What would ruin it for you?

Okaythen

There are a couple of topics bouncing around at the moment asking if X would ruin (or similar) the series for you. It got me thinking about what would ruin it for me. I only came up with one thing which is Jamie and Brienne being in love and getting together. Now obviously it depends on how it's handled but my gut reaction would be a big fat NO.

So what would ruin it for you?

PS - I know this has probably been done somewhere before (these forums are incredibly comprehensive) but I couldn't see it recently. If there has been a recent thread I apologise.

The Starks loyalty to the North and the people of the North not being repaid in kind now that they need support themselves. If they all fall and the house isn't restored I'm going to be upset. I'm not saying they should control all of Westeros but the North should really appreciate how THEY ran things now that they're gone.

• Jon staying dead. I don't know if GRRM plans to resurrect him. But Jon staying dead (or even staying dead through tWoW) would be a joke on us. He has been foreshadowed to be a 'King' as a major player in the upcoming War with the Others. If he stays dead, it will be sad.
  • Dany landing in Westeros, defeating all her enemies at KL. Then riding on her dragon to the Wall, and defeating the Others. She gets everything so easy! Her army, her bloodriders, her dragons, the best Queensguard (Jorah, Barristan). And she just has to say 'blood of the dragon' or 'dracarys' every now and then. I wont' be surprised she sits the Iron Throne by the end of tWoW.

• Jon staying dead. I don't know if GRRM plans to resurrect him. But Jon staying dead (or even staying dead through tWoW) would be a joke on us. He has been foreshadowed to be a 'King' as a major player in the upcoming War with the Others. If he stays dead, it will be sad.
  • Dany landing in Westeros, defeating all her enemies at KL. Then riding on her dragon to the Wall, and defeating the Others. She gets everything so easy! Her army, her bloodriders, her dragons, the best Queensguard (Jorah, Barristan). And she just has to say 'blood of the dragon' or 'dracarys' every now and then. I wont' be surprised she sits the Iron Throne by the end of tWoW.

I agree with you on the Dany thing it gets annoying but I would "like" to see Jon really dying. It would be the ultimate punch in the face from GRRM which would underline the rule that there are no true heroes in the game.

Arya never seeing Nymeria again. Not a major thing, but it would annoy me severely.

Arya not killing anyone from her list (keep yer paws off Sandor though, please pleeeease... which leads me toooo):

Arya killing Sandor Clegane.

Cersei regaining any sort of power.

Jon Snow being dead.

Brienne dying.

Sandor Clegane really being dead.

Theon Greyjoy not learning a lesson from all he's done and suffered (or rather, not doing anything to make things right).

Rickon not doing anything useful.

Sansa not getting revenge from Littlefinger.

Winterfell never belonging to the Starks again.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Another thing is if Jon + Dany = twu wuv!!1!!! Gag me.

Nothing would ruin it for me. Somethings could, and will, happen in it that I won't necessary like, but I believe in George and in his ability to tell his story. Admittedly I would be very sorry if Jon or Arya died, but I would struggle on through it. Nothing short of death will stop me from reading and enjoying it until its bittersweet ending. Of course, I could die of old age ...

Archived