London Visit 2.0 1 April - 10 April with a BWB meet up on 9 April.

April is difficult for me, but if you fancy heading down to the south west for our beaches, pasties and underwater towns, gimme a shout! :laugh:

I certainly will, I'm not taking many tours outstide of London this time plus I'm staying for an extra day. Is Cornwall where all of that terrible flooding is?

• 2 weeks later...

I should be in London from around 8th-12th of April, and a couple of weekends thereafter till the end of may. I'll most likely miss this meet-up, given that it's likely to take place before I get there, but it would be fun to meet a few people from on here ( given that I know almost no-one in both of the cities I'll be staying in).

I should be in London from around 8th-12th of April, and a couple of weekends thereafter till the end of may. I'll most likely miss this meet-up, given that it's likely to take place before I get there, but it would be fun to meet a few people from on here ( given that I know almost no-one in both of the cities I'll be staying in).

I should be up that way in May, where are you staying?

I should be up that way in May, where are you staying?

Funny you should ask that, I've been looking for places all week but haven't found anything yet. So far, I've only looked at hostels. I'm probably going to necro one of the London threads ( god knows we have a few) and ask for more advice on travel/ accommodation. I'll be coming around Friday, leaving Sunday afternoon, something like that, haven't worked it all out yet, so I certainly need to figure out where I'm going to stay fairly quickly.

I don't think we have settled on a date for this meet yet, can I suggest Wednesday 9 April?

Feel free to suggest another date if that one doesn't work for you.

Wednesday would be fine for me (also the previous few days if other people prefer them).

• 2 weeks later...

Can I threadjack? I'm coming back up that way at the beginning of May, and a couple of my uni mates are coming up for a few days. They'll be there from Monday 5th until Wednesday 7th, and our plan is to be in London on the Tuesday. Is anyone free for a meet up? :)

Does anybody know where I can watch baseball in London?

I assume you mean on the TV, in which case there is probably a US-themed pub somewhere in London that will be showing games, or indeed any number of sports pubs that have satellite sports channels.

I assume you mean on the TV, in which case there is probably a US-themed pub somewhere in London that will be showing games, or indeed any number of sports pubs that have satellite sports channels.

Yes of course, I picked a bad time to take a trip outside of the USA but I really wanted to see West Ham again and they're home on the 6th so it had to be the first week of baseball season.

Yes of course, I picked a bad time to take a trip outside of the USA but I really wanted to see West Ham again and they're home on the 6th so it had to be the first week of baseball season.

Jetlag Sports Bar in Fitzrovia (near Euston) might have it on. Honestly though, baseball is pretty much non existent over here so it might be a struggle...

I might pay for a month of MLBs streaming service and just bring my laptop so I can watch the first game.

You could stream it on your hotel wifi (using VIPBox) rather than paying for a whole month's subscription? i can find you a link closer to the time if you want

Archived