Crackpot Alert: Might Lem Be Richard Lonmouth?

1 minute ago, Ser Leftwich said:

It was discussed, but I do not recall the consensus. IIRC, he speech was odd. Sometimes formal, sometimes "M'lord," sometimes, when stressed, he slips around. IIRC, the conclusion was it is possible he is faking a "M'lord" accent.

Earlier in the thread, the idea that he's trying too hard to put on the smallfolk accent was put forth. It's too pronounced.

I recalled this theory had been exposed, but I hadn't read this thread. It's amazing.

I find some cons, though. Where had he been for fifteen years? Prince Rhaegar's squire should have been noticed. Someone, somewhere should have recognized him, since he seems familiar with people in the Riverlands, and not as a family man, in fact.

Maybe the wife and daughter he claims to have lost to the Lannisters are actually Rhaegar's. Btw, he hasn't lost any son.

If Jaime is taken to the BwB, they might talk and reveal many a mystery. It's said that R+L=J, but the story is running out of people who could bear witness of it. These couple can't, either, but they could give some clues.

8 hours ago, finger said:

I recalled this theory had been exposed, but I hadn't read this thread. It's amazing.

I find some cons, though. Where had he been for fifteen years? Prince Rhaegar's squire should have been noticed. Someone, somewhere should have recognized him, since he seems familiar with people in the Riverlands, and not as a family man, in fact.

Maybe the wife and daughter he claims to have lost to the Lannisters are actually Rhaegar's. Btw, he hasn't lost any son.

If Jaime is taken to the BwB, they might talk and reveal many a mystery. It's said that R+L=J, but the story is running out of people who could bear witness of it. These couple can't, either, but they could give some clues.

Well perhaps he just stayed in the Riverlands? House Lonmouth is from the Stormlands so as long as he doesn't return there its doubtful that anyone would recognize him. Still an odd thing to do considering he was a Lord. We also don't know who he fought for Rhaegar or Robert. His friend and Prince or his drinking buddy and liege lord.

Its possible that he lost a lot of his power and influence after the war, like House Connington. Perhaps he married some Riverland's lady and she was killed early in the war. What he has been doing the last 15 years, besides getting a wife and daughter is a mystery.

However I do like the idea that he was part of Rhaegar's group that took Lyanna and he could share some insight about Jon's parentage. Like as some have speculated they were wed. Only time will tell.

15 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Well perhaps he just stayed in the Riverlands? House Lonmouth is from the Stormlands so as long as he doesn't return there its doubtful that anyone would recognize him. Still an odd thing to do considering he was a Lord. We also don't know who he fought for Rhaegar or Robert. His friend and Prince or his drinking buddy and liege lord.

Its possible that he lost a lot of his power and influence after the war, like House Connington. Perhaps he married some Riverland's lady and she was killed early in the war. What he has been doing the last 15 years, besides getting a wife and daughter is a mystery.

However I do like the idea that he was part of Rhaegar's group that took Lyanna and he could share some insight about Jon's parentage. Like as some have speculated they were wed. Only time will tell.

True. Grrm gives away just what he means to. Lem might be Lonmouth, and that's all.

Anyway, he's one front runner for the character missing in the show. I'd put him in a short list with Jeyne Westerling and a few others.

Btw, I don't share all that buzz about the show spoiling anything. I'm a reader rather than a couch potato, and I left the show after the second season. As an exercise while waiting for TWOW,  I'm watching the show, I'm starting the third season, and I hardly recognize the books. There's a basic plot, but the characters and the situations are quite different. I could say more, but this is completely off topic.

6 hours ago, finger said:

True. Grrm gives away just what he means to. Lem might be Lonmouth, and that's all.

Anyway, he's one front runner for the character missing in the show. I'd put him in a short list with Jeyne Westerling and a few others.

Btw, I don't share all that buzz about the show spoiling anything. I'm a reader rather than a couch potato, and I left the show after the second season. As an exercise while waiting for TWOW,  I'm watching the show, I'm starting the third season, and I hardly recognize the books. There's a basic plot, but the characters and the situations are quite different. I could say more, but this is completely off topic.

Martin has already said the show and books are completely different canons. Doesn't stop me from looking for clues. Still the show is merely a pale imitation of the books but since I am still waiting for Winds I continue to watch the show.

As far as missing characters in the show Jeyne Westerling, Lem, LSH, Aegon VI, JonCon, and anything vaguely familiar to the book version of Dorne.

On 5/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, finger said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

On 5/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, finger said:

23 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Well perhaps he just stayed in the Riverlands? House Lonmouth is from the Stormlands so as long as he doesn't return there its doubtful that anyone would recognize him. 

<snip>

Its possible that he lost a lot of his power and influence after the war, like House Connington.

Jaime is being taken to BwB/Lonmouth.  Lonmouth and Connington are Stormlanders who were intimately connected to Rhaegar a la squiring and knew one another well.  Connington is currently regaining his honor via Aegon.  

My bet is on Lonmouth "regaining his own honor" via Jaime by turning him in to Aegon. 

3 minutes ago, Isobel Harper said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jaime is being taken to BwB/Lonmouth.  Lonmouth and Connington are Stormlanders who were intimately connected to Rhaegar a la squiring and knew one another well.  Connington is currently regaining his honor via Aegon.  

My bet is on Lonmouth "regaining his own honor" via Jaime by turning him in to Aegon. 

I get the feeling there are quite a few former Targ supporters in the BWB. It would be interesting to see this happening.

On 12/5/2016 at 5:08 AM, Lord Wraith said:

Martin has already said the show and books are completely different canons. Doesn't stop me from looking for clues. Still the show is merely a pale imitation of the books but since I am still waiting for Winds I continue to watch the show.

As far as missing characters in the show Jeyne Westerling, Lem, LSH, Aegon VI, JonCon, and anything vaguely familiar to the book version of Dorne.

Agreed. We need TWOW

Archived