R+L = J v 62

Stubby

hey, guys!

I'm new here and just wanted to share the idea that crossed my mind.

jon has got his hand burnt while he tried to save the old bear from the wight. that means, he can still very well be a targ, but he is not a dragon like dany, because fire cannot hurt one (see the viserys-and-his-crown-story). do you think this has any consequences for his storyline (concerning warging into dragons and stuff)?

hey, guys!

jon has got his hand burnt while he tried to save the old bear from the wight. that means, he can still very well be a targ, but he is not a dragon like dany, because fire cannot hurt one (see the viserys-and-his-crown-story). do you think this has any consequences for his storyline (concerning warging into dragons and stuff)?

Dany is not immune to fire either, what she did in the end of agot was a 1 time magical event, GRRM confirmed it. Look at this.

Oh and here is the entire interview:

http://www.westeros....SSM/Entry/1428/

Oh and please don't start a debate about wether Dany is immune to fire.

Oh and look at the reference guide in the second post of this topic.

I would also add that Dany burnt her hands in the Pit just fine. She still has nasty blister in the ADWD epilogue.

ETA:

Hmmm... not sure if this has been pointed out before:

Dany says that fire cannot kill a dragon, right? But Viserys wasn't killed by fire as such but by heat of the molten gold. Hence, fire=heat in Dany's mind, they are not separate things as some posters are trying to argue.

Dany is not immune to fire either, what she did in the end of agot was a 1 time magical event, GRRM confirmed it. Look at this.

Oh and here is the entire interview:

http://www.westeros....SSM/Entry/1428/

Oh and please don't start a debate about wether Dany is immune to fire.

Oh and look at the reference guide in the second post of this topic.

surely a lot to look at. thanks.)

hey, guys!

Welcome to the Forum :cheers:

If your saying Targs are fire proof, they're not:

How can Jon be a Targaryen if he has a burned hand?

Targaryens are not immune to fire. Aerion Brightflame died drinking wildfire. Aegon V and his son Duncan are thought to have died in a fire-related event at Summerhall. Rhaenyra was eaten by Aegon II's dragon, presumably roasted by fire before the dragon took a bite. Viserys died when he was crowned with molten gold. Dany suffered burns from the fire pit incident at the end of A Dance with Dragons. Finally, the author has stated outright that Targaryens are not immune to fire. Jon's burned hand does not mean he is ineligible to be part Targaryen. For more information about the myth of Targaryen fire immunity, see this thread.

Dear Mr. Baratheon,

I have been notified by my new employer that you have begun proceedings against him in the matter of my rejecting your employment offer in favor of his.

The fact is, he offered me a better package and a position with an organization that is a far better fit for my talents than you and yours. Targaryen Enterprises has offered me security and hope for my future development. To be honest, all The Baratheon Company was offering was a chance to pour coffee for the boss and look the other way while others of far less intelligence and ability than I were promoted ahead of me.

To be sure, there is the matter of my father's quarrel with Mr. Targaryen's father, and the fact that they have dragged both of my brothers into it as well. However, I have the highest hopes that the upcoming conflict resolution meeting to take place at the Inn at Crossing Conference Center and Spa will bring this whole misunderstanding to a satisfying conclusion.

Having stated all of the above, it is my intent with this letter to inform that I would not take a the proferred position with your company if it were the last scullery in Westeros.

Yours very sincerely,

Lyanna Stark-Targaryen

Special Assistant to the Vice President

Director of Towers Division

Dear Mrs. Stark-Targaryen,

Aww you done f****d up now! Tell that silver haired pretty boy I'll his see his b***h A** at the Trident.

Love yours truly,

Robert Baratheon

Ceo of Ours is the Fury Inc

President of Warhammer Entertainment

P.S.

Promise you won't get mad when you read this and it's probably nothing, but after a few drinks ok fine, after several drinks, the other night, I accidently sent Cersei Lannister a pic of my Stag thinking it was you, so now she's kind of stalking me.... Just thought it would better if you heard it from me first, you know how Lions like to fabricate... Oh and those tabloid rumors about the 12 women that have come forward to claim I'm the father of their child is complete bullshit, those 15 minutes of fame seeking golddiggers are just after my Baratheon fortune!

