Your favorite Goons.

E-Ro

Do you mean mooks, Red Shirts, Mauve Shirts, and the like?

My favorite Quirky Mini-Boss Squad has to be the Bloody Mummers. Those guys are so over the top but obviously mooks.

Strong Belwas is my favorite of the series' Mauve Shirts. I think hes gonna bite it some time down the line, but hes shown fortitude so he will die in an awesome way. It is known.

Edd is more of a cronie than a full on mook. Its hard to say if hes a Mauve Shirt. (ill be sad if he is though.)

My favorite Red Shirts were Robb's guys. :(

Goldfish Poop Gangs? We dont have a lot of these in ASOIAF, but Vicarion's crew comes very close.

Clarification:

Mooks = standard dudes who get in the way of a character one way or the other. Always end up with their asses kicked. Most are nameless.

Red Shirts = Named characters who end up playing the mook role.

Mauve Shirts = Named characters who actually have plot significance but wind up as someone's fodder.

Quirky Mini-Boss Squad = A group of reoccurring characters who end up on the protagonist(s) bad side and pop up to ruin their day.

Goldfish Poop Gangs = Much like the above but seem to come out of left field a lot of the time and wind up making the reader/viewer wonder wtf their point was other than being hella silly.

Ohhhhhh, that made me think, can I pick a double team, Left and Right for The Queen of Thorns?? As far as we know, her royal prickliness has never taken a fall.

But for a goon I really like, I'd probably say The Hound. Although, it's ironic he was supposed to be gooning for the Lannisters and wound up gooning for the Stark girls, but I like it.

I thoroughly enjoy this post. Where's my "thoroughly enjoy" button?

Great topic, and so many candidates to choose from.

First instinct was for Shitmouth, but we've hardly even seen that guy (though he was obviously memorable).

Then I thought Bronn. Plenty of character, great lines, super-fucking dangerous.

But the winner is Dolorous Edd. In fact, I loved Edd the best not when he was being dry and gloomy, but when he went into no-bullshit mode while helping to manhandle Slynt. He is the BLOCK-FETCHER!

I have a Suggs-soft spot too. I have no idea why. He's not quite right with the whole enjoys prisoner torture part . But I want to know how this flea bottom commoner made it to Sworn Knight to a King. His sigil of a winged pig amuses me too. Does Westeros have the saying "When pigs fly" and if so did he choose that as his arms after someone saying that would be the only time he'd be a knight.

Also he's kind of like Stannis' well leashed version of Amory Lorch or Gregor Clegane. A nasty man for nasty jobs

First of all i gotta say im lovin all this goon love going down in here. I think many of these guys are the unsung heros of the series in the sense that they do a ton of the work for the main characters. Seriously without them the lords and ladies would have to do their own work and nobody wants that.

I have a Suggs-soft spot too. I have no idea why. He's not quite right with the whole enjoys prisoner torture part . But I want to know how this flea bottom commoner made it to Sworn Knight to a King. His sigil of a winged pig amuses me too. Does Westeros have the saying "When pigs fly" and if so did he choose that as his arms after someone saying that would be the only time he'd be a knight.

Also he's kind of like Stannis' well leashed version of Amory Lorch or Gregor Clegane. A nasty man for nasty jobs

Agreed. I bet he signed on with some lords retinue and distinguished himself as one bad mofo, now hes with stannis. I am really glad that stannis keeps good control of his men though, otherwise this guy might go a bit overboard in his methods. Like if he was riding with tywin.

I refuse to let you redefine goon. A goon is classically a violent dumb agent of a gangster, ie muscle, or someone like a company goon strikebreaker carrying a club.

Nah brah, in jersey a goon is exactly what I described it as in the op. In murica thats what we call em, Im going by the american definition, because murica #1. If you wanna talk about whatever it is you described in your post make your own thread!

Archived