R+L = J v 62

Stubby

I see you liked the crackpot :devil:

Only that, according to Mnt Lion's account they should have had a quicky for the good old times when Ned took Dawn to Starfall.

Maybe that's why he was so enraged when Cat brought up the topic. :D

Obviously not me, but if you intended me, I don't see how I accounted anything of the sort. Are we failing to communicate?

Ned was enraged by Catelyn asking about Jon's mother, not by asking about Ashara. That is a reading comprehension issue, or maybe a deliberate misreading issue?

Hahah oh man this is awesome!

Hello Tywin,

Robert has informed me on the advice you have given him in a recent email, as you know Winter is Coming Enterprises was not totally sold on the merger with Lannister Banking and only did so for the sake of Ours is the Fury inc.

Furthurmore my company is very suspicious of your true intentions on how to handle the situation with Mr. Targaryen's company.

You may have the rest of the members in our newly arranged super merger fooled, but Winter is Coming Enterprises does not forget your past so easily.

We're fully aware of the dirty and downright disturbing tactics you ordred your legal team to use in your legal dispute against Mr. Reyne of Castermere Advertising, and I tell you now Winter is Coming Enterprises will do all in it's power to convince Robert to not allow such reputation staining tactics to be tolerated.

Whatever secrete vile tactics you have ordered Clegane and Lorch to use on Mrs. Martell-Targaren and her children at the Inn at the Crossroads Conference Center and Spa, I strongly advice you unmake them at once. I will not let your company's vulgar tactics sully the good name of mine or Robert's company.

Needless to say Winter is Coming Enterprises will be keeping a close eye on how your company chooses to handle these legal proccedings moving forward, and if we find that you have crossed the legal line, we will see to it that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,

Ned Stark

P.S.

I have sent my younger brother to attend your upcoming Charity benefit in honor of your wife and I assure you that we will give a considerable donation, whatever my issues might be with you, your wife was a good and honest woman, and Winter is Coming Enterprises will do all we can to honor her memory.

LOL! Love it! As an aside...

Dear Robert,

I’ve just received a rather unpleasant raven from Tywin Lannister and have been forced to respond in kind.

This has gotten out of control and as a friend, I beg you: Please stop with the threatening ravens to Lyanna and plotting against Winter is Coming Enterprises. I know you had a keen interest in her career and were looking forward to personally mentoring her, but she has made her decision to take the Targaryen’s offer and it’s not helpful to anyone to perpetuate this cycle of acrimony.

You know that I love you like a brother and I’ve always been honest with you, and that’s why I’m trying to help you despite the fact that you’ve threatened my family’s assets and proposed a "merger" deal with Lannister Banking which… well you know how I feel about those predators having their claws in everything. What were you thinking? We just went through the expense and effort to beat back Balon Greyjoy’s hostile takeover bid and you want to get into bed with the lions?

If you are serious about a merger, lets discuss it in a way the benefits both Winter is Coming Enterprises and Ours is the Fury, Inc. If you want to entertain a deal with Arryn and Tully, we can discuss that as well, but leave Lannister out of it.

Look, I don’t like the underhanded way Targaryen wooed my sister to his company any more than you do, but it’s a done deal and she’s a grown woman. I’ve sent a bird to Rhaegar’s lawyer and proposed that he make a good faith offer to settle the matter, for the sake of forestalling a hostile takeover. It’s my understanding from Jon Connington that an offer would be forthcoming to your attorneys. Please, Robert, take the offer and let this be resolved.

In short – Lyanna has moved on and so should you.

In other news… unfortunately, I won’t be able to join you for the fraternity reunion as I planned. I’ll be travelling in the South to take care of some urgent family business in Dorne, and then I have to return to Winterfell while Benjen attends the Joanna Lannister benefit, because Brandon’s been detained in Kings Landing and our Father had to go bail him out – again. Father's orders: there must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Honestly, I wish you hadn’t egged Brandon on when he said he wanted to have it out with Rhaegar Targaryen and his old man. We all know Aerys Targaryen is bunkered under the Red Keep with his pyromancers and his cronies on the Management Council are afraid to make him any madder, considering his reckless delight in firing people on the flimsiest of justifications. Now that Rhaegar is traveling and incommunicado, business in the capital is at a standstill until he gets back, which is in no one’s best interests.

It is my hope that you and I can get together for a horn of ale or two once this current unpleasantness is behind us. Please think about what I've said and take care, my friend.

- Ned

LOL! Love it! As an aside...

Dear Robert,

I’ve just received a rather unpleasant raven from Tywin Lannister and have been forced to respond in kind.

This has gotten out of control and as a friend, I beg you: Please stop with the threatening ravens to Lyanna and plotting against Winter is Coming Enterprises. I know you had a keen interest in her career and were looking forward to personally mentoring her, but she has made her decision to take the Targaryen’s offer and it’s not helpful to anyone to perpetuate this cycle of acrimony.

You know that I love you like a brother and I’ve always been honest with you, and that’s why I’m trying to help you despite the fact that you’ve threatened my family’s assets and proposed a "merger" deal with Lannister Banking which… well you know how I feel about those predators having their claws in everything. What were you thinking? We just went through the expense and effort to beat back Balon Greyjoy’s hostile takeover bid and you want to get into bed with the lions?

If you are serious about a merger, lets discuss it in a way the benefits both Winter is Coming Enterprises and Ours is the Fury, Inc. If you want to entertain a deal with Arryn and Tully, we can discuss that as well, but leave Lannister out of it.

Look, I don’t like the underhanded way Targaryen wooed my sister to his company any more than you do, but it’s a done deal and she’s a grown woman. I’ve sent a bird to Rhaegar’s lawyer and proposed that he make a good faith offer to settle the matter, for the sake of forestalling a hostile takeover. It’s my understanding from Jon Connington that an offer would be forthcoming to your attorneys. Please, Robert, take the offer and let this be resolved.

