Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

If you haven't already, I highly reccommend reading TheOrlandoJones' Twitter. His "XHollow" tags are making me laugh. (e.g. BloodyHollow, HawleyHollow, MelaninHollow)

ETA: I think part of what annoys me about Katrina is the character's styling. I get that she's a witch, so was probably constricted by mores, and surprisingly modern / out-of-time, and all the rest, but I still think that 1) she'd mostly have her hair up -- out of the way, if nothing else, and 2) she would still think of a corset as underwear, and probably wouldn't go around in it uncovered.

I liked Irving's acting when he was threatening Abraham. Have the impression that Orlando Jones will really enjoy being a villainous soulless monster if he rises again from the dead.

As I suppose he has to, since Team Ichabod is running rather short of opponents with Bram just not being that into the whole Moloch thing, and Henry having stabbed Moloch in the front.

Moloch was quite a good villain in Season 1 when he was a barely present evil power, almost like Sauron. But in Season 2, he's been a real Evil Overlord, clearly working his way through the List. I wonder if the Sleepy Hollow writers are planning to replace him or sideline him in some way?

ETA: I think part of what annoys me about Katrina is the character's styling. I get that she's a witch, so was probably constricted by mores, and surprisingly modern / out-of-time, and all the rest, but I still think that 1) she'd mostly have her hair up -- out of the way, if nothing else, and 2) she would still think of a corset as underwear, and probably wouldn't go around in it uncovered.

Yep. There are moments when I find myself liking her/her writing, such as her "Let's just be soldiers" line. And I never actually dislike her. She just seems underwritten. Part of the problem is that she isn't given any kind of sense of humour, and she isn't given the fish out of water comedy moments that Crane gets.

I wish they'd killed off Katrina instead of Irving. Katrina bores me except when she's interacting with Abraham or Henry, and only barely.

I was very surprised that they've killed off Moloch; isn't he supposed to be the main villain of the series? Or did they just kill his physical body, not the demon himself?

I don't believe for a minute that Henry killed Moloch to protect either or both of his true parents; he was angry at Moloch's orders that he die for him. Possibly Henry wants to lead the Apocalypse himself.

The only way, I think, for Henry to be redeemed is if he is killed and he magically reverts to an infant or something, who could then be (hopefully) better raised and his powers kept under control until he is taught the proper use of them.

I never thought I'd like this show... But when they invent "magic rules" that make no sense... ie: Two people to retrieve the sword which cant be used by anyone whose soul hasn't already been claimed.... they disappoint me.... I know that I shouldn't expect much from a CW show.... but still

Archived