Small questions v.10015

Angalin

Why did Tyrion pour out the win in Joffrey's cup after he choked? He looks down at it, thinks a moment, and then pours it. I feel I read the answer once (or just figured it out) but can't for the life of my remember.

In the prologue to AFFC, Alleras and the other boys are talking about the rumors regarding Dany and dragons. One of them mentions that they're all just stories, one sailor says dragons in mereen, another says qarth, another says ashaii. My question is, are there any theories as to if dragons are actually in Ashaii? The other rumors mentioned are all true, except for this one (could be chalked up to nothing more than gossip while the others are true).

Why did Tyrion pour out the win in Joffrey's cup after he choked? He looks down at it, thinks a moment, and then pours it. I feel I read the answer once (or just figured it out) but can't for the life of my remember.

In the prologue to AFFC, Alleras and the other boys are talking about the rumors regarding Dany and dragons. One of them mentions that they're all just stories, one sailor says dragons in mereen, another says qarth, another says ashaii. My question is, are there any theories as to if dragons are actually in Ashaii? The other rumors mentioned are all true, except for this one (could be chalked up to nothing more than gossip while the others are true).

Tyrion suspected his wife might have poisoned Joff and sought to spoil the evidence to protect her.

Okay mind you, Obsidian does not come from dragons directly but it was there before the Targaryens first arrived (I think the Children of the Forest had it and originally gave it to the first men right?)....anyways I guess what I am wondering or thinking, is there any evidence that dragons also existed at some point on Westeros before the arrival of the Targs? Even if long, long before? I mean even if they originated around Valyria they could freaking fly right? Any text referring to dragons landing in Westeros or inhabiting it before the Targaryens?

Pretty sure GRRM said they used to live everywhere.

SSM Here :)

Well thank you. Which now begs the question, what happened to the dragons in Westoros between the time they ruled the world and when the Targaryens arrived... obviously they were gone from Westoros at that point. I know this isn't the text, just something I'm curious to see if it will ever be answered, were there dragons during the Age of Heroes and such.

Well thank you. Which now begs the question, what happened to the dragons in Westoros between the time they ruled the world and when the Targaryens arrived... obviously they were gone from Westoros at that point. I know this isn't the text, just something I'm curious to see if it will ever be answered, were there dragons during the Age of Heroes and such.

That's a huge question and one none of us can really know for sure because George hasn't told us at least not that I can find anywhere. I actually went digging through all the dragon stuff a long time ago because I couldn't understand why the FM would call something dragon steel if dragons had not been discovered yet. I thought the Valyrians discovered dragons but as it turns out they just found some. There is also the remains(Nagga) that the Ironborn have which would have predated the Targs as well, perhaps even the Valyrians.

How did the greatsword Ice return to Wf after the death of Lord Rickard?

We don't know. I would assume that Eddard found the sword in the aftermath of the sack of King's Landing. We don't know why Ethan Glover was spared the day Brandon and Rickard were killed, but it's possible he had the sword and delivered it to Ned.

Did/does Robert's warhammer have a name?

Where is it now?

There was a thread on this yesterday. We believe it has become sentient and has made a Westeros.org account :lol:

http://asoiaf.wester...bert-baratheon/

http://asoiaf.wester...erts-warhammer/

(Sorry for troll post :laugh:)

Actually I asked that same question a while back and no one seems to know. Best guess is that he was buried with it.

I just remember that Jaime had a dream. He didn't say that it was his mom but deep down he knew it was her. They both did not mention Tyrion in the scene. Anyway, would she have cared for Tyrion more than Tywin did and would she have noticed that her twin children are doing nasty behind their backs?

I just remember that Jaime had a dream. He didn't say that it was his mom but deep down he knew it was her. They both did not mention Tyrion in the scene. Anyway, would she have cared for Tyrion more than Tywin did and would she have noticed that her twin children are doing nasty behind their backs?

If Cers can love the monster that was Joff I'm sure Joanna would easily be able to love Tyrion. As for the twincest, she was the one who did know what they were doing when they were younger, so if she were alive yes I think she would know.

