Jon accepting his Targaryen background.

Jon's Queen Consort

Guys hold on here. What if, what if... Jon dies, comes back as an Other and it is revealed that the Others are actually supposed to be servants of the old gods who go around punishing their enemies. So Jon raises a White army and goes south to kill all the Heretics.

He kills the Boltons and the Freys for breaking guest rights. He kills Stannis for burning the Weirwoods and then he goes even further south to punish even more people who aren't on the Old god's good side. When the Others have killed all the sinners they eventually retreat back into the lands of always winter until their services are called on again.

Basically what I'm saying here is that the Others are a God caused apocalypse to destroy all those who sinned against them. I don't have any evidence. I just like the idea.

Guys hold on here. What if, what if... Jon dies, comes back as an Other and it is revealed that the Others are actually supposed to be servants of the old gods who go around punishing their enemies. So Jon raises a White army and goes south to kill all the Heretics.

He kills the Boltons and the Freys for breaking guest rights. He kills Stannis for burning the Weirwoods and then he goes even further south to punish even more people who aren't on the Old god's good side. When the Others have killed all the sinners they eventually retreat back into the lands of always winter until their services are called on again.

Basically what I'm saying here is that the Others are a God caused apocalypse to destroy all those who sinned against them. I don't have any evidence. I just like the idea.

this theory kind of makes the whole R+L=J useless, no?

his honourable nature doesnt just let him be in the position of deserting the wall and fight for the throne. Though, it can also be looked at as his right too, so getting what belongs to him is also sign of bravery and honour ( i believe maybe Master Aemon will give him the push)

this theory kind of makes the whole R+L=J useless, no?

Yes and no.

If R + L = J is true and my theory is true as well then maybe unJon is owed an ice dragon.

If my theory isn't true and R + L = J is, then it hardly makes a difference. I can't see Jon trying to take the iron throne. I can see him as King in the north and I can see him marching to Kingslanding and killing all the Boltons, Freys, and Lannisters in the process but I can't see him staying there and ruling Westeros.

If my theory is true and R + L = J isn't then it still doesn't make much of a difference.

I see him accepting the crown if he ends up with no choice, not because he wants to

Completly agree.I believe that one scenario could be Jon becoming a king by popular choice, not because his ambition. Something like an early form of democracy.

IMHO, one of the morals of the series could be that power has to be a burden, not something that must be pursued.

I like it too. Would explain Dany's vision of fighting dead things on the Trident and would also maybe be dance of dragons 2.0 (Dany and Aegon vs Jon). I woud be rooting for Jon all the way.

George subverts fantasy tropes. So a few of the critics have pointed out, But is his tale actually ABOUT subverting fantasy tropes? Is that all it does? I hope not. That's just a new kind of predictable.

What I really hope and expect is that this is just a cool story George dreamed up. Yeah, it has some new takes on fantasy tropes ... But it's also other things as well.

I don't know. Dany seems to be locking that role up as of late.

Absolutely. But there has been some groundwork laid for that twist; i.e., Jon as the bad guy. I don't think it's the most likely outcome or anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's how it played out.

I think right now it is impossible how GRRM will finish writing out his character due to the fact after his assignation how much is he going to change. There could be a pretty good metamorphous in his character that for me is too much of gray are to actually know what or how he will react to his true lineage.

I agree with the points that he thinks he is a Stark and will want to live that way but at the same there are moments where he has always strived to be greater. Telling Robb he was Lord of Winterfell and Robb shaming him saying that he could never be. Jon always seemed hurt by that.

A lot would have to happen for Jon to seek the Iron Throne... he'd have to become convinced that he has no choice, that noboby else would be up to the task (probably in relation to the Others' invasion). Perhaps in alliance with Daenerys and Aegon... after all, the Dragon has three heads.

But as I said, lots would have to happen... this is after all the man who refused Stannis' deal of Val and Winterfell even when he was almost certain all his (half-brothers/cousins) were dead. It takes a very special sort of man to say no to that.

A lot would have to happen for Jon to seek the Iron Throne... he'd have to become convinced that he has no choice, that noboby else would be up to the task (probably in relation to the Others' invasion). Perhaps in alliance with Daenerys and Aegon... after all, the Dragon has three heads.

But as I said, lots would have to happen... this is after all the man who refused Stannis' deal of Val and Winterfell even when he was almost certain all his (half-brothers/cousins) were dead. It takes a very special sort of man to say no to that.

You have to remember that the offer is coming from Stannis and if he agreed then he'd have to burn down the heart tree. When it comes to something like this it really does matter whose offering it. If its a birth right then its kind of logical you would take it if you had the chance. If Robb was offering him Winterfell he probably wouldn't hesitate but its not Robb or Eddard. Its Stannis making the offer so Jon probably feels that its not his to offer in the first place thus accepting it would be oath breaking and cheap.

Although you are right I don't think Jon would try for the Iron throne even if it is his birth right. He'd need a more important reason to start a campaign for the throne.

I don't think "wanting" comes into it. He is one, whether he wants to be or not.

Doesn't mean he needs to go around telling people. I honestly don't see why Jon shouldn't keep his mouth shut; there's already two Targs and a dozen contenders for the IT

Archived