Bad pop-ups

Gun Street Girl

Here's what is written in my address bar, not sure if this will help with identifying the situation.

http://69.162.91.230/us3/160-lp.php

ETA: sorry it came as a link, I only used copy and paste, not the link function. I WOULD NOT click on the irritating little thing. Just thought the info might help.

Here's what is written in my address bar, not sure if this will help with identifying the situation.

http://69.162.91.230/us3/160-lp.php

ETA: sorry it came as a link, I only used copy and paste, not the link function. I WOULD NOT click on the irritating little thing. Just thought the info might help.

Yes, this is exactly what I am getting too. I think the problem is on the server side. I wonder if somebody smart can track down who owns the above ip adress and find out the clowns responsible for this annoying crap.

Yes, this exactly what I am getting too. I think the problem is on the server side.

I've just tried shutting down, and returning. I shutdown in case something strange was trying to load in the background, LOL and Ahhhhhh

I'm on Chrome, but I may try IE if it happens again, just to see. It is only coming up on this site, not on my regular internet homepage, etc. Fingers crossed, it may have gone away, either way, I'm out for the night pretty soon.

I'll report back tomorrow if this is still an issue.

I've just tried shutting down, and returning. I shutdown in case something strange was trying to load in the background, LOL and Ahhhhhh

I'm on Chrome, but I may try IE if it happens again, just to see. It is only coming up on this site, not on my regular internet homepage, etc. Fingers crossed, it may have gone away, either way, I'm out for the night pretty soon.

I'll report back tomorrow if this is still an issue.

I believe that the problem is on the server side, not on the client side. I simply blocked the ip address from my computer and it seemed to fix it.

I am also getting that redirect - to the point that I am having trouble using the board. I had to switch to a mobile device to get this posted. I haven't started to troubleshoot yet. It seems to only be on this site.

I get it with both Chrome and Firefox

Oh snapsies! I keep getting this too and its a bit scary... think I shall revert to communicating via. pigeons from now on.

Mine is redirecting to http://69.162.111.227/uk/index.php

I was getting redirected there too. On both Firefox and Chrome. On Chrome, something actually started downloading wothout my clicking anything. Luckily my Avast! stopped it

http://www.flash.com.fouis.com/FPlayer/UK/auload.html?installer=Flash_Player_13_for_Other_Browsers&browser_type=KHTML&dualoffer=false

Getting this page opened up automatically each time I open up the forum (on various sections/topics).

Seems to try and download some sort media player software from Adobe but i highly doubt it is legit.

Luckily my AV software catches it and kills it before it can do anything!

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting redirected automatically to some page about the markets......financial markets today, the past half hour, if that. Something marketplace, something something, just jumps off of here to a page of theirs.

I'll try and catch the name of it......if it happens again. I suspect it will.

I keep getting redirected automatically to some page about the markets......financial markets today, the past half hour, if that. Something marketplace, something something, just jumps off of here to a page of theirs.

I'll try and catch the name of it......if it happens again. I suspect it will.

Print screen if you can? That is what Ran usually needs

Print screen if you can? That is what Ran usually needs

LOL Now it's not coming up. Maybe all it took was me bitching about it. I was trying to at least get the addy or something, as my own memory cells are stressing. The weird thing is, I can see the tabs that I have open, recycling, as if it's trying to take over my page again, but it hasn't happened again.

If it does, I'll try and at least get the company name straight, or at least the addy. I'm a techno idiot, I readily admit that. :thumbsup:

Are you also using Chrome or Firefox?

I'm on Chrome, but it hasn't happened again. It had happened quite a few times, made me worry it would be like the above incidents with the Adobe pop up mentioned. But, I'm about out of here for a bit, and it hasn't happened again, sometimes.........one just needs to bitch, and something will miraculously be cured, LOL

Just got redirected to this page:

http://down.dpycart.com/us/down.php?sid=132&dv1=ad126-us&kw1=ad126-us&uuid=fd0e9fca-5e09-40d1-560e-158683ddd29c

it downloaded a "java installer" exe that wasn't identified as a virus by Avast, which is even scarier because I really doubt these people are trying to help me update my Java.

Archived