S+B=M: Mel - The Red Star Bleeding / Melony Seastar (part 2 has been added on pg.9)

yolkboy

Wow the secret Targaryen theories are getting so much better of late. First with the Reeds and now this.

Excellent work yolkboy

One thought just came to me. What if sacrificing King's blood means blood of the king that you're trying to make? I mean to make a Targaryen king, sacrifice Targaryen blood. To make a Baratheon king, Baratheon blood. If this theory is true Mel's Targaryen blood is largely less diluted than say, Shireen. This would bump her up to the top of the list of sacrificial lambs.

Well if this is true, Mel wouldnt really be a Secret Targ. Only with some Targ blood. She would still be Melisandre No Last Name Given. Especially since Sheira and Bloodraven were both bastards.

Legitimised bastards. But I was aware of what you are talking about even as I was typing that post. It's just more convenient to call them secret Targs than people who secretly have Targ blood.

Pretty well structured theory :bowdown: It's consistent both with textual hints and SSM's extras. It's definitely consistent with Martin's writing style: irony of fate, bounds to the past, ananke/necessity and all.

There's no way for sure to know if a strong dose of King's blood does have any power, but it's possible. There could be, for example, latent magic in 'blood of the dragon'. Perhaps, Mel bleeding could become part of an accidental blood magic ritual - or will in some other way be involved in the process of Azor Ahai's rebirth. It might even give a new meaning to the Targ words 'fire and blood' if there's a pyre involved and AA is a Targ.

And it would be the second time throughout the saga we bump into magic '(re)birthing' rituals whose catalysts are Targaryen female blood and fire...

It would be so deliciously ironic if Mel needed to burn in order to further R'hllor's cause. Maybe we'll get to find out just how devout she really is. :devil:

I was wondering if you can account for Mel's use of the plural "stars" in ACoK, Davos I:

This reminded me of the time she used plural "stone dragons". I'm trying to do a search but having a brain fart on how the exact terms were used in each. I wonder if the purals were said at the same time and if it's meaningful.

This may even be NEW !?!?!?!?!?!?

Shocking, erotic, resonant,

I hope so on all fronts. And yes, I used colours in the OP for maximum erotic ;)

PS I googled 'Melony Seastar' before I posted with no results, so new if nothing else.

isnt melisandre from asshai?

As Dr Pepper said, she was somewhere before Asshai.

I interpret that she was sold off to The Red Temple in Volantis as the Melony we saw in the vision.

She was weeping, and her tears were flame. And still she drank it in.

I could be wrong about this, but i think it's a hint that Melony was a prostitute slave and a red priestess slave (slave of r'hllor I think they're called). In Volantis, the tattoo given given to prostitutes are tears, S.O.R. have flames.

I need to answer Alia of the knife but I just have to re-read on something first. :read:

Did Mel glamour her 100 year old poontan to still be able to make (shadow) babies? :drool:

Stannis how could you go there yuk! :rofl:

Well glamors are a trick of light, Mel says “The spell is made of shadow and suggestion. Men see what they expect to see". This means the actual 'nature' of something doesnt change with a glamour, just the appearance. I would mention irt her 'poontan' making shadowbabies - it must have side effects - that's probably why she experiences smoking black blood dripping down her thigh from time to time. Not healthy to be a shadow mom. :ack:

This reminded me of the time she used plural "stone dragons". I'm trying to do a search but having a brain fart on how the exact terms were used in each. I wonder if the purals were said at the same time and if it's meaningful.

ACoK, chapter 10:

“In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.”

ASoS, chapter 25

It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

Awesome work, great analysis. :bowdown:

Now, the question is, she see's BR in her flames, but doesn't know him as her father, BUT, would BR know who she is? (Sorry if you've already addressed this).

Thanks Alia.

I think Bloodraven knows, personally. Here's my reasons.

1. The two times Mel is mentioned around Mormont's Bloodraven, he says 'blood'. The second time is for no apparent reason whatsoever.

2. Bloodraven talks of lost love ones in this quote. He was clearly keeping an eye on Shiera it seems, so if she had his daughter, I can't see him not knowing. A thousand eyes and one. There's a little ambiguity about what point in time he is watching Shiera, so it's down to interpretation I guess.

"He heard a whisper on the wind, a rustling amongst the leaves. You cannot speak to him, try as you might. I know. I have my own ghosts, Bran. A brother that I loved [Daeron], a brother that I hated [bittersteel], a woman I desired [shiera]. Through the trees, I see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them. The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it.

3. From a storytelling perspective, how else is the reader going to know their relationship? How would the information 'come out'? If Bloodraven knows, he might, for example, mention it to Bran. If he doesn't know, I really don't see how this would be presented to us.

I really like this, and the ramifacations of it if true are fascinating. Not much to add right now but hopefully I will have more later.

Well done yolk boy and co!

Cheers E-Ro, i should mention that the small questions crewe probably saved me from a heart attack getting this together.

Do chime in with any input about the ramifications of this idea.

Regarding AA, if I'm correct we now have King's blood, the Red Star Bleeding, and the dragon from the prophesies all in the same place. All we need is an explanation for the 'stone' and two Kings dying in sequence. I have ideas for both, but need to reseach a 'lil better before presenting them.

Wow, great theory! But I'm not sure it's true, I always assumed Mel's mother was a slave.

If Shiera was captured by slavers with Melony or while she was pregnant, I expect she most probably became a slave herself. It's not an issue IMO. Tyrion went East and he became a slave.

Archived