History of the "grasslands" includes a whopper of a detail

Westeros.com's facebook page had an interesting update a couple days ago in reference to the World of Ice and Fire book. It said, "The history of the "Grasslands" includes a whopper of a detail... or a whopper of a red herring..."

What does everyone think this "detail" could be? I so want this book to come out!

• 1 month later...

I don't know, I would guess something to do with the Dothraki and their history, possibly something to do with all the conquered statues in Vahes Dothrak.

Sounds about right to me. And given Daenerys ties with them I would suppose that there will be a sort of connection between the Dothraki and the Valyrians.

We know that the Dothraki and the Valyrians have had interaction because of the Valyrian steel Arakh that Caggo owns. Just another connection.

Actually Dotharaki came from the east only after the Doom. Valyrian Freehold and Dotharaki couldn't interact with each other. Blades don't prove anything since they can be from Free Cities.

Something to do with the Ifeqevron. Whether or not they are Chidlren of the Forest (I don't think they are) but the descriptions will probably sound similar even leading the maester to speculate, thus the red herring.

Something to do with the Ifeqevron. Whether or not they are Chidlren of the Forest (I don't think they are) but the descriptions will probably sound similar even leading the maester to speculate, thus the red herring.

My pet theory is that the Ifeqevron are decendants of the fleet of Brandon the Shipwright.

Actually Dotharaki came from the east only after the Doom. Valyrian Freehold and Dotharaki couldn't interact with each other. Blades don't prove anything since they can be from Free Cities.

While true we have, to my knowledge, not seen any other nation using arakh besides the Dothraki so these blades must have been made for someone else.

• 5 months later...

Grasslands will cover stuff like Sarnor and the Dothraki... and Qarth, as it happens...

Slaver's Bay gets discussed, but no, not in a distinct section. There's a reason for that.

Grasslands will cover stuff like Sarnor and the Dothraki... and Qarth, as it happens...

Slaver's Bay gets discussed, but no, not in a distinct section. There's a reason for that.

Slaver's Bay was part of the larger Ghiscari Empire back in the day. So if Ghis gets a section, no need for Slaver's Bay to get a separate one, of course.

The Kingdom of Sarnor was the first thing that came to mind when I read this. My theory is that the Dothraki took something important when the looted the Sarnori cities. Or Maester Yandel thinks they did.

Slaver's Bay was part of the larger Ghiscari Empire back in the day. So if Ghis gets a section, no need for Slaver's Bay to get a separate one, of course.

There is no Ghis section too. I think we will get the information about Ghiscar in the Valyria section (Rise of Valyria or Valyria's Children).

Yay! Qarth!

I predicted that Kingdom of Sarnor will be in Grasslands section.

I don't have the app, but was wondering if someone could check if their 'whopper of a detail' was tied into the grass seasons? Daenarys will not bear a child until the Dothraki seas dry up so maybe it's a seasonal guide of a history of when the grasslands were last disappeared or something.

Archived