What would ruin it for you?

Okaythen

Jon and Dany falling in love getting married and living happily ever after. Though unlike you I hope Brienne and Jaime fall in love and bang. I hope it's after Jaime kills Cersei to defend Brienne but Qyburn snuck away and enacts the Wildfire plot. Knowing they will never escape the Red Keep, they decide to go out with a "bang" so to speak

It will take a combination of lots of events that I do not want to happen to make me lose some interest in the series, or ruin it a little. So, some of the things I sincerely hope that do not happen:

- Cersei, Jaime and/or Tyrion Lannister being Targaryens.

- Euron winning nothing/having no real impact in the story.

- If the Others turn out to be a serious threat to to the world, and therefore need to be completely eradicated, I hope their destruction is achieved through a collaboration of lots of different individuals/families, not just one person (Daenerys or Jon or whoever).

- Jaime Lannister and/or Theon Greyjoy dying.

- Theon being sacrificed to revive Jon Snow.

- Daenerys and/or Jon Snow winning and keeping the Iron Throne.

- Brienne being UnBrienne. Enough of resurrections.

- House Frey receiving no punishment.

- Stannis achieving nothing in the end.

Another thing is if Jon + Dany = twu wuv!!1!!! Gag me.

Jon+Dany is one thing that would make me extremely disappointed. (I won't say it would ruin it for me, I'd keep reading, but I would Not Be Happy.) Another one is if it turns out that Dany is AAR, TPTWP, all three heads of the dragon, the fulfilment of every prophecy ever and everybody in Westeros will worship the ground upon which she threads. I refuse to believe GRRM would ever write something that cliché. :ack:

• Resurrecting Jon in the Un-dead way.
  • Winterfell being ruled in perpetuity by anyone other than a Stark.
  • Jon leaving the Night's Watch no matter the circumstances.
  • Aegon real or not winning the Throne either on his own or by marriage.
  • Dany coming out of east field (literally) and taking Westeros by storm with little trouble.
  • Arya living out her days in Essos as a faceless man and never seeing her family/Nymeria again.

Any or a combination on:

- Dany on the IT.

- One single person/faction destroying the Others / White Walkers.

- All Starks dying.

- All of my favorites dying (Arya, Baelish, Cersei, Davos, Olenna, Sandor). I fully expect at least half of them to bite the dust, but if they are all going to kick it, I'm out.

- Dei ex machina - We have enough pawns and players on the field. We don't need any more McGuffins, plot twists, hidden characters and the like.

Azor Ahai/ The Prince That Was Promised/ The Last Hero 2.0 etc. existing. It would be far more interesting for it to be a concentrated effort on the parts of many people, rather than just one hero/heroine.

Also, Jon and Val/Mel/Dany/Tormund/etc. I'd just rather see Jon not get the princess in the end. Otherwise it would be too much of a fairy tale.

On the topic of Jon, R+L=J being true. I know that I will probably be disappointed, but the way that the relationship between Rhaegar and Lyanna is so romanticised, at least on this forum, bothers me. It's too fairy tale for a story that is so interesting and complex.

Archived