**NEW OCT 8 UPDATE INFO**: Capclave FRIDAY Pig Dinner 2013 RSVP Thread

Let me remind people to NOT contact the hotel in regards to this event. This is pushing the limits on what is allowed outside of the meeting rooms. Someone asked about additional function space for this event. Never contact a convention's hotel directly without the permission of the convention staff.

Let me remind people to NOT contact the hotel in regards to this event. This is pushing the limits on what is allowed outside of the meeting rooms. Someone asked about additional function space for this event. Never contact a convention's hotel directly without the permission of the convention staff.

Quoting this for truth.

DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL.

The convention committee exists for a reason: they negotiate all things with the hotel, and act as a liaison between fan groups such as ours and the hotel management. These structures are in place for a reason. If you have a question, ask it here.

Excellent, I've never had one before!

Essentially a 50/50 mix of the two, adjusted to personal taste. The goal is to simultaneously lower the mead's sweetness while raising the cider's ABV.

Update in the OP. I've created the list of those who have seats and those who will be chilling with us in House Bannister.

If you cannot make it to the dinner, please let me know ASAP so I can give your seat(s) to someone else.

We will be having a pre-dinner mixer -- 5-5:30pm. Everyone on both lists are welcome.

First, massive ups to Xray for list organization and management and all the other shit that makes being a Baroness so damn Baroness-y.

Props to Arlingzen Bill, Mr. X, MercChef, and all the other contributors to the project, too.

I am assuming that, all talk about pigs' heads in stairwells aside, those in House Bannister will want to eat something, if only to provide a solid base for later absorption of alcohol. A group that size -- I count nineteen on XRay's list -- will face some challenges in getting table space in a timely manner, especially on a weekend night, without some advance planning.

Looking at the hotel web site, I note that the hotel restaurant -- which, while not the most stunning food in the universe, does have the shining advantage of convenience -- "...features a superb private dining room, ideal for gatherings of up to 20 persons, formal or casual."

So, let me toss out the following questions for the Bannisters:

1) Is a group dinner on Friday of interest?

2) If so, where? If the notion of the private room in the hotel restaurant doesn't appeal, there are other options within reasonable walking distance. Most are chains (Chipotle, Panera, etc.), but there is a Dogfish Head Alehouse 1/2 mile away, a lot of Indian food, and a branch of local classic The Silver Diner.

Bill, is this the space in which you're doing the pig dinner? If not, what are the mechanics for booking this room for Friday night should we want it?

Dogfish Head Ale House is an excellent choice.

ETA: I'm officially deputizing DaveAx regarding the Friday House Bannister dinner.

I will not be able to join -- I'll need to stick around the hotel (and probably just forage for dinner) to make sure everything goes smoothly there.

Dogfish Head is a fine choice indeed. The one concern I have w/going offsite, even a place that close, is that there is a GRRM event at 8 PM, and I'd hate to see any dinner complications at an offsite location keep people from making that on time.

Arlingzen Bill is checking with the hotel as to the availability of the dining room. We should know one way or t'other by early next week. At that point, we can pick up the discussion.

Archived