Welcome to the Forum :cheers:

If your saying Targs are fire proof, they're not:

hello-hello :cheers:

no-no, not all targs, only those who are dragons, but, since even dany has got blisters from fire in the pit, I now know it's not true

Dear Mrs. Stark-Targaryen,

Aww you done f****d up now! Tell that silver haired pretty boy I'll his see his b***h A** at the Trident.

Love yours truly,

Robert Baratheon

Ceo of Ours is the Fury Inc

President of Warhammer Entertainment

P.S.

Promise you won't get mad when you read this and it's probably nothing, but after a few drinks ok fine, after several drinks, the other night, I accidently sent Cersei Lannister a pic of my Stag thinking it was you, so now she's kind of stalking me.... Just thought it would better if you heard it from me first, you know how Lions like to fabricate... Oh and those tabloid rumors about the 12 women that have come forward to claim I'm the father of their child is complete bullshit, those 15 minutes of fame seeking golddiggers are just after my Baratheon fortune!

Bob--

Look, I know you're taking this kind of hard but you need to face the fact that I mean to spend the rest of my career with the Targaryens. So put your warhammer down and cool it, okay?

As for your "stag", wait-- did you say Cersei Lannister? OMFG, /wild laughter/ that's perfect! You two were made for each other!! Her father will be such an asset to your company, I understand he's a real shark in his field.

Don't worry about the gold-diggers, I'm sure Lannister, Lannister and Lannister will come up with a very inexpensive way to deal with them.

Good luck with it all,

L S-T

Bob--

Look, I know you're taking this kind of hard but you need to face the fact that I mean to spend the rest of my career with the Targaryens. So put your warhammer down and cool it, okay?

As for your "stag", wait-- did you say Cersei Lannister? OMFG, /wild laughter/ that's perfect! You two were made for each other!! Her father will be such an asset to your company, I understand he's a real shark in his field.

Don't worry about the gold-diggers, I'm sure Lannister, Lannister and Lannister will come up with a very inexpensive way to deal with them.

Good luck with it all,

L S-T

You guys :lmao:

Bob--

Good luck with it all,

L S-T

:lmao:

Lyanna-

It's not so much about me not being able to replace what you bring to this company as it is about the principles.

We had a deal in which you were legally bound to this company until I say otherwise and yet you intentionally violated the rules of the agreement in order to jump ship and join another company.

I also find it appalling that Mr. Targaryen chose to conduct himself in a complete and utter lack of professionalism by offering you the position of Special Assistant and Director of Towers Division, when the position was already legally held by Mrs. Elia Martell -Targaryen, you remember her right?

The Bottomline is you both chose to illegally betray your companies in order to fufill your own selfish satisfactions, and you will both pay for your deceit. Ours is the Fury inc has decided to super merge with Winter is Coming Enterprises, Arryn Publishing, Tully Fishery, and Lannister Banking.

With this super merger we bring with us an unprecedented vast amount of legal experts who's sole purpose from hear on out will be to destroy the company you now call home and our legal team seems to be more than certain that based on Mr. Targaryen's actions, we have have enough valid evidence for the courts to warrant a complete dissolution of Mr. Targaryen's company along with any valuable assets the company might hope to retain, if you know what I mean...

Ya you're fucked,

Bob

P.S.

15 years from now when I look back on this, I probably won't even remember what you look like.

Lyanna-

It's not so much about me not being able to replace what you bring to this company as it is about the principles.

We had a deal in which you were legally bound to this company until I say otherwise and yet you intentionally violated the rules of the agreement in order to jump ship and join another company.

I also find it appalling that Mr. Targaryen chose to conduct himself in a complete and utter lack of professionalism by offering you the position of Special Assistant and Director of Towers Division, when the position was already legally held by Mrs. Elia Martell -Targaryen, you remember her right?

The Bottomline is you both chose to illegally betray your companies in order to fufill your own selfish satisfactions, and you will both pay for your deceit. Ours is the Fury inc has decided to super merge with Winter is Coming Enterprises, Arryn Publishing, Tully Fishery, and Lannister Banking.

With this super merger we bring with us an unprecedented vast amount of legal experts who's sole purpose from hear on out will be to destroy the company you now call home and our legal team seems to be more than certain that based on Mr. Targaryen's actions, we have have enough valid evidence for the courts to warrant a complete dissolution of Mr. Targaryen's company along with any valuable assets the company might hope to retain, if you know what I mean...

Ya you're fucked,

Bob

P.S.

