Direwolves and Life Forces

MidnightAurora

I just started reading ADWD and something got me thinking back to AGOT and the books after regarding Direwolves. The only mentors/friends I trust for the Starks are Gendry, Mya, Sam, Osha and their direwolves. All love their Stark they are around and have done things that are selfless and shown their true loyalty even though Mya does not know Alyane is Sansa.

Summer on his own probably has some prophetic nature and thus tried to forewarn Bran not to climb on that fateful day to fail, but he did not fail to protect Bran.

Then we hear how Greywind is always by Robb's side and best a lot of men in protecting him and I am sure if Greywind was not busy killing others he would have ripped Jaime's throat out before Jaime killed the men protecting Robb and thus Karstark would not have been lost in grief for two sons. I believe Karstark made a lot of mistakes in his grief, but that is for another chapter.

We all know Shaggy could do if provoke and probably reckoning havoc in Skagos etc..

We know like Arya tried to get back RR to her family and was always so close and no cigar and the same can be said for Nymeria trying desperately to reunite with Arya once Nymeria sensed her again. Hence her and her pack followed Arya everywhere and protected Arya and seems Arya's dispels a lot of emotion into Nymeria unbeknownst to Arya and Nymeria exacts revenge. I think this because of reading Arya's chapters and her dreams as well as other POV that state what her pack has done and noticed a pattern and thus none of the brotherhood, or any of Robb's loyal men, same with RR have been attacked by the pack especially the Freys etc..

Hence Nymeria knows foe from friend.

I know from spoilers what happens to Ghost and Jon etc.. I have not gotten to it in the book yet, so I can only speculate some on that point thus far.

Here is the point to this thread... The direwolves are fiercely loyal to their Stark and each other etc.. They are separated and howl to them at night to be reunited, to speak to the old gods etc..

I think the bond is much deeper than that and they share a life force bond. Not a bond where if one dies the other dies, but a bond that can transcends one own life-force to another. The reason being is Bran should have died after his fall and looked to be that way until Summer started Howling non stop and was joined by his brothers and sisters. When they howled Bran got stronger and I was thinking that Summer was transcending some of his life force into Bran to live and get better. Bran would grow weaker when he was shooed away and after Summer saved Bran from the attacker and never left his bed, Bran became stronger and he became stronger in his dreams as well. There are other examples that support this hypothesis for Bran and will have to re-research it to find direct quotes to support my claim.

Nymeria can be said the same except she keeps Arya from losing herself and making sure Arya knows who she is. She can feel Arya and her mind..

Greywind was never if not obedient like a good soldier and Robb, Cat and others should had taken more heed in his warning before the RW because of how stressed he was and needed to be with Robb.

Here is where pure speculation comes into play regarding Jon and Ghost. and Maybe Mel.. I wholeheartedly believe she is evil and loves sacrifices too much and a lot of other actions that make me believe she is evil. She may do the occasional nice thing, but nothing to deter me from thinking she is evil. I am still not convinced about BR either..or any other mentor for the Stark child because all what I see are these people using the Stark child for their power, blood etc and nothing good for the Stark child themselves.

Varamyr stated he wished he could have met Ghost before Jon as thus would have lived a fine life because of the power in Jon's wolf, but he stated once a animal is bond to man that the bind is forever with a couple exceptions. hence why he was only able to take over warging the eagle after Orwell died. Varamyr also stated he could steal a man's second life by eating the heart out of another warg.. I am not quite sure what that is yet..

Here is why I think the Direwolves are connected to their Stark child by lifeforce and can heal them or let them live if near death by giving the Stark child their lifeforce or some. Mel caused somehow to break this bond bewteen Ghost and Jon and thus tricked the NW men to stab him so either she can give him the kiss of life and she can use him for ehr own purpose and thus Ghost cannot give him his and the old gods lifeforce as I believe it is the old gods' lifeforce that runs through all the direwolves and that was transmitted into Bran. Hence, Mel would break the bond not only to Ghost, but to theOld Gods. Either she can give him the give of life and resurrect him or take his heart and take his second life for her own plans.

Thoughts??

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started reading ADWD and something got me thinking back to AGOT and the books after regarding Direwolves. The only mentors/friends I trust for the Starks are Gendry, Mya, Sam, Osha and their direwolves. All love their Stark they are around and have done things that are selfless and shown their true loyalty even though Mya does not know Alyane is Sansa.

Summer on his own probably has some prophetic nature and thus tried to forewarn Bran not to climb on that fateful day to fail, but he did not fail to protect Bran.

Then we hear how Greywind is always by Robb's side and best a lot of men in protecting him and I am sure if Greywind was not busy killing others he would have ripped Jaime's throat out before Jaime killed the men protecting Robb and thus Karstark would not have been lost in grief for two sons. I believe Karstark made a lot of mistakes in his grief, but that is for another chapter.

We all know Shaggy could do if provoke and probably reckoning havoc in Skagos etc..

snip

Varamyr stated he wished he could have met Ghost before Jon as thus would have lived a fine life because of the power in Jon's wolf, but he stated once a animal is bond to man that the bind is forever with a couple exceptions. hence why he was only able to take over warging the eagle after Orwell died. Varamyr also stated he could steal a man's second life by eating the heart out of another warg.. I am not quite sure what that is yet..

snip

Thoughts??

MIDNIGHTAURORA: GOOD EFFORT! I will help you with the "heart" part. V6S - when he was V3S - "stole" Haggon's source for a "second life" - GREYSKIN, the old wolf Haggon planned to warg before his human body expired.

In part to prove his "superior" powers, V3S wargs Greyskin before Haggon can. Hence, V3S advances to V4S. While in Greyskin, V4S eats Haggon's heart. Varamyr observes that he did not commit an "abomination" because he ate human flesh while in a wolf and not while in human form with human teeth.

I hope this helps.

Archived