Corn Code 101 code breaking for begginers.

Ser Creighton

Corn code 101 the code basics.

After several requests I am posting a basic reference guide for the Corn Code. For people familiar with the code this is just a basic reference guide for those not familiar with the Code this is a good first step to easing yourself into the code. Don’t worry about the name or word corn it’s a simple reminder to myself of how this got started and I like the name. What the corn code is series of what I believe to be cryptographic puzzle codes imbedded in Martins ASOIF series. Sound crazy? Yep it sure does, but the codes keep proving themselves, so I will let it stand on that. At the very least a lot of people have been having fun with them and if you’re up for it, give it a shot.

The code puzzles can be far more complex than what I am going to show you but again this is just a first step, a link to the Corn code can be found right here http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96129-corn-code-revision-8-the-game-of-thrones-exposed/ but I warn you it is very long and complex. It also contains a large amount of examples both in the Op and in the reply section. We are always discovering new nuances to the code and it is always being revised in do order.

What does unlocking the puzzles do? They unlock big clues and hints about almost anything and everything.

Are the codes real? Well that’s what I am hoping to prove and I stand by the results that I have gotten so far. So without wasting any more of your time here is the beginners key to the code.

The code.

What I believe is the base for Martins code is simply repetitive linear abab pattern.

“AAA” “aaa” “AAa” “Aaa”

In practice the basic codes look like this. They are basic 3 patterns

“Corn. Corn. Corn.” “snow. snow. snow.” “Bugger. Bugger. bugger.” “No. no. no.”

What do they mean?

“Jon. Jon. Jon.” Death

“no, no, no” lesser death

“Bird. Bird, bird.” Danger

“Dog, dog, dog.” Whisper of danger, or hint of danger if you will.

Below is the basic key to reading them.

The code is verbal text. It is spoken by a person or animal.

(“) The code begins and ends with quotation marks. Dog. Dog. Dog. That is a code pattern.

Jon saw a dog, dog, dog near his house. That is not a code.

“Jon saw a dog, dog, dog, near his house.” That is not a code

First word.

The first word in the code sets the pattern. The code can contain, a single word, repeated, 2 words repeated or a phrase. But it is the first word that sets the pattern and the other 2 spaces must copy it.

“Lady. Lady. Lady.” This is a code

“Lady Tully. Lady Tully. Lady Tully.” This is a code.

“Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you.” This is a code.

“Jon Snow. Jon Snow. Snow Jon.” This is a broken code.

Punctuation.

Punctuation defines the importance of the code.

(,) The comma. Lesser importance, weather it is a death, event or object.

(.) The period. Moderate importance.

(!) The exclamation mark! Important. Important moments and characters get these.

(?) The question mark. Is just that, it questions.

(Italics) Not everything is what it seems with the code. Be smart look around, get clever.

Upper vs. lower case.

This is also used to define importance and set the other patterns.

“Mormont. Mormont. Mormont.” A death code for a mid-level character.

“Jon Snow! Jon Snow! Jon Snow!” A death code for Jon, an important character.

(ALL CAPS) BIG AS IN THE SUBJECT IS A BIG PERSON PLACE OR THING. PHYSICALLY BIG.

Discriptive text break aka codes about the future.

Sometimes you see what looks like a code but it has a descriptive text break between the words this is still a code. The break signifies the future, the descriptive text break is never spoken. There are two types and they look like this. The descriptive text break is only one line. Not two sentences or 3. Just one line and again it is not spoken by anyone. The difference between the two is just one is a little more important than the other. If you see codes like these it is about the future, not the present.

“Corn.” The raven cried. “Corn. Corn.”

“Corn.” The raven cried. “Corn. Corn. Corn.”

The scene.

The code is placed within a scene. If you can read the code it will leads you to clues about the subject which is a person, place, thing or event.

Corn. Corn. Corn.” A mid-level death code, in the moment, which means before the chapter ends. If Jon and Stannis are in a room and they get a letter. The code is not for them they are too important, so look at the letter, oh Bowen Marsh just walked in, with a letter. Goodbye Bowen.

That’s the basics, I answer all questions, and can usually be found on the original Corn code. Got a question give me a buzz. Later I will post a thread on the more advanced stuff, broken codes and how to spot them, trick codes, false codes, near death codes, and the advanced codes.

Thanks for the explanation I was having a hard time getting it on the other thread.

Corn code 101 sounds like a university course code :P

Well I like to keep things fun, even with codes. And yeah it is hard to understand, but I always tell people once you get it, you get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion looked pointedly at his right hand. “Why, I have steel in my hand, Ser Alliser, although

it appears to be a crab fork. Shall we duel?” He hopped up on his chair and began poking at

Thorne’s chest with the tiny fork. Roars of laughter filled the tower room. Bits of crab flew from

the Lord Commander’s mouth as he began to gasp and choke. Even his raven joined in, cawing

loudly from above the window. “Duel! Duel! Duel!”

Hm.. :idea: An important event, happening in the present, but not necessarily a duel.

“Oh, I think that Lord Tyrion is quite a large man,” Maester Aemon said from the far end of the

table. He spoke softly, yet the high officers of the Night’s Watch all fell quiet, the better to hear

what the ancient had to say. “I think he is a giant come among us, here at the end of the world.”

Tyrion answered gently, “I’ve been called many things, my lord, but giant is seldom one of

them.”

“Nonetheless,” Maester Aemon said as his clouded, milk-white eyes moved to Tyrion’s face, “I

think it is true.”

For once, Tyrion Lannister found himself at a loss for words. He could only bow his head

politely and say, “You are too kind, Maester Aemon.”

The blind man smiled. He was a tiny thing, wrinkled and hairless, shrunken beneath the weight

of a hundred years so his maester’s collar with its links of many metals hung loose about his

throat. “I have been called many things, my lord,” he said, “but kind is seldom one of them.”

This time Tyrion himself led the laughter.

Giant meets a dragon.

Aemon is able to see spiritual reality despite being blind(!) and Tyrion is revealed as an incredibly important person in the story. Tyrion being a giant comes up again and again and again as well so it is right that we are told to pay attention.

Do I get extra credit or is this rubbish?

Archived