S+B=M: Mel - The Red Star Bleeding / Melony Seastar (part 2 has been added on pg.9)

yolkboy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG that theory is so fkn great. I love it!

Mels Mysterys allways attracted me, next to the very hot woman playing here in GoT.

I havent read all pages in the thread, so may be thats nothing new, but...

It now makes totally sense, why they do the burning of Ygritte at the Weirwoods close to the Wall.

It gives the Shworunners a reason to let Jon beeing burried/cremented there too. And I can totaly see Tormund before my inner Eye, saying he should be burried with his girl and his gods.

The Raven is there yelling Blood and Mel is there to lit the fire and of course she tries to bring him to life again. I will laugh out loud when it comes close to that in the show ^^

And i have to say a real fkn MASTERPIECE by the OP. You realy did your homework wel.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. First post here, so excuse me if i'm being dumb.

My little iece of crackpot.

Regarding the prophecy we have the red star bleeding and AAR. But what about lightbringer?

We are saying that everything is personified, couldnt lightbringer be too?

When we see Melisandre talking to Jon Snow about magic and all he thinks something among the lines of: Magic is a sword without a handle.

If magic can be a sword couldnt a sword be magic too?

It is said that when AAR "grasp" the sword it would burn. I think this wordplay would be a clue. I wonder if this could be that when JS get hold of his magic he would burn Mel, she being The Lightbringer.

And putting a lot more crack in this pot. JS says they will never run out of salt and all that, and the wall is a huge piece of stone. Could the wall be the stone dragon? In the sense that AAR being JS would trigger the process of wakening of the wall's magic powers and a wall so big just looks like a body of a dragon from far above.

Or maybe a sword is just a sword, and a dragon is just a dragon.

Sorry about the lack of quotes, but im mobile and dont know how to do any of that. If someone could be so kind to find them i would appreciate. Sorry about the english too, im still learning.

Shiera wore an exquisite necklace with Sapphires and emeralds on it. This thread proved that every mention of sapphires meant that there was a secret going on - 26/26 times in the books. The most appropriate example is in AGOT, speaking to Ned, Tobho Mott was wearing a large sapphire necklace, and the secret here was Gendry's birthing. So perhaps there's a similar secret involving Shiera represented by a sapphire necklace. Shiera's sapphires, according to GRRM, happen to be STAR sapphires.

There is an exception - maybe. Mance mentions sapphires while talking about how he was never a king and never sat on a throne. Unless you believe the Mance Rhaegar theory, this was not a deception or secret.

• 2 months later...

Yolkboy, great post and analysis, wonderful theory and great read. Thank you

I am not sure if it has been covered already however I would like to take this theory one step further and say that Mel will use her blood or even sacrifice herself, as Nisa Nisa did in helping original hero, to revive Jon in the Weirwood grove. By doing that the RED STAR will bleed, Azor Ahai will be re-born and believing R+L=J dragon will wake up (Jon Snow)

I first heard this theory on the Radio Westeros podcast and was immediately sold. Great theory - I'm a believer! - and great podcast too. Thanks so much! Very lucky to have had this thread pop up again, as it gave me the chance to say this to the author/creators. One thing is "the parents thing", but the analysis of Mel's magic was an eye-opener, I've never gotten the depth of Mel's capabilities. Her shadow baby was impressive, but everything else has always seemed so un-impressive, somehow. Only shows what I've been blind to :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"Lady Sybell's grandmother was some woman he'd brought
back from the east. A frightening old crone, supposed to be a priestess. Maegi, they called her". thats a quote from tywin in a SOS. Could Mel be jeynes grandmother? They both have heart shaped faces. Her grandmother was known as a priestess from the east (asshai perhaps?

Archived