S+B=M: Mel - The Red Star Bleeding / Melony Seastar (part 2 has been added on pg.9)

yolkboy

"Lady Sybell's grandmother was some woman he'd brought
back from the east. A frightening old crone, supposed to be a priestess. Maegi, they called her". thats a quote from tywin in a SOS. Could Mel be jeynes grandmother? They both have heart shaped faces. Her grandmother was known as a priestess from the east (asshai perhaps?

Another secret Targaryen! 

OMG that theory is so fkn great. I love it!

Mels Mysterys allways attracted me, next to the very hot woman playing here in GoT.

I havent read all pages in the thread, so may be thats nothing new, but...

It now makes totally sense, why they do the burning of Ygritte at the Weirwoods close to the Wall.

It gives the Shworunners a reason to let Jon beeing burried/cremented there too. And I can totaly see Tormund before my inner Eye, saying he should be burried with his girl and his gods.

The Raven is there yelling Blood and Mel is there to lit the fire and of course she tries to bring him to life again. I will laugh out loud when it comes close to that in the show ^^

And i have to say a real fkn MASTERPIECE by the OP. You realy did your homework wel.

Youtube "Radio Westeros" the very first video they do is on this subject. (OP is one of the speakers) Great listen and goes a little more in depth as wel

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, John Courage said:

She can't be the child of B+S because she is too old. She is apparently, "several" centuries old. Bloodraven is only 125...there is no way, the math doesn't add up any way you slice it.

D&D said she is several centuries old, but did they really mean it? Or was that just an exaggeration.

I have to admit even though I generally dislike secret Targaryen relations and hope Jon Snow is not R + L =J, I actually do like this theory about Melisandre's parentage. It would make it very interesting if and when Melisandre and Blood raven had a confrontation. Mel bascially sees Blood raven's influence as coming from the great other at the moment.

If Mel has Bloodraven's blood, she's part Targaryen.  "Another One." - DJ Khaled

If that's the case I think Mel will kill herself knowing how powerful King's Blood is.. Also to fulfill the red star bleeding prophecy.  Two birds, one stone.  

On 2016/04/26 at 5:36 AM, Falcon2908 said:

D&D said she is several centuries old, but did they really mean it? Or was that just an exaggeration.

I'm sure Benioff meant it as he mentions that Mel being much older than she appears goes back to a very early conversation they had with Martin about her and she is supposed to be several centuries old. Added to that, in an interview back in 2012, Van Houten stated that Mel is "way over 100 years old" and in 2013 the actor who played Cressen mentions that he asked Van Houten why her character didn't die after ingesting poison and and she told him that Mel is 400 years old. I think that Benioff's statement about Mel's age going back to a conversation they had with Martin is quite telling and would appear to debunk this theory.

18 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Hide contents

I'm sure Benioff meant it as he mentions that Mel being much older than she appears goes back to a very early conversation they had with Martin about her and she is supposed to be several centuries old. Added to that, in an interview back in 2012, Van Houten stated that Mel is "way over 100 years old" and in 2013 the actor who played Cressen mentions that he asked Van Houten why her character didn't die after ingesting poison and and she told him that Mel is 400 years old. I think that Benioff's statement about Mel's age going back to a conversation they had with Martin is quite telling and would appear to debunk this theory.

But... it's just so hard to let go. I wish the "SSM" were a little more solid. It would be easier to lay this one to rest. 

1 minute ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

But... it's just so hard to let go. I wish the "SSM" were a little more solid. It would be easier to lay this one to rest. 

I'm a little disappointed too. Always had a soft spot for this theory but that comment from Benioff especially has put a major dent in the theory, imo at least. Of course the hardcore believers will find a way to brush it off. Remember the Mance is Rhaeger crowd from a year or two back? Even an SSM saying "Rhaegar was cremated" was not enough to deter them.

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Hide contents

What does SSM mean?

Idc if D&D said Melisandre was 800 years old, they are full of shit -  and for good reason.  Why would they want to confirm her age to theorist who are on to something?  

Clearly I jumped the gun going so far as to confirm this theory as true but just because they said, or because Carice said she is 400 years old doesn't disprove she is their daughter.  

Jury is still out.  

1 hour ago, The Answer said:

What does SSM mean?

So Spake Martin - a collection of interviews that he has given.

Idc if D&D said Melisandre was 800 years old, they are full of shit -  and for good reason.  Why would they want to confirm her age to theorist who are on to something?  

Clearly I jumped the gun going so far as to confirm this theory as true but just because they said, or because Carice said she is 400 years old doesn't disprove she is their daughter.  

Jury is still out.  

You're entitled to your opinion but clearly D&D know much more about future events in the series than anyone on this board. I see no reason for Benioff to lie in this case, especially since he says that the "several centuries old" bit originates from early discussions with Martin. The theory might not be 100% debunked but Benioff's (and others) statements concerning Mel's age has put a major dent in this theory as far as I'm concerned.

15 hours ago, Les Météores D said:

Although that theory has always been compelling, it's way more fascinating that she was probably alive during the doom, it would explain a lot about her fanaticism and her obsession with AA.

Exactly. The "400" number given by Melisandre is not random. Why not 500? Why not 300?. 400 is the time of the Doom. Can't be a coincidence.

I think we can put this theory to bed now. I know it is popular. And as much as I am loath to give D&D any credence. I'd say that there is zero reason to lie about GRRM having given that information, nor for Carice to be told a lie about her character. 

Archived