In short – Lyanna has moved on and so should you.

In other news… unfortunately, I won’t be able to join you for the fraternity reunion as I planned. I’ll be travelling in the South to take care of some urgent family business in Dorne, and then I have to return to Winterfell while Benjen attends the Joanna Lannister benefit, because Brandon’s been detained in Kings Landing and our Father had to go bail him out – again. Father's orders: there must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Honestly, I wish you hadn’t egged Brandon on when he said he wanted to have it out with Rhaegar Targaryen and his old man. We all know Aerys Targaryen is bunkered under the Red Keep with his pyromancers and his cronies on the Management Council are afraid to make him any madder, considering his reckless delight in firing people on the flimsiest of justifications. Now that Rhaegar is traveling and incommunicado, business in the capital is at a standstill until he gets back, which is in no one’s best interests.

It is my hope that you and I can get together for a horn of ale or two once this current unpleasantness is behind us. Please think about what I've said and take care, my friend.

- Ned

LMFAO! Seriously the hardest I've laughed in a very long time, well said! I could literally do this for days lol, whoever thought of this is an absolute genius!

:bowdown: :D The responses were hysterical, and I can think of a lot worse things we could be doing to let off steam. You gotta have fun.

Agreed at least we're not talking about that theory of Rhaegar being the baby dady to Elia, Lyanna, and Ashara..... :ack: I think that might have been the low point of these threads lol.

Agreed at least we're not talking about that theory of Rhaegar being the baby dady to Elia, Lyanna, and Ashara..... :ack: I think that might have been the low point of these threads lol.

Everyone knows that rumor was planted in the Westeros Inquirer by Robert Baratheon's PR team. :)

Actually, though we don't know for certain, it seems that Allyria is less than fourteen years old when Ned enlists Beric to hunt down Gregor. Typically a betrothal would wait for the female's first cycle before the marriage ceremony. That would explain why she was still just betrothed.

I disagree. Outside the need for political alliances etc, I don't think most marriages happen so young anyway. She could easily be 16-18 and have not yet have the marriage finalised.

I do think its clear she's probably no older then early 20s at most though, and most likely under 18 still. And yes, under 14 still works very well (if she and Ned are of an age, with her slightly older, that would explain why she is a source for him). Its just not required they way you imply.

Agreed. :stillsick:

Everyone knows that rumor was planted in the Westeros Inquirer by Robert Baratheon's PR team. :)

You really made my day yesterday, :bowdown: and it's been a rough week.

Alia, Lady Gwyn, Jon Icefire, Lady Mary... You made my day... Thank you so much...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ... The best laugh I had here...

Well, you bring a lot of joy with your insight, and the fantastic work you do with your threads.

Ygrain also deserves kudos for being the first to introduce humor to a sometimes contentious thread, proving that you can have both intellectual integrity, but be a real person too. :bowdown:

The rest of us just ran with it- really ran. :)

Humor it the greatest healer, and is the song amongst tears.

Ygrain also deserves kudos for being the first to introduce humor to a sometimes contentious thread, proving that you can have both intellectual integrity, but be a real person too. :bowdown:

The rest of us just ran with it- really ran. :)

Humor it the greatest healer, and is the song amongst tears.

Wow, I wasn't aware I established a precedent :D

Since Rhaegar was already married, wouldn't Jon still be a bastard?

The evidence that Jon is legitimate is that Targaryens have a history of polygamous marriages which makes it a possibility that Rhaegar had two wives. Three Kingsguards were present at the Tower of Joy when Ned arrived. Even after Ned said that Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon were dead and Viserys had fled to Dragonstone, the Kingsguard opted to stay at the Tower of Joy stating they were obeying their Kingsguard vow. The heart of a Kingsguard's vow is to protect the king. With Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon dead, the new king would have been Viserys, unless Lyanna's child was legitimate making him the new king of the Targaryen dynasty. For a comprehensive analysis of Jon's legitimacy, see the detailed explanations in the two linked articles.

But polygamy hadn't been practiced in centuries, is it still even legal?

The practice was never made illegal and there may have been some less prominent examples after Maegor, as stated in this SSM. Furthermore, Jorah suggests it to Dany as a viable option.

Weren't the Kingsguard at Tower of Joy on the basis of an order from Aerys, to guard Lyanna as a hostage?

Aerys was sane enough to realize how taking someone hostage works even at the end of the Rebellion, and he would hardly miss the opportunity to bring Ned and Robert in line any time after the situation started to look really serious. Furthermore, regardless of on whose order the Kingsguard might have stayed at Tower of Joy, they would still be in dereliction of their duty to guard the new king.

Why should we care who Jon's parents are? Will Jon care? Who cares if he's legitimate?

Once one accepts that the evidence is conclusive and that Jon's parents are Rhaegar and Lyanna and that he is most probably legitimate, these become the important questions.

Two questions:

How much impact would Aegon have on Jon story should he be true Aegon ?and who would be rightful heir of Targaryen Dynasty.

Two questions:

How much impact would Aegon have on Jon story should he be true Aegon ?and who would be rightful heir of Targaryen Dynasty.

OK, if Aegon is real, he is older and he is heir. But that is a big IF.

Considering that many people believe that aegon is fake, what about Jon then why should people believe him to be Targaryen just be because some say that he may possible be Targaryen.

some people says that Dany would consider Aegon as fake what about Jon is possible that Jon will also get the fake title from her as Aegon would.

Would she consider Jon and Aegon as threat to the throne but what I find it interesting could be possible that Aegon is third head forcast to next Dance of Dragons instead having brother and sister there would be instead two brothers and their niece.

Archived