Which Tyrell Will Die ?

redtree

The question is if Tommen dies before Marg (assuming he will eventually, as Cersei will outlive all her children). Then the Tyrells will either meet their downfall or side with fAegon, if Dany takes another century to reach Westeros.

For some reason, I see QoT outliving Garlan, Mace, Marg, and Loras. Never payed too much attention on Willas.

The question is if Tommen dies before Marg (assuming he will eventually, as Cersei will outlive all her children). Then the Tyrells will either meet their downfall or side with fAegon, if Dany takes another century to reach Westeros.

For some reason, I see QoT outliving Garlan, Mace, Marg, and Loras. Never payed too much attention on Willas.

:agree: i can see them trying to convince fAegon that Marg is still a maid lol

1. Marg (is fucked, except not like that): It's flee or die now, there is no middle ground.

2. Mace (needs to jump of the lion RIGHT NOW): See above + Curse of the Hand and shit.

3. Garlan (too good to live): Will die heroically in some battle.

4. Willas (the heir, or not, according to HBO): Could die of the greyscale pandemic for maximum annoyance.

5. Olenna (the nasty old biddy): Someone asked who would kill her. Well, Cersei swore to herself that she "is going to see the old woman die" and Littlefinger also might want to get rid of her after all.

6. Loras absolutely the last man standing (not because he is my favorite, but because GRRM is a dick).

I have a funny feeling that all the Tyrells are going to die, they seem like the most untouched family in the series thus far, with only Loras being on deaths door, and even that is questionable. It seems like they have been reaching for a long time and their alliance with the Lannisters may be their undoing.

If he does kill off QoT, I would love for her death to just be because of old age, and I'm serious, we don't see enough of this in this series, Hoster Tully and Maester Aemen are the only two guys off the top of my head who die due to being old, or complications from it.

I'm still pretty convinced that Margery will die at the hands of Robert Strong, along with a lot of other collateral damage either at the trial or soon afterwards. I'm just sure that some bad, bad news is going to happen there (personally that's what I've got tagged for Tommen's death as well) what with the usual unreliable nature of magic...and the general bad idea feel that an indestructable zombie warrior made out of dead psychopath gives me...

I'm not too sure what I think of the various Loras theories, something tells me his part in the story is done at this point. The rest of the family are probably going to be a part of the massive TWOW bodycount. Time to thin things out a little...

Precisely because the Tyrells seem to have come so far without suffering a single significant casualty, I'm convinced GRRM is about to surprise us and kill off a whole bunch of them soon. My thoughts:

1) Margaery: Actually innocent, but Varys rigs her trial with false evidence (or he manages to pin the blame for Joffrey's death on her) to condemn her and destroy the Lannister/Tyrell alliance for good. The High Septon, convinced of her guilt and fanatic about delivering righteous judgment, goes against all political sense and executes her. In light of Margaery's death (and convinced that Cersei had a hand in it), Mace sides with (f)Aegon to destroy the Lannisters, securing (f)Aegon's throne.

2) Garlan: Gets killed by the Ironborn while trying to defend Oldtown from Euron.

3) Loras: Still alive and recovering, but stuck on Dragonstone for the moment; becomes Danaerys' first major victim in Westeros when she takes the island with dragon fire (thereby turning the Tyrells against Dany as well).

Somehow, I get the feeling Mace may live for the time being. Somehow, I feel like it fits GRRM's MO to punish Mace's endless political ambition (primarily by means of his own children) by taking them all away from him, except for Willas - the cripple that is probably the most competent of the whole bunch, but seems to be favoured the least by Mace. It's hard to say how Olenna will fare.

If he does kill off QoT, I would love for her death to just be because of old age, and I'm serious, we don't see enough of this in this series, Hoster Tully and Maester Aemen are the only two guys off the top of my head who die due to being old, or complications from it.

:agree: If THE Queen of Thorns dies, let it be from old age, at home in bed. I would also think her already established longevity might bode well for some of her family members, maybe on the female side. Perhaps lots of those cousins may just make it, not being directly in the game?

Archived