Can I read this before Feast ?

That Demon Monkey

I have recently finished ASOS and now hunger for more, but my friend who has been lending me the books has lost his copy of AFFC and our local bookstores are also out of stock.

Can I read ADWD first since they run parallel?

If so, would I be safe up to the end of the first book of Dance at least, before things start running together?

You can start reading adwd if you haven't read feast (if I'm not forgetting some details), yet if you see the first Asha chapter (that is excelly quite early), STOP reading, it will have some huge feast spoilers.

I'll let you know if I think about something I'm currently forgetting.

Oh now I toughtabout some things, that Asha chapter will be named 'the wayward bride' and in the Quentyn chapters are also some small affc spoilers.

They run parralel for a while but at some point Dance goes further and actually continues some POVs where Feast ended them (Cersei, amongst others). Dance does indeed have spoilers for some storylines of Feast.

There's a list of the chronology somewhere for people who want to read them as one book. You could look it up.

Why would you read it before Feast though?

They run parralel for a while but at some point Dance goes further and actually continues some POVs where Feast ended them (Cersei, amongst others). Dance does indeed have spoilers for some storylines of Feast.

There's a list of the chronology somewhere for people who want to read them as one book. You could look it up.

Why would you read it before Feast though?

Like I said, no way for me to get a copy of Feast just now. Waiting for my bookstores to get stock.

So basically I should just stop at any Asha chapters? Or avoid anything that is not Jon, Dany, Tyrion or Davos ?

Like I said, no way for me to get a copy of Feast just now. Waiting for my bookstores to get stock.

So basically I should just stop at any Asha chapters? Or avoid anything that is not Jon, Dany, Tyrion or Davos ?

The quentyn chapters will reaveal what Doran's plan is, which is a small mistery i the Arianne chapters in affc, but if you don't mind a small spoiler like that you can read these, there are some returnig characters from feast: Areo, Cersei, Jaime, Victarion and Asha so if you meat the first one of these you better stop.

Archived