Jeyne Poole Questions

MidnightAurora

I just started reading ADWD and I have been having a few questions come to mind since AFFC regarding Jeyne Poole. We know Jeyne Poole disappeared in a AGOT and did not reappear until Jaime sent her to Winterfell to marry Ramsay Stark as "Arya Stark". My question is where was she for nearly 2 years? I thought LF had her in one of his brothels and prostituted her out, because she was easily found and the FArya had to be someone from the North, who looked similar to Arya and knew a lot of things about the Starks and Arya and some stuff could have been taught to her. Plus from what Jaime described she looked like she had been abused.

I do not have textual proof LF had her and it is just a theory and would have worked with his plans and hence he betrayed the Starks long before the gold cloak incident. It also shows that the Lannisters or at least Tywin had a long term plan regarding having claim to the North/Winterfell. Everyone knows in order to hold the North one must need Winterfell in my opinion.

Then i was thinking maybe Jeyne was in Lannisters hands and being "trained" to do a part..

Not sure just wanted to see what people though happened to Jeyne after she was taken from Sansa's room in AGOT and who had her..

My question is where was she for nearly 2 years? I thought LF had her in one of his brothels and prostituted her out, because she was easily found and the FArya had to be someone from the North, who looked similar to Arya and knew a lot of things about the Starks and Arya and some stuff could have been taught to her. Plus from what Jaime described she looked like she had been abused.
Bingo. We actually have proof Littlefinger got her before, but he refers to her as "the daughter of a steward".

Jeyne does not actually look like Arya, and she is older, even Jaime, who barely saw Arya, notices.

Also, read on, more details are given.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Are the Boltons (Roose/Ramsay) aware that Jeyne is not Arya?

{I just finished the chapter where Jeyne appears with Roose}

Probably. But as long as the real Arya remains "death", and the rest of the Starks as well, who is going to claim that she isn't the real deal?

Spoiler for the last few chapters of Dance:

One of the reasons for the Pink Letter, the letter that Ramsay supposedly wrote to Jon Snow, might have been to get Jon to do exactly what he was trying to do: come south to fight. With the escape of "Arya", Jon might get his sister back, and as the only living person who could idenfity her, and thus proclaim her as being real or not, he is a danger to the Boltons. I suspect that the letter was either a plot to get Jon to come south so he could be killed in battle, or to get the NW to revolt and imprison/kill Jon. In both cases, Jon would no longer be able to get close to "Arya" and reveal she's actually Jeyne.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived