Arya can not be a FM because

Mithras

I doubt it would be that easy... I mean, they showed her their secrets, as acolyte in HoBaW, she saw some things that are not for public. I doubt that FM will be so lenient in letting her go peacefully...

Maybe she runs away, goes back to the North, the Faceless Men whack her for knowing too much... BAM! War between Westeros and Braavos.

Yes I said Westeros because Jon Snow is on the Iron Throne in this fantasy

Why do people assume Arya is worse then FM or anyone I don't understand that.I mean she didn't do anything wrong.Arya saved the crying girl she even helped the criminals when they were attacked, she is a very unique character.I think she is a very realistic character.There is nothing wrong with her actions.She has been through too many bad things she saw people getting killed raped and tortured, she saw her father get killed she lost her brtohers then she saw what they did to her mother.Arya is one of the not if the best character in this story.

Arya has been fleeing her whole journey so far. In order to hook back up with the other characters, I can easily imagine her fleeing Braavos. But I think she'll continue to hide behind 'no one.' With the Nymeria connection, perhaps she's on her way to Dorne.

Why do people assume Arya is worse then FM or anyone I don't understand that.I mean she didn't do anything wrong.Arya saved the crying girl she even helped the criminals when they were attacked, she is a very unique character.I think she is a very realistic character.There is nothing wrong with her actions.She has been through too many bad things she saw people getting killed raped and tortured, she saw her father get killed she lost her brtohers then she saw what they did to her mother.Arya is one of the not if the best character in this story.

Dareon would have a few things to say about it.

Maybe she is the him with the many faces? There have been plenty of hints that Arya is kinda "deathlike".. Who of us can know :-)

But i also tend to think that she will not become an ordinary FM.

I think there's something to this. The Ghost of High Heart talks to her like she is death incarnate. When she meets the kindly man she passes his test by eating the worm that was crawling on his face which the KM makes some comment about no one ever having done before. There's a reason that Jaqen gives her the coin in the first place. I don't think he just hands those out like business cards. I think she does do work as a FM and it's in the course of one of her tasks that she gets dragged back into the main story line. I think I've read here before about being sent to assassinate Dany because the Braavosi have a long standing hatred of Valyria and its dragons; that would make sense to me as an entry point for her. However, she's not on Quaithe's list of people to watch out for, so maybe not.

I'm hoping her assignment takes her back to Westeros and in particular somewhere near Nymeria because an Arya-Nymeria reunion would be awesome. My best guess as to how she gets back in to the plot is through the Iron Bank of Braavos. The Iron Bank may need someone to kill Tommen and Myrcella so that Stannis can take the Iron Throne and pay them back. They would also have the financial resources to hire a FM.

At this point I'd say she's worse than the FM actually. Perhaps if she stayed they could teach her some humanity.

I agree, the FM kill due to religious dogma, and don't see death as something negative.

Arya, on the other hand, kills due to hate, self-righteousness, and, it could even be said, pure bloodlust as Nym.

The FM have the moral high ground in my humble opinion.

Well everyone talks like Arya killed innocent people.She killed a bolton guard, she killed those pigs who worked for Gregor and she killed Daeron because he was a deserter and he spent the money given to him for spending on his mission.And she killed her assigment but that doesn't seem to bother anyone.When a death cult kills someone because of religious(money related job of course) reason that is okey but when it is about what she was thought to do and when it is a matter of survival everyone gets all high and mighty.

Who is better then Arya?Dany?Cersei?Tywin?Joffrey?Stannis?Jaime?

All these characters did more terrible things and still people adore them still people absolve them from their sins.When Jaime pushes a boy out of window to cover up her incestius relation with her sister it is okey but when Arya follows the Stark way(old way) to punish a deserter it is bad.When Cersei kills her best friend for liking Jaime it is okey but when Arya kills poliver and those bastards it is evil.When Stannis breeds shadow babies or when Stannis kills his brother(kinslaying no matter what it is a crie against all gods) it is okey but when Arya kills Bolton guard to escape from getting his foot chopped she is devil.

