Crackpot - Viserys alive.

Viserys - The last dragon

Please provide more support for the theory with examples from the book.

So far, everything I have read suggests that Viserys is dead.

The sound Viserys Targaryen made when that hideous iron helmet covered his face was like nothing human. His feet hammered a frantic beat against the dirt floor, slowed, stopped. Thick globs of molten gold dripped down onto his chest, setting the scarlet silk to smoldering… yet no drop of blood was spilled.He was no dragon, Dany thought, curiously calm. Fire cannot kill a dragon.
I think Viserys died when he stopped kicking

“But he must ride west,” Dany said, despairing. “Please, help me make him understand.” She had never seen the Seven Kingdoms either, no more than Drogo, yet she felt as though she knew them from all the tales her brother had told her. Viserys had promised her a thousand times that he would take her back one day, but he was dead now and his promises had died with him.

With Viserys gone, Daenerys was the last, the very last. She was the seed of kings and conquerors, and so too the child inside her. She must not forget.

Ser Jorah Mormont drew her aside as the sun was creeping toward its zenith. “Princess…” he began.

“Why do you call me that?” Dany challenged him. “My brother Viserys was your king, was he not?”

“He was, my lady.”

Viserys is dead. I am his heir, the last blood of House Targaryen. Whatever was his is mine now.”

Too much text support that Viserys is dead.

Because every other metal in Planetos is named the same as what we call it, and it's not like it's a Dothraki culture thing, Dany is the one who called it gold.

The melting point problem is almost certainly a mistake on George's part.

How do you know that all metals are the same?

Would Dany, espeically at fourteen, be reputable on such matters?

Or maybe, and I'm not having a go, I'm on this forum too afterall, he's more concerned about writing an awesome scene than catering to internet geeks talking about melting points.

How do you know that all metals are the same?

Would Dany, espeically at fourteen, be reputable on such matters?

Or maybe, and I'm not having a go, I'm on this forum too afterall, he's more concerned about writing an awesome scene than catering to internet geeks talking about melting points.

wouldnt it be hilarious if it was fools gold that was melted and poured on Viserys

Of course it is possible. Considering the process of the way he got burnt its quite hard to understand that it actually killed him.. Drogo didnt get brunt when he lifted up the pot which he had used to melt the golden belt.. Which says it probably wasn't that hot.

There is someone who created a theory that Viserys choked to death. The molten gold entered his nasal passages and he asphixiated. If you're going to go for dumbest theory ever, you might as well go all the way. The ashphixiated Viserys theory is the dumbest one there ever was.

There is someone who created a theory that Viserys choked to death. The molten gold entered his nasal passages and he asphixiated. If you're going to go for dumbest theory ever, you might as well go all the wall. The ashphixiated Viserys theory is the dumbest one there ever was.

Hey don't be so sure, it happened to a friend of mine. He didn't die though, and his nasal passages are worth quite a bit now. It happens.

Hey don't be so sure, it happened to a friend of mine. He didn't die though, and his nasal passages are worth quite a bit now. It happens.

Yeah, ok. Your friend was seated and had a pot of molten gold poured over his head, and it somehow went up his nose? Thinking you sir a trolling.

I work in a steel mill, and my friends family owned a small specialty foundry. Been around liquid steel quite a bit. It doesn't travel up when poured. His skin on his skull would have burned away and his eyeballs would superheat and pop, period.

Yeah, ok. Your friend was seated and had a pot of molten gold poured over his head, and it somehow went up his nose? Thinking you sir a trolling.

You might have lived a sheltered life. 'Baptisms of Gold', as theyre known, are all the rage where I'm from. It's a fairly experimental and affluent part of town.

You might have lived a sheltered life. 'Baptisms of Gold', as theyre known, are all the rage where I'm from. It's a fairly experimental and affluent part of town.

Oh yes, I've heard about this. Like I said above, dumbest thing ever. Which is why I think it's a fitting alternative theory for how Viserys died. Dany could have purchased all sorts of ships if she'd only mined Viserys' nose and throat for the coin.

Of course it is possible. Considering the process of the way he got burnt its quite hard to understand that it actually killed him.. Drogo didnt get brunt when he lifted up the pot which he had used to melt the golden belt.. Which says it probably wasn't that hot.

Pot holders, man. I've got them in my kitchen. A cauldron of molten gold to the face is lethal 100% of the time. There is literally no way he could have survived.

Pot holders, man. I've got them in my kitchen. A cauldron of molten gold to the face is lethal 100% of the time. There is literally no way he could have survived.

New crackpot. Drogo didn't die from an infected nipple. He died because he forgot the pot holders and the burns on his hands got infected. No one noticed because he fell off his horse and was too delirious by that time to explain it was the hands, not the nip.

Oh yes, I've heard about this. Like I said above, dumbest thing ever. Which is why I think it's a fitting alternative theory for how Viserys died. Dany could have purchased all sorts of ships if she'd only mined Viserys' nose and throat for the coin.

Given the gold would be from a formerly royal Targ, she would be wiser not to mine it, and pick off the flesh and bone around it. Then she'd get more for an internal throat-and-nose gold cast of a member of a famous family.

And you seem to choose to ignore the text. This wasn't bored kids using softened gold to decorate themselves. Can you have small amounts on you and live, of course. But that wasn't what the thread is about.

And you seem to choose to ignore the text. This wasn't bored kids using softened gold to decorate themselves. Can you have small amounts on you and live, of course. But that wasn't what the thread is about.

You can't know that. Especially when Targs are fireproof. Viserys ate that molten gold like candy. Then he choked and died.

Archived