Crackpot Alert: Might Lem Be Richard Lonmouth?

Lol, I just realized Lem's wife and daughter were mentioned in the OP.

Has this been mentioned? The drinking game isn't the only thing Robert and Lonmouth did at Harrenhall. Both of them also swore to unmask the KotLT. Rhaegar was the one who found the shield swaying in the tree.

Lol, I just realized Lem's wife and daughter were mentioned in the OP.

:P

Has this been mentioned? The drinking game isn't the only thing Robert and Lonmouth did at Harrenhall. Both of them also swore to unmask the KotLT. Rhaegar was the one who found the shield swaying in the tree.

Oooh I missed that. So basically Lonmouth is linked to the Rhaegar-Lyanna-Robert love triangle, in a way. Interesting. B)

And Lem found Arya hiding behind a tree...

The case builds itself!

Nice work, Dr. Pepper and Apple, I'm impressed.

To that I'll add that we first see Lem with red-haired Anguy and the singer, Tom O'Sevens, who plays the harp; Richard Lonmouth's friends were the red-haired Jon Connington and Rhaegar, who sang and played the harp.

I think I'm starting to see things that aren't really there but this is fun so I'll carry on.

So in Sallydance, Lem and Gendry are playing a game. Tiles.

At Acorn Hall, Arya is dressed up as a young lady. She and Gendry fight a bit and her dress is torn. They come in and everyone sees they are fighting. Lem, who had his nose broken by Arya was was quite upset about it, ends up defending her and clouts Gendry and tells him not to pick on someone half his age. Harwin says Arya probably started it because she was much the same at Winterfell. Then Tom O'Sevens, who was singing "Oh Lay My Sweet Lass Down in the Grass" winks at Arya and starts on this verse:

And how she smiled and how she laughed,

the maiden of the tree.

She spun away and said to him,

no featherbed for me.

I’ll wear a gown of golden leaves,

and bind my hair with grass,

But you can be my forest love,

and me your forest lass.

Those first two lines...interesting :D

I think I'm starting to see things that aren't really there but this is fun so I'll carry on.

At Acorn Hall, Arya is dressed up as a young lady. She and Gendry fight a bit and her dress is torn. They come in and everyone sees they are fighting. Lem, who had his nose broken by Arya was was quite upset about it, ends up defending her and clouts Gendry and tells him not to pick on someone half his age. Harwin says Arya probably started it because she was much the same at Winterfell. Then Tom O'Sevens, who was singing "Oh Lay My Sweet Lass Down in the Grass" winks at Arya and starts on this verse:

the maiden of the tree.

no featherbed for me.

and me your forest lass.

Interesting indeed. If Lem = Lonmouth, he may have taught the song to Tom. Isnt Lem mentioned in knowing many songs but sucks the ass at singing?

Interesting indeed. If Lem = Lonmouth, he may have taught the song to Tom. Isnt Lem mentioned in knowing many songs but sucks the ass at singing?

I need to download these things, beats the hell out of flipping through the pages trying to find random stuff. But yeah that sounds familiar.

Here's a quote:

“You must be a lackwit, boy,” said Lem. “We’re outlaws. Lowborn scum, most of us, excepting his lordship. Don’t think it’ll be like Tom’s fool songs neither. You won’t be stealing no kisses from a princess, nor riding in no tourneys in stolen armor. You join us, you’ll end with your neck in a noose, or your head mounted up above some castle gate.”

Says most of them are lowborn scum and seems to include himself. I'm still not considering his speech or this lowborn scum comment to be killers to the theory. I do like the bolded portion. Stealing kisses, indeed (though obviously referencing the kingswood brotherhood). And riding in tourneys with stolen, ill-fitting armor we've seen somewhere...

Awesome theory guys! Got me really excited to know there's other readers who picked up on Richard Lonmouth's inclusion in Meera and Jojen's story. I always found that odd that he was the in there with all the other big names.

Nice work, Dr. Pepper and Apple, I'm impressed.

To that I'll add that we first see Lem with red-haired Anguy and the singer, Tom O'Sevens, who plays the harp; Richard Lonmouth's friends were the red-haired Jon Connington and Rhaegar, who sang and played the harp.

Now this is definitely interesting.

The connection between Rhaegar-Lonmouth-Robert is too apparent not to be relevant to the story. Chekov's Lonmouth?

Lady Gwyn mentioned this idea to me months ago, but it slipped into the way-back of my mind. I am so glad this is getting some momentum/backing as a theory.

The connection between Rhaegar-Lonmouth-Robert is too apparent not to be relevant to the story. Chekov's Lonmouth?

I can't help but wonder if the house words are a clue here. Like Richard found himself torn between Rhaegar and Robert, for whatever reason, or if he could have said something to avert or mitigate the war and chose not to, etc.

I can't help but wonder if the house words are a clue here. Like Richard found himself torn between Rhaegar and Robert, for whatever reason, or if he could have said something to avert or mitigate the war and chose not to, etc.

In conjunction, the imagery of love and death (kisses and skulls) in relation to the proverbial star-crossed lovers of Lyanna and Rhaegar can hardly be passed up.

But, would this Lem-Lonmouth be too much of a Lancelot-type reveal: a knight who runs away from it all, only to join back as a reveal?

(This is such good material!)

This is a really interesting theory. Credit to Lady Gwyn for initially making the connection, and credit to Apple, DP and everyone else for furthering this idea.

Seconded :)

Lady G's not-so-cracked crackpottery has ignited a chain reaction with unpredictable consequence lol

the maiden of the tree.

no featherbed for me.

and me your forest lass.

Here's a quote:

“You must be a lackwit, boy,” said Lem. “We’re outlaws. Lowborn scum, most of us, excepting his lordship. Don’t think it’ll be like Tom’s fool songs neither. You won’t be stealing no kisses from a princess, nor riding in no tourneys in stolen armor. You join us, you’ll end with your neck in a noose, or your head mounted up above some castle gate.”

Says most of them are lowborn scum and seems to include himself. I'm still not considering his speech or this lowborn scum comment to be killers to the theory. I do like the bolded portion. Stealing kisses, indeed (though obviously referencing the kingswood brotherhood). And riding in tourneys with stolen, ill-fitting armor we've seen somewhere...

As I said, chain reaction :bowdown:

Archived