15 years from now when I look back on this, I probably won't even remember what you look like.

Hi Bob,

You know I have your best interests at heart and it truly pains me to see you dragging this thing out. Even if she were amenable to taking the job, it is evident that Lyanna Stark is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted.

You know I’m all for paying ones debts but in view of the latest r-mail you received from L.S., my advice to you is to cut your losses and consider taking the settlement offer from Targaryen, unless you can prove theft of trade secrets or some other cause of action. I think they’ll come through with a nice cash settlement, especially since my associates Clegane and Lorch have been entertaining Rhaegar’s first wife and brats at the Inn at the Crossroads Conference Center and Spa as a gesture of good will. If you’ll agree, I think we can wrap this up with Jon Connington who sent me the settlement proposal on behalf of his clients this morning.

Next steps: We should discuss a plan of action to deal with the other little “liabilities” that keep popping up all over the Kingdom. Cersei has some interesting ideas about that. Speaking of which, she asked me to convey her thanks… she didn’t say for what, but she said you’d know.

I wanted to mention again that we’re having a charity benefit in honor of my dear, departed wife Joanna to raise funds for the Lannister Foundling Hospital for Dwarves and Bastards not Named Lannister. I think the donors would appreciate having a celebrity like you to liven the party and frankly, it couldn’t hurt you image to appear magnanimous and responsible given the … unfounded rumors in the tabloids these days.

Best,

Tywin Lannister, Esq.

Lannister, Lannister and Lannister LLC

cc: C. Lannister, Esq.

J. Lannister, Esq.

K. Lannister, Esq.

T. Lannister, Paralegal

Wow whats this thread all about?

just having a little fun with the story of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

So I've been going back to look at some of the prophecies and how they might relate to the story going forward, along with how it could possibly correlate with R+L=J, and I found this interesting passage from the ADWD chapter where Tyrion asks Moqorro what he sees in the flames:

"Someone told me that the night is dark and full of terrors. What do you see in those flames?"

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros. He spoke it very well, with hardly a trace of accent. No doubt that was one reason the high priest Benerro had chosen him to bring the faith of R'hllor to Daenerys Targaryen. "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

I'm still not 100% sure what to make out of this other than the 'false' part most likely meaning YG, and the 'old' part most likely meaning Bloodraven seeing as though Maester Aemon is dead, so I don't really see who else still livng other than Bloodraven could possibly be described as an 'old' dragon. But what about the, "bright and dark" part? It could just be referring to the actual colors of Dany's dragons but does anyone else think the, "bright and dark" part could instead, be talking about Dany and Jon? Dany as 'bright' seeing as though she's a Targ that has all the Valyrian features(silver hair, violet eyes) that one could easily describe as 'bright' physical features, to go along with her fiery charasmatic personality and her being well known as a Targ/queen throughout the world, therefore, making her stand out as a 'bright' dragon. Where as Jon is also a Targ if R+L=J is true, yet he has none of the Targ's 'bright' physical features and instead has Stark features from his mother Lyanna, with his hair being dark brown and his grey eyes that border black, which one could easily describe as 'dark' physical features. To go along with his sort of quite, melancholic, personality and the fact that his Targaryen heritage has up until now been kept a scerete, in addition to him currently being a brother of the NW, therefore making him the 'dark' dragon that does not stand out nearly as much as his 'bright' dragon counterpart in Dany. Almost as if to say that in this struggle/battle for power involving true and false dragons(Dany and YG) Jon will end up emerging as the dark horse candidate in all this?

I know this is definitely crack potty and to be honsest I haven't really thought this through at all yet lol, but I just wanted to throw it out there and see what some of your thoughts on this prophecy are....

Well, it's not fully related to your reading of dragons, but to Tyrion. In the chapter Jon and Tyrion met, when the latter comes back to the feast, Jon stays thinking:

"When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king."

There's something big in Tyrion's future, even when compared to kings, dragons, or the main characters of the series, aka Dany and Jon.

Lyanna-

Ya you're fucked,

Bob

P.S.

:rofl:

Bob-

I get it. If you can't employ me no one will? Real mature Bob, real mature.

For your information, Elia Martell-Targaryen has been transferred to another division, where she will be in charge of a top secret Project that Promises to blow the collective Westerosi mind. Even as we speak, she is on her way to meet with Mr. Tywin Lannister regarding the prospect of a cooperative project. I understand that some of his top operatives, a Mr. Clegane and a Mr. Lorch, have been sent to accompany her.