If Qyburn is capable of creating Robert Strong, wouldn't it be easier for him to re-attach Jamie with a new hand?

Welcome to the forums Young Squire. :cheers:

We don't yet know what is behind the helmet of Robert Strong. People speculate that it can be Robb's head, or it can be Gregor's own head, but it is also a possibility that there is nothing inside. Furthermore, Gregor inside is dead, so it is not like Qyburn is bringing him back to life, it is just a nasty bit of necromancy, animating the dead.

Jaime is alive, and I don't see how another hand can be magicked onto him. And loss of hand is a deserving punishment for the likes of him, so let's not think much on it. Qyburn is a lickspittle, if he could've saved Jaime's hand, he would've.

If Qyburn is capable of creating Robert Strong, wouldn't it be easier for him to re-attach Jamie with a new hand?

Jaime's hand was useful, Gregor's head was not. :) Sorry, I just had to. I'm still baffled about how that whole thing is supposed to work.

We don't yet know what is behind the helmet of Robert Strong. People speculate that it can be Robb's head, or it can be Gregor's own head, but it is also a possibility that there is nothing inside. Furthermore, Gregor inside is dead, so it is not like Qyburn is bringing him back to life, it is just a nasty bit of necromancy, animating the dead.

Jaime is alive, and I don't see how another hand can be magicked onto him. And loss of hand is a deserving punishment for the likes of him, so let's not think much on it. Qyburn is a lickspittle, if he could've saved Jaime's hand, he would've.

That's my point exactly, altough we don't have much info about Robert Strong, we do know that Qyburn was experimenting with body parts. If he is able to animate a dead person and attach a full functioning head to it (I can't see how he would be able to fight if he doesn't have eyes to see and ears to hear) attaching a new hand should be a piece of cake.

While I completly agree that he deserves judgment, If I was in jamie's place and find out that Qyburn was able to re-create a whole person by using body parts, I would be really pissed off.

Why is Dany sometimes called Kingslayer and Kinslayer?

She didn't kill Viserys, that wasn't her fault in the slightest, and it could be argued that she killed Drogo who was a "king" of sorts, but it was more of a mercy killing and he was already "dead"

Edit: I will add another question into my post; Why the whole "I am Daenerys STORMBORN" thing? Surely to be more impressive she will use her Targaryen name?

Cause she just sat there watching her brother getting killed, when it was in her power to stop it...

And how do you call Gaius Julius Caesar? Caesar or Julius?

Okay mind you, Obsidian does not come from dragons directly but it was there before the Targaryens first arrived (I think the Children of the Forest had it and originally gave it to the first men right?)....anyways I guess what I am wondering or thinking, is there any evidence that dragons also existed at some point on Westeros before the arrival of the Targs? Even if long, long before? I mean even if they originated around Valyria they could freaking fly right? Any text referring to dragons landing in Westeros or inhabiting it before the Targaryens?

Pretty sure GRRM said they used to live everywhere.

Yeah, he said it, but whats with the obsidian-dragon thing, they are different things...

My question is; If you were caught in a bar fight who would you rather have on your side. Choices are..... Victarion Greyjoy and his abundance of Badassery, Stannis the Mannis Baratheon and his fake out Lightbringer, or Tyrion Lannister and his genius I sarcasm. Please choose and briefly describe why. If you can think of someone I haven't named for any reason just list and explain please. This is my first ever post so I figured it would have to be a stupid question so sorry if I aggravate any serious people on the thread.

Modern day bar fight? From your list, Victarion.

But I would want the mountain, I don't think I need to explain why...

Now this thread is for people that miss something or want to know something about the world of asoiaf, questions like yours should be a thread...

1) Maybe for sansa? or he was so drunk...

2) There might be, nobody knows, I mean maybe after danys dragons magic became more poweful, so maybe the mages in asshai managed to revive some of their own dragons...

How did the greatsword Ice return to Wf after the death of Lord Rickard?

Maybe he did not take it with him in the first place...

:agree:

Archived