Was Rhaegar feminine?

Nami

If being feminine, means that a man doesn't go around pounding his chest like "Kong" and only fighting when it truly matters; while also being kind, open, intelligent and by all accounts a decent person. Then yes, he is feminine to some; as would be any other man who does the same. Personally, I would just call it being a real man and a decent human being. See Ned, Davos and a several other male characters in this series.

If being feminine, means that a man doesn't go around pounding his chest like "Kong" and only fighting when it truly matters; while also being kind, open, intelligent and by all accounts a decent person. Then yes, he is feminine to some; as would be any other man who does the same. Personally, I would just call it being a real man and a decent human being. See Ned, Davos and a several other male characters in this series.

Actually he fought when it was convenient.

Well... yes.

Lol. What we have here is a question of subjective taste. I guess I would have to take my answer beyond surface appearances. A man is not feminine for being a musician, artist, scholar, or having empathy, compassion, and etiquette. Mannerism, speech, and emotional aspect, along with appearance would work together to define a masculine or feminine impression. I don't think we have been given indication that he was perceived of as being feminine. But we do hear that he was quite skilled at arms once he took an interest in them - which seems to point towards Masculinity.

Anyways... I think No is still the answer for me.

ETA - He was clearly a lady's man. Also, fwiiw, he seems to have left JonCon unrequited...

I can agree with some of that. Or it could be said that he fought when he had no chocie, in the end. He still could have sat out at the Trident, but he didn't.

He should technically have fought earlier i.e at the Bells.

Crossing the Trident was a stupid idea.

Rhaegar was a fool as far as we know. Factually he acted very brash and idiotic but if down the line we find out he had a plan in place to stop people from rebelling (as I dont think anyone could be stupid enough to run off with a high lords daughter and and think they can get off Scott free) but someone interferes with it. Someone smart with a grudge against house Stark or Targaryen(Littlefinger anyone) who benefit from the rebellion. But with all the evidence given so far it seems he ran off with her and tried to blow off the consequences.

Rhaegar was a fool as far as we know. Factually he acted very brash and idiotic but if down the line we find out he had a plan in place to stop people from rebelling (as I dont think anyone could be stupid enough to run off with a high lords daughter and and think they can get off Scott free) but someone interferes with it. Someone smart with a grudge against house Stark or Targaryen(Littlefinger anyone) who benefit from the rebellion. But with all the evidence given so far it seems he ran off with her and tried to blow off the consequences.

This.

And plus abandoning his wife and children for a year.

And that evidence being? There is next to none.

Also, I missed the part when the supposed abduction of Lyanna led to the Starks and Baratheons calling banners. For some inexplicable reason, they waited with it until Aerys demanded the heads of Ned and Robert, so perhaps the abduction itself was not

a reason enough to rebel.

This.

And plus abandoning his wife and children for a year.

And Ned abandoning his wife and youngest child to become a Hand was OK? Because, it's not like Rhaegar left Elia to make meat's ends all by herself.

ETA:

Please stay in topic

It's about if he looks feminine or not lol

Oops, sorry, didn't see you there.

This.

I think he was more beautiful than handsome if you know what I mean. I think some guys can be masculine and instead of being called handsome people say beautiful.

But I think some of the guys can be called beautiful in the series like Jamie and Loras and I say this because they are said to resemble their sisters so very closely. I always thought Jamie could be called feminine looking and Jon also because I always got the impression he looked young for his age.

i don't know the only targaryen male that i've seen in the flesh is hbo-viserys, and he didn't look or act very manly to me, maybe rhaegar looked nothing like viserys but still.

@ygrain yeah sure is exactly the same thing... ned was going to kings landing to get some ass rhaegar's style...

female please...

from an unpublished asoiaf traslantion...

"soy un trolazo me gusta el pedazo la lala lalala lalaa"

-rhaegar targaryen.

Archived