As for your merger, after the conference at the Trident, things will be changing. I'm sure if you'll just put your warhammer down and listen to the mediator and your own advisors you'll find that you're being offered adequate compensation. I mean, the heiress to the Lannister fortune doesn't suck as a consolation prize.

I'm not sure what "assets" you're talking about dissolving, but I assure you that my assets are perfectly safe. My family (who represent 50% of your new super-shareholders) would never endanger my personal assets, even if it meant finding an offshore tax shelter to hide him them in. As for the assets of Targaryen Enterprises, you will find those to be well protected under the King's Landing Keep it Safe Act of 283 (known colloquially as the Gold Cloak Act)

If you really want to remember what I look like you can have a statue made. Better yet-- keep in touch with Ned. I look a lot like him but with longer hair and teats.

Best wishes,

L S-T

Hi Bob,

You know I have your best interests at heart and it truly pains me to see you dragging this thing out. Even if she were amenable to taking the job, it is evident that Lyanna Stark is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted.

You know I’m all for paying ones debts but in view of the latest email you received from L.S., my advice to you is to cut your losses and consider taking the settlement offer from Targaryen, unless you can prove theft of trade secrets or some other cause of action. I think they’ll come through with a nice cash settlement, especially since my associates Clegane and Lorch have been entertaining Rhaegar’s first wife and brats at the Inn at the Crossroads Conference Center and Spa as a gesture of good will. If you’ll agree, I think we can wrap this up with Jon Connington who sent me the settlement proposal on behalf of his clients this morning.

Next steps: We should discuss a plan of action to deal with the other little “liabilities” that keep popping up all over the Kingdom. Cersei has some interesting ideas about that. Speaking of which, she asked me to convey her thanks… she didn’t say for what, but she said you’d know.

I wanted to mention again that we’re having a charity benefit in honor of my dear, departed wife Joanna to raise funds for the Lannister Foundling Hospital for Dwarves and Bastards not Named Lannister. I think the donors would appreciate having a celebrity like you to liven the party and frankly, it couldn’t hurt you image to appear magnanimous and responsible given the … unfounded rumors in the tabloids these days.

Best,

Tywin Lannister, Esq.

Lannister, Lannister and Lannister LLC

cc: C. Lannister, Esq.

J. Lannister, Esq.

K. Lannister, Esq.

T. Lannister, Paralegal

just having a little fun with the story of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Hahah oh man this is awesome!

Hello Tywin,

Robert has informed me on the advice you have given him in a recent email, as you know Winter is Coming Enterprises was not totally sold on the merger with Lannister Banking and only did so for the sake of Ours is the Fury inc.

Furthurmore my company is very suspicious of your true intentions on how to handle the situation with Mr. Targaryen's company.

You may have the rest of the members in our newly arranged super merger fooled, but Winter is Coming Enterprises does not forget your past so easily.

We're fully aware of the dirty and downright disturbing tactics you ordred your legal team to use in your legal dispute against Mr. Reyne of Castermere Advertising, and I tell you now Winter is Coming Enterprises will do all in it's power to convince Robert to not allow such reputation staining tactics to be tolerated.

Whatever secrete vile tactics you have ordered Clegane and Lorch to use on Mrs. Martell-Targaren and her children at the Inn at the Crossroads Conference Center and Spa, I strongly advice you unmake them at once. I will not let your company's vulgar tactics sully the good name of mine or Robert's company.

Needless to say Winter is Coming Enterprises will be keeping a close eye on how your company chooses to handle these legal proccedings moving forward, and if we find that you have crossed the legal line, we will see to it that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,

Ned Stark

P.S.

I have sent my younger brother to attend your upcoming Charity benefit in honor of your wife and I assure you that we will give a considerable donation, whatever my issues might be with you, your wife was a good and honest woman, and Winter is Coming Enterprises will do all we can to honor her memory.

Yes, you and I are in complete agreement here. Ygraine claimed that the 'consensus' was otherwise.

Agreed. Heck its possible Allyria is the not-so-still-after-all birth. And I agree it smells rather fishy to me to have the younger Daynes who don't actually know anything other than what they are told/have heard gossiped, telling a story that paints their house white as snow and is inconsistent both internally and with Ned's character and known actions.