GROW UP PEOPLE.Unlike most of the characters in the game Arya never harmed innocent people.And since you guys seem to have no problem FM killing people then whoever she kills while she is under their assigments are normal.I don't think like you I think it is bad but is it evil?No she is trying to survive and thrive in the world to get back at the people who hunted her family to extinction.

I totally agree with you on Arya and all the meaning in the passage you brought from AFFC, shocking, huh? LOL and sniffle, sniffle, as Arya thinking about all that Needle represents is beautiful and heartbreaking, but also encouraging....as I do think the time will come after giving and taking all she can from THoBaW, that she will realize that her path in the longrun is the path of Arya of House Stark, and she will again walk it, if not run it, grumbling stupid, stupid, stupid....as she goes.

Glad you agree my lady. this was indeed the essence of what I was trying to say. I'm not just too eloquent. :)

I do see the chance that the FM will be some awful organization that she will have to escape from, but I don't think so. I do know it's a possiblity, and I do wonder on Jaqen, too. I'm not so sure he is still OF the FM, per se, but the coin did seem to at least suggest there is still some type of relationship, at least? I do think that is a possibility.

Jaqen changed his face at the end of ACoK, so I take him as a faceless man. I however do not believe that FM is some bad organisation, I think they're along the lines of the Nght's Watch. Protecting Braavos/The world from whom, I'm not entirely sure.

I think Arya will have more training, complete more work for them, but in the long run, leave peacebly, or.....just disappear from there one day. That's my feeling on how it might go. They won't be surprised in the least, and may retain certain relationships with former recruits, novices, and full throated FMs.

Those are my feelings as well. That one day when Arya tries to leave, the Kindly Man will not be surprised in the slightest, as he would've always known that Arya was learning these skills for a purpose. And for that he will let her go either peacefully, or with some sort of sacrifice

ETA: Or, perhaps.....if someone leaving the FM CAN get away without getting killed, the FM let them go, as they are worthy and learned their skills well? Maybe they have to outwit them, outlive an assassination attempt, and then....are left in peace? Still, I wouldn't be surprised if at times there are some that the FM have to kill just for the sake of safety and some type of psychological evalutations that determine who can't be trusted to part ways with too much knowledge.

This is something I'd never considered, but is another likely possibility; though less likey in my opinion than leaving peacefully or leaving after a sacrifice.

Dareon would have a few things to say about it.

As for that, I guess Aemon Targaryen and Samwell Tarly would have a few things to say about Dareon...and LC Jon Snow, too, if he learns of the singing career of his former classmate Dareon....

She is a warg, and she can not let go of something that is part of who she is, so she will never be who they want her to be.

When the KM tells her she is free to leave at any time, I think he telling her she can take the poison, like the members of the church do. If she doesn't already know too much, she soon will, for them to let her leave.

It is funny that he keeps telling her she has to let go of who she was, but the more/harder she holds on, gets her training up graded. Maybe they want her to hold on to it.

As for that, I guess Aemon Targaryen and Samwell Tarly would have a few things to say about Dareon...and LC Jon Snow, too, if he learns of the singing career of his former classmate Dareon....

Definitely, but it's not like Westerosi laws apply on Braavos or that Daeron's death in a Braavosi alley is going to send a message to anyone in the Watch considering desertion. And it's not like Dareon was, according to him, lawfully imprisoned and sent to the Wall. According to him, he was innocent.

she can not lose her identity completely. Some part of her lives in Nymeria and some part of Nymeria lives in her. She cannot be a true FM because of this warg connection. I think kindly man suspect something but when this is exposed, they will say goodbye and send Arya wherever she wants to go

I agree, no warg can be a faceless man because it already is something entirely different.

Arya can't become another person because her identity is not only human.

Archived