lord of hornwood

geogus

Ramsay is now a very powerful person.

Heir to the dreadfort, lord of Hornwood, and lord protector of winterfell.

But,I can see Stannis destroying his titles.

His lordship to winterfell is fake, since he married fke arya and.as.soon Stannis discover he will denounce.

About Hornwood, Stannis has Lawrence snow, who was at derowood mote, the bastard of previous hoenwood lord.

ince stannis is, king, he can legitimize him and make him, Lord of Hornwood. I wouldn't be surprised if he is riding to winterfell with Stannis.

It would destroy ramsays title and earn Stannis more northern

Will it happen?

"Earn Arabia more Nothern?"

But, yes, Stannis could do that. It would enrage Ramsay if he heard, that he is to be supplanted as Lord of Hornwood by another Snow / bastard that got legitimized. I think the Northerners could accept that outcome. The hated Lord who killed his wife ousted and a natural son succeeding. It would solve a potential struggle between the other Houses with a claim. The North doesn't want to fight amongst themselves.

From GRRM's perspective: why create Laurence Snow if he has no further use to the plot? It would have been easier to just not invent another possible heir with a claim. So Laurence probably has a function e.g. A role to play.

Ramsay has no really power. With these titles how many men does Ramsay have that are his. None. Zero. Roose gave them to him and he allowed him to have the titles. If he really had any power the army he's marching on stannis would be larger, Ramsay would give his father his men he's too much a bad person. So saying all the this I just hve to say I completely disagree with the op. hell never really have power. He may even be lord of winterfell as far as titles go and if his father isn't with him I bet he would have next to 0 men to call on. The commons despise him. The lords despise him.

Ramsay has a lot of titles but no real power. He is Lord of Hornwood, but the hornwood men hate him for what he did to Lady Hornwood. He is lord of Winterfell but the northmen hate him because he is a Bolton and a psychopath and Wyman Manderly is quickly going to have someone with a better claim to Winterfell than "Arya". As for the Dreadfort, even if the Northman and Stannis don't mannage to kill him, the Freys may do him in so Fat Walda's child can have the Dreadfort. As has been said before, the few men Ramsay has are actually Roose's and I question how long they'll stick around after Roose kicks the bucket. As for who will be the new Lord Hornwood, Larence Snow is the obvious choice since he is Lord Hornwood's son and it might keep the northmen from fighting over who gets the land.

Ramsay is not powerful at all. Roose can take everything away from him at any time, and IMHO Roose will do so in due course to cast him down.

As for his titles of Lord of Hornwood and Lord of Winterfell, they are fake since he has no right to bear them.

He kidnapped and forcible married Lady Hornwood, the widow of the Lord of Hornwood, and then made her sign a will making him his heir and then locked her up and left her to die. Lady Hornwood, however, has no right or authority to will Hornwood away and it would have be up King Robb to choose the heir to Hornwood. The initial plan by Maester Luwin and Rodrik Cassel was to make Lord Hornwood's bastard son, Larence Snow, the heir to Hornwood.

And his title of Lord of Winterfell is derived from a lie, i.e. marrying fake-Arya.

His titles aren't fake because he has no right to them. As lomg he has support from his father, Ramsey certainly has power. Look what happened at Winterfell. How could the Boltons make fArya marry Ramsey? Power (men + land). Ramsey killed Lady Hornwood after marrying her and claimed her lands. The other Houses were unhappy about it, but powerless to stop it, distracted by the WOTFK and all. Look at the reaction from ser Rodrik and Luwin.

Personally, yes, I agree that Ramsey has little power and that without Roose he has nothing. But Roose is still backing him at the moment. If Stannis (who has dubious authority amongst the Northerners) declared for Laurence Snow, it could move some Northerners to support that claim.

Stannis can legitimize Lawrence and he will be the next Lord Hornwood

Ramsay won't have this title anymore in a close future.

And now lots of people will know Arya is not Arya, but Jeyne Poole, what will destroy his Lord of Winterfell title.

What do you mean with Arabia?

I think Lawrence Snow was there to show the status of bastards. He could be legitimized, if alive. OTOH, those lands, as well as the Dreadfort, can also be used to reward people for their service, and it seems a more enticing prospect than handing it to Lawrence Snow.

What do you mean with Arabia?

Sorry about that. I posted form my cellphone and it self corrected Stannis into Arabia and I didnt realize.

I have already edited.

About Ramsays power, I realize he is not that powerful yet, but by right he is lord of hornwood and lord protector of winterfell, even the Iron Throne recognizes that.

And, as Varys said in TV show, influence is like a weed, it takes time to grow, and whle time passes Ramsays tightens his grip over his titles and is legitimized.

Do u guys think Lawrence Snow rides with Stannis? He is described as brave and wit, sounds like a guy who would gladly fight a war for his claim

Archived