Will Qyburn betray Cersei?

bloodsteel bitterraven

Qyburn is a disgraced former Maester who was forced to join a group with a horrible reputation such as the Bloody Mummers. Healing Jaime gave him the opportunity to meet Cersei and he finally had a very powerful supporter and ally. I think we can all agree that morality isn't really something Qyburn is known for so despite Cersei being the reason he has power, does anyone think he could betray her if he realizes that she is powerless?

In order for him to do that he would have to be 100% certain that Cersei is done and that being associated to her actually damages his reputation. Finding another "sponsor" might also help. The question is who would be interested in using Qyburn's methods?

So, does anyone else agree that Qyburn could betray Cersei?

His loyalist is just for himself, he won't be ally with Cersei forever, I have my doubts if Ser Robert Strong will really help her when the trial comes, but I think he will win and Cersei will be spared, but Qyburn is just using her so he can do his dark experiments, he has a dungeon where he can do her stuff at his will

Of course he would. And despite the rejection Robert Strong would cause, if revealed, I'd think he would have a huge line of customers waiting for their own versions of undead knights.

Arguably, he might have betrayed Cersei already when he told her about the Tyrell coin in the dungeons, which might or might not have been there and we know it wasn't related to Tywin's death.

Unscrupulous people are a valuable asset in Westeros, so he could be useful for lots of people. Who could ever need such depraved creations as his own version of Frankenstein's monster? But I think we are already approaching the End Game. Cersei will have her destine decided in a trial by combat and her champion will either win or lose. I have no idea what he will do later, but I think he won't have time to do much, since soon King's Landing might be stormed either by (f)Aegon or zombies from beyond the wall or both.

might be a little off topic but in regards to whose loyal to cersei I always assumed Qyburn is loyal as opposed to taena who just so happened to tell cersei, olenna kept old reach coins in her wheelhouse, increasing cerseis paranoia to a whole new level. I believe taena is clearly in league with varys (her husband was also in exile I believe and we know varys and illyrio have been keeping track of all the targ loyalists in exile) where as Qyburn is essentially just a bloody mummer who took advantage of the queens mental state to get her to allow his experiments and grant him power. whatever varys' little birds feed qyburn are just what varys wants the queen to know to increase her paranoia.

When Qyburn first latched on to Cersei, I was sure he was working for Varys. I mean, he got in touch with all these Varys' former spies and contacts suspiciously fast.

But then I thought GRRM was downplaying Varys in purpose. Like even Cersei thinks Varys wasn't that impressive because Qyburn could get the same shit done. Wrong. I think the Dance epilogue was to show us, among other things, that Varys is the real deal, while Qyburn, as others have said, it's just an opprtunistic psychopant that would join whoever suits him.

The thing is, I don't think the Tyrells would want anything to do with Cersei's pet, so I think Qyburn will be just colateral damage of Cersei's downfall.

But then I thought GRRM was downplaying Varys in purpose. Like even Cersei thinks Varys wasn't that impressive because Qyburn could get the same shit done. Wrong. I think the Dance epilogue was to show us, among other things, that Varys is the real deal, while Qyburn, as others have said, it's just an opprtunistic psychopant that would join whoever suits him.

In deed. I suspect that Varys's little birds only tell Qyburn what Varys wants him to hear.

In deed. I suspect that Varys's little birds only tell Qyburn what Varys wants him to hear.

Oh yeah, it is so funny:)))

Well Cercei is going down fast and the only people in westeros that would employ qyburn are ramsay and joncon ( maybe, he wants to get reed of the disease by any means necessary, if Qyburn notices that he can play it really easy)

Naive as I was on my initial read through, I never even considered that Varys was still controlling his birds, and through them Qyburn and Cercei. I love that thought though.

Qyburn is up there on the sinister-o-meter with Ramsay. I would actually love to see Cercei come to her senses before the end and out him or kill him or something.

I hope not

When Qyburn first latched on to Cersei, I was sure he was working for Varys. I mean, he got in touch with all these Varys' former spies and contacts suspiciously fast.

The thing is, I don't think the Tyrells would want anything to do with Cersei's pet, so I think Qyburn will be just colateral damage of Cersei's downfall.

:agree:

Archived