S+B=M: Mel - The Red Star Bleeding / Melony Seastar (part 2 has been added on pg.9)

yolkboy

Theory was always a massive stretch up there with some of the worst, we have a backstory for Mel, lot seven, red priest child slave, that all the texts could fail to mention an experience that could place Shiera in these circumstances should have meant the theory never got off the ground.

Heart shaped faces are indicative of classical beauty, like your Disney sorceresses. Shiera and Mel are both sorceresses, that's it. Like Rhaegar and Mance are both supposed to be enigmatic, and thus were made musicians, an indicative trait.

Could Mel be the *grandmother* of the seastars? Or a Valerian descendant?  

I think there are too many coincidences for the relationship to not be there. The theory still holds water, so pot is not cracked.....but the original idea of her being the *daughter* may be flawed.  I'm currently at work and on my phone, so I can't do much research, but just a thought I was excited to express.

Edit: if not a secret Targ.....a secret Valyrian. Mel may be able to provide us with the explanation of The Doom. 

Edit 2: Valyrians depended heavily on slaves, so she may have been there, 400 years ago, and that's where the Lot 7 memory comes from. Did Mel possibly have a role in the Doom?

i´m still a believer:

(Shiera)"She was the greatest beauty of her age, a slender and elegant woman, slim of waist and full of breast... She had a heart-shaped face, full lips, and her mismatched eyes were strangely large and full of mischief; her rivals said she used them to melt men's hearts."

(Mel) "Slender she was, graceful, taller than most knights, with full breasts and narrow waist and a heart-shaped face. Men’s eyes that once found her did not quickly look away, not even a maester’s eyes. Many called her beautiful."

1 hour ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

i´m still a believer:

(Shiera)"She was the greatest beauty of her age, a slender and elegant woman, slim of waist and full of breast... She had a heart-shaped face, full lips, and her mismatched eyes were strangely large and full of mischief; her rivals said she used them to melt men's hearts."

(Mel) "Slender she was, graceful, taller than most knights, with full breasts and narrow waist and a heart-shaped face. Men’s eyes that once found her did not quickly look away, not even a maester’s eyes. Many called her beautiful."

How are you squaring your belief with the 400 years/several centuries "SSMs"?

This theory was debunked long before the last episode (i.e., Melony,” she heard a woman cry. A man's voice called, “Lot Seven.” She was weeping, and her tears were flame.)

In case nobody got the hints, she was a sex slave from Volantis.

1 minute ago, Faint said:

This theory was debunked long before the last episode (i.e., Melony,” she heard a woman cry. A man's voice called, “Lot Seven.” She was weeping, and her tears were flame.)

In case nobody got the hints, she was a sex slave from Volantis.

Did you read the OP? The OP suggested that she was captured, possibly with a sister, and sold into slavery. 

• 7 months later...

Hello, my first post

It is really good theory and I like it very much.

It is being discarded as false now as a consequence of some “information” “disclosed” by people involved it making TV series.

All the TV related comments changed my opinion as well and I started to think, that S+B=M is incorrect until I realised very simple fact - in TV show Mirri Maz Duur wasn’t responsible for Drogo’s death.

Unlike many other changes done by TV show this modification didn’t make sense at all, because it decreased quality of Dany’s plot without any gain (For me it was most enjoyable twist in first book).

It made me think, that people involved in the show didn’t grasp all the details right, so I would take their comments with grain of salt.

Archived