Robert Stanek novels

MisterOJ

To be perfectly honest, I started this thread as mostly a joke, but I am also mildly interested in reading one of these books - if for no other reason than to see if they are as bad as others purport them to be.

I just put a request to get The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches Book 1 and The Bugville Critters Visit Mom and Dad at Work delivered to my library through inter-library loan.

Oh and I found his Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Administrator's Pocket Consultant too. Although I don't know if that is going to be of any use to me - being neither a professional or an administrator.

The Amazon editorial review actually gives this a rave review: "Ounce for ounce and dollar for dollar, the Pocket Consultant series from Microsoft Press is one of the best values around. The editors do a good job of recruiting competent authors and having them comply with well-thought-out style and formatting rules. Microsoft Windows XP Professional Administrator's Pocket Consultant is one of the gems of the series ... A particularly nice characteristic of Stanek's style: His skill at combining straight procedures ("Just follow these steps and it'll work") with supplementary information about options ("On the other hand, if you're doing something unusual, you might need to modify the standard procedure a bit"). As no real-life installation of Windows XP ever seems to match authors' ideas of normalcy, the supplementary information is critical."

Thank you for the sacrifice of your sanity, prone (PTSST? We need to find a good abbreviation for you, we're a lazy lot here)

Would you like to share your experiences here, chapter by chapter?

(like the Tairy threads)

In the Service of Dragons is the 5th book in the series. It wouldn't make much sense if you started there (it would be like trying to read Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series at a Feast of Crows,skipping the first three books).

And maybe he is a best-selling non-fiction author for his computer books that he writes under his real name William R. Stanek.

The other one's were checked out and I didn't plan on investing myself in the series so I wasn't really concerned whether or not it made sense, I just wanted to see if his writing was as shit as everyone said it was........and it was.

Thank you for the sacrifice of your sanity, prone (PTSST? We need to find a good abbreviation for you, we're a lazy lot here)

Would you like to share your experiences here, chapter by chapter?

(like the Tairy threads)

I don't think we need to waste more board space on such detail and from what I remember of the book and from this chapter-by-chapter of the entire series in progress, it is would not be as interesting as the Tairy threads.

A concise paragraph or two would work.

Are you kidding?

There is not a single person in this forum with the balls to experience my dark path.

Good job on picking the creepy Christmas tree picture.

I find most of the pictures of Stanek somewhat off-putting. I don't know if that's because of all the stuff I've read by and about him or not.

I think I'll show the wife some of the photos this weekend and just ask her what they "say" to her, since she has no idea at all who Stanek is.

I think I'll show the wife some of the photos this weekend and just ask her what they "say" to her, since she has no idea at all who Stanek is.

Just don't be surprised when you get the divorce papers citing "cruel and unusuall punishment" though... ;)

Are you kidding?

There is not a single person in this forum with the balls to experience my dark path.

Sounds more like Joe Abercrombie or Luke Scull. Unless he is using his skills as an author to sound like another person?

How did someone get a picture of him at his Christmas tree? Unless he just takes random pictures at Christmas trees around the holiday's. That was creepy though. I can't even get through the dissection that is "The Life and Lies of Robert Stanek," without stopping to contemplate the utter dastardly bullshit one person can wreak, so I doubt I'll be paying to read any of his "bestselling" texts anytime soon. Entertaining thread, though.

How did someone get a picture of him at his Christmas tree? Unless he just takes random pictures at Christmas trees around the holiday's. That was creepy though. I can't even get through the dissection that is "The Life and Lies of Robert Stanek," without stopping to contemplate the utter dastardly bullshit one person can wreak, so I doubt I'll be paying to read any of his "bestselling" texts anytime soon. Entertaining thread, though.

He even has a lower body in this picture meaning he almost certainly was with the Christmas tree.

Archived