College football 2013 week 2: OVERCOME ADVERSITY

Kalbear

Continue!

Oregon's first team looks...inconsistent. Our receivers look better than they ever have in Kelly's reign, DAT is still a beast and Mariota when running is good. Lyerla though...ugh. 4 dropped passes. So many inside runs by Marshall that went no where. Defense still gave up big plays left and right. And the penalties were just atrociously bad.

Lots of teachable moments.

Good news: our backups KICK ASS this year. Tyner is as good as advertised and Lockie looks really sharp.

If you were wondering why your team didn't score many points today, it is because Baylor scored all of them. they are up 70-13 now on Buffalo, Someone at the scheduling department must hate those kids. Buffalo opened up on the road to OSU and then Baylor...

If you think 80 points is not a lot... They have had third stringers in since the half. They scored 56 in the first half.

Haven't had time to catch up on the rest of the posts, but at least UK's Air Raid 2.0 decided to show up today. 24 points in 1Q (school record, we are traditionally a 2nd half team), blowing it out early vs. a non-competitive Miami OH team. 675 yards offense, which was 3rd best in school history (I"m guessing the top 2 were from Mumme's original Air Raid with Tim Couch in the 90's).

Promising. Albeit against SEC defenses those numbers probably won't equate, but at least they showed some life today. I was surprised at how they utilized both Whitlow and Smith at QB in the no-huddle "NASCAR" spurts. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team use a two-QB system so seamlessly, on the same drive and even the same set of downs, subbing them just like RBs or WRs in the no-huddle even a few times. That will make us a bit harder for other teams to prepare for defensively. The QBs seemed to stay warm and in-flow, even coming in and out of the game on the same drive.

The defense seemed to be more on top of things this week, albeit let's remember this is against Miami OH. Next week we get UofL at home. Time to get my pellet gun out and start shooting Cardinals in my back yard to sacrifice at the altar of the Football Gods and pray for a Wildcat Miracle.

Best of luck to you & your teams the rest of the evening.

I did not see the Va Tech game, but looking at what happened, I do not think that Logan Thomas has what it takes to move up to the next level. ESPN said that W. Carolina, an FCS team, has had 12 straight losses. Thomas was 17/31 with TWO interceptions. Against W. Carolina. That's just not good enough. I feel sorry for him. I believe that he works hard and is a decent person, and I don't know what made him regress after one good season, but it must be hard to know that you didn't live up to what other people believed was your potential (even if it was never your real potential and only other people's wistful thinking).

ETA: I know that fan speculation on who works hard and is a decent person is not worthwhile, but no one has ever called him a lazy troublemaker, ever.

Have escaped the wedding and am watching the OU-WVU game now. Looks like the OU defense is playing well again, outside of a 75 yard TD run allowed in the first half. Also looks like Trevor Knight is struggling again, which is nervewracking. Everything we hear from media types is that Knight is incredibly impressive in practice, but he just isn't putting it together in the games.

Just turned on the Michigan/ND game (lucky pass interference call there to give Michigan a huge second chance) - their fan turnout looks great, better than their contingent to the Sugar Bowl. Makes you realize how sad it is that so many historic rivalry games are disappearing.

Archived