Fancy some crackpot?

Ned + Ashara = Allyria

Ned chose Allyria's betrothed to chase Gregor Clegane. It's customary among the first men to put the suitor on trial before allowing him to "steal" your daughter.

Up to the wildlings!

Fancy some crackpot?

Ned Brandon + Ashara = Allyria

Ned chose Allyria's betrothed to chase Gregor Clegane. It's customary among the first men to put the suitor on trial before allowing him to "steal" your daughter.

Up to the wildlings!

FTFY :P

If Allyria is half Stark, her father is Brandon, not Ned ;)

Fancy some crackpot?

Ned + Ashara = Allyria

Up to the wildlings!

Actually, though we don't know for certain, it seems that Allyria is less than fourteen years old when Ned enlists Beric to hunt down Gregor. Typically a betrothal would wait for the female's first cycle before the marriage ceremony. That would explain why she was still just betrothed.

FTFY :P

If Allyria is half Stark, her father is Brandon, not Ned ;)

Actually, though we don't know for certain, it seems that Allyria is less than fourteen years old when Ned enlists Beric to hunt down Gregor. Typically a betrothal would wait for the female's first cycle before the marriage ceremony. That would explain why she was still just betrothed.

I see you liked the crackpot :devil:

Only that, according to Mnt Lion's account they should have had a quicky for the good old times when Ned took Dawn to Starfall.

Maybe that's why he was so enraged when Cat brought up the topic. :D

So I've been going back to look at some of the prophecies and how they might relate to the story going forward, along with how it could possibly correlate with R+L=J, and I found this interesting passage from the ADWD chapter where Tyrion asks Moqorro what he sees in the flames:

"Someone told me that the night is dark and full of terrors. What do you see in those flames?"

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros. He spoke it very well, with hardly a trace of accent. No doubt that was one reason the high priest Benerro had chosen him to bring the faith of R'hllor to Daenerys Targaryen. "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

I'm still not 100% sure what to make out of this other than the 'false' part most likely meaning YG, and the 'old' part most likely meaning Bloodraven seeing as though Maester Aemon is dead, so I don't really see who else still livng other than Bloodraven could possibly be described as an 'old' dragon. But what about the, "bright and dark" part? It could just be referring to the actual colors of Dany's dragons but does anyone else think the, "bright and dark" part could instead, be talking about Dany and Jon? Dany as 'bright' seeing as though she's a Targ that has all the Valyrian features(silver hair, violet eyes) that one could easily describe as 'bright' physical features, to go along with her fiery charasmatic personality and her being well known as a Targ/queen throughout the world, therefore, making her stand out as a 'bright' dragon. Where as Jon is also a Targ if R+L=J is true, yet he has none of the Targ's 'bright' physical features and instead has Stark features from his mother Lyanna, with his hair being dark brown and his grey eyes that border black, which one could easily describe as 'dark' physical features. To go along with his sort of quite, melancholic, personality and the fact that his Targaryen heritage has up until now been kept a scerete, in addition to him currently being a brother of the NW, therefore making him the 'dark' dragon that does not stand out nearly as much as his 'bright' dragon counterpart in Dany. Almost as if to say that in this struggle/battle for power involving true and false dragons(Dany and YG) Jon will end up emerging as the dark horse candidate in all this?

I think this idea definitely has some merit and have seen it voiced on countless other forums. I agree that it is entirely conceivable that "dark" might hint to someone's colouring rather than necessarily being dark in the context of being evil or malicious.

Also - while we're on the subject of sorcerers and sorceresses - could Mirri Maz Duur have also possessed knowledge regarding Jon?

During the blood magic ritual performed on Drogo at the end of Game of Thrones, Dany sees shadows within the pavillion of a wolf and a man wreathed in flames. Of course it is entirely possible that these images are in reference to Rickard and Brandon Stark.

However, Irri (I think) then says to Dany (regarding Mirri): "She knows the secrets of the bloody bed". I personally took this as further corroborating evidence of the R+L=J theory.

This statement jumped out at me during a recent re-read; does anyone else also think it conceivable that Mirri is talking about Jon here?? And if so, what relevance could Jon possibly have to the blood magic performed on Drogo?

As a side note, I wonder whether Dany will recollect these visions and put two and two together - so to speak - when she finally meets Jon. Hmmm...

Archived