Was Rhaegar feminine?

Nami

I don't recall GoT having any flashbacks, and did not see Rhaegar in the HoTU visions. I don't think we will see an actor playing Rhaegar.

Dany thinks he's Viserys at first glance, but realizes he is more mature (my adjective). As another poster noted, some of the hottest male models in the world would make gorgeous women (see Jared Leto in and out of drag).

The silver prince may have been bookish and pensive, but he fills out that black armor like a grown ass man:

rhaegar was a coward who didn't even enter a war he started until the last battle.

Excuse me, do you keep saying this in all threads about Rhaegar? the same exact phrase

I noticed this is like the second or third time I've seen this comment from you

I always thought of the Targs as looking more like elves than men, with sleek features and long blond hair. Their look I would call "elegant" more than feminine.

For some fools though all it takes to look feminine is having long hair. Apparently they never listened to bands like Slayer.

I always pictured Rhaegar as a hottie, all man, but pretty face (men can have pretty faces, too).

Like this, maybe a bit less Fabio...

My gods that fanart. He looks almost exactly like this. Har!

I picture Rhae-man more like this. Heavy on the manpretty, but far from a little weenie man.

I always thought of the Targs as looking more like elves than men, with sleek features and long blond hair. Their look I would call "elegant" more than feminine.

For some fools though all it takes to look feminine is having long hair. Apparently they never listened to bands like Slayer.

Not really, I mean, Aegon I, Maegor and Daemon seem pretty damn masculine with impressive bodies

This elven beauty don't really fit in with Targs, me thinks

Cersei (amongst others, I just recall her saying it), often recalls his beauty - perhaps to the extent that he seems to exude some sort of feminine grace.

His sad songs may perhaps be seen as a feminine quality also (perhaps wrongly), because we would be comparing him to other far more masculine characters whom we could surely not imagine doing this, e.g Robert, Eddard, Jamie, the Cleganes and so forth.

His skills in fighting also seem to be more calculated skill rather than brute strength; again, this does not suggest he is feminine, but rather that he is not the epitome of masculinity.

I suppose it's all by comparison really. I've always thought of him as being a little feminine, but perhaps as I've said, it's just that he seems this way when we consider other people.

Rhaegar would have been, what we call these days "metrosexual".

Rhaegar wears Hugo Boss, and knows what cufflinks are.

Rhaegar's hair products are better than yours, and he has an affectionate, platonic relationship with the lady that does his facials... not that kind of facial, you dirty little piggy!

Cersei (amongst others, I just recall her saying it), often recalls his beauty - perhaps to the extent that he seems to exude some sort of feminine grace.

His sad songs may perhaps be seen as a feminine quality also (perhaps wrongly), because we would be comparing him to other far more masculine characters whom we could surely not imagine doing this, e.g Robert, Eddard, Jamie, the Cleganes and so forth.

His skills in fighting also seem to be more calculated skill rather than brute strength; again, this does not suggest he is feminine, but rather that he is not the epitome of masculinity.

I suppose it's all by comparison really. I've always thought of him as being a little feminine, but perhaps as I've said, it's just that he seems this way when we consider other people.

Jaime is Cersei's twin, I think he has more delicate features compared to Rhaegar. Cersei did say Rhaegar was a man when comparing him to Aurane Waters, whatever that means. Maybe he had a mature vibe or something

Excuse me, do you keep saying this in all threads about Rhaegar? the same exact phrase

I noticed this is like the second or third time I've seen this comment from you

Well, what he said is true. No harm in repeating the truth.

Robert>Rhaegar

He could add something else

True enough, I guess I can add some thoughts on this whole thing as well.

I think rhaegar had some serious issues, honestly. And the cult following and love he has/gets is due to a mix of his looks and never actually having a chance to fuck up. He enters the war late, and loses the only battle he ever commanded. He has no experience ruling, and people think he would make this super great king for some reason. I have no idea why, because he played the lute? Because he read some books? I cant for the life of me explain it. He wasn't a mean person, i don't think, just not the brightest, and he may have had some sort of medical condition of some sort.

He could add something else

And it's quite pointless when the thread and no one is talking about that

P.S. And what the hell Robert has to do with this?

You could argue that Rheagar lost some of his femininity that day. Voiding one's bowels prior to death is quite the masculinizing experience.

True enough, I guess I can add some thoughts on this whole thing as well.

I think rhaegar had some serious issues, honestly. And the cult following and love he has/gets is due to a mix of his looks and never having actually having a chance to fuck up. He enters the war late, and loses the only battle he ever commanded. He has no experience ruling, and people think he would make this super great king for some reason. I have no idea why, because he played the lute? Because he read some books? I cant for the life of me explain it. He wasn't a mean person, i don't think, just not the brightest, and he may have had some sort of medical condition of some sort.

Yes, why Barristan and even Ned think Rhaegar would have been a good ruler knowing of his impulsive and selfish act that triggered a rebellion?

I guess we don't know about this character well enough to think one way or another. He made a mistake, but maybe he had a lot of qualities to be a good king, and that's why we have people thinking he would be great.

Archived