LGBTQI Thread - An Ode to Bisexuals

karaddin

Really, karaddin!!! That was so beautiful!! Brook is one lucky lady. Plus the Princess Bride is a fantastic threshold test for relationships. Well done! :thumbsup:

A little jelly that no one's ever written such a beautiful poem about meeting me. I'll get over it, though. Please continue.

The last I heard, over 1400 messages of support, had been sent to Cassidy Campbell. I got an email with that news which also asked me to email five people and ask them to send messages of support. Only problem is, I don't know five people. Oh well. :rolleyes:

That's Ok, at least 5 of us have sent one, better than email anyway!

The last I heard, over 1400 messages of support, had been sent to Cassidy Campbell. I got an email with that news which also asked me to email five people and ask them to send messages of support. Only problem is, I don't know five people. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Well you asked on here and last time I checked at least 4 (including me) had sent a message.

N

Well you asked on here and last time I checked at least 4 (including me) had sent a message.

N

ETA ninja'd by Gillio - or how I should read to the end of the thread before replying...

Oh dear. I wasn't commenting on the response here, which has been great. I was just bemoaning the sorry state of my social life. I only have one person's email address, my former boss's. And I can't ask him, because he'd probably put two and two, together. Between hear and one other place I frequent, about a dozen people have responded and I think that is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Apparently, the momentum is growing.

2,500 messages of support for Cassidy Campbell, the #transhomecoming queen, and counting. Have you thanked her for her bravery?

Send Cassidy a note of support http://bit.ly/1eBYltp

ETA: I just did something that would have been unheard of a while ago. I sent her a message in my real life name.

The turds that come out of right-wing bible colleges are astounding.

Who's surprised? Let's see a show of hands!

*crickets*

The Christian right has been, is, and will remain, the largest social bloc that opposes LBGTQ equality. From the RCC to the Mormons to the evangelicals, they are the largest, most organized, most devoted, and most committed to impeding equality for LBGTQ people.

Who's surprised? Let's see a show of hands!

*crickets*

The Christian right has been, is, and will remain, the largest social bloc that opposes LBGTQ equality. From the RCC to the Mormons to the evangelicals, they are the largest, most organized, most devoted, and most committed to impeding equality for LBGTQ people.

And it's so puzzling to me...why is this such a hot button topic with them? Why not go after drinkers, fornicators, gamblers, overeaters, hot tempers, (what deadly sin am I leaving out? Pride?)etc. with as much zeal? I just don't get it. How does someone else's right to love and marry who they want impact me? It doesn't. I seriously don't get it.

Why not go after drinkers, fornicators, gamblers, overeaters, hot tempers, (what deadly sin am I leaving out? Pride?)etc. with as much zeal? I just don't get it.

Possibly because one's congregation (or indeed oneself) may well engage in some or all of these, thus reducing the scapegoat factor and also collection-plate receipts?

Possibly because one's congregation (or indeed oneself) may well engage in some or all of these, thus reducing the scapegoat factor and also collection-plate receipts?

Yeah, I like this too.

I have known people who hid their sexual orientation because of fear of what their church congregation would do...and I know there has to be lots more of these people. Why pick on this one particular issue so harshly? I seriously do not get it. And I really don't get why more people of faith are not asking this question.

Why pick on this one particular issue so harshly? I seriously do not get it. And I really don't get why more people of faith are not asking this question.

Bah, don't have time to really explain what I think of it, but the bullet poitns are:

- masculinity reinforced by masculine-oriented religion

- patriarchical religion that controls female sexuality readily crosses over to controlling deviant sexuality

- gay (male) sex is icky in a way that lying, or gluttony, or anger, is not

- that which is socially favored becomes religiously convenient

- historically, the lack of power from the LBGTQ community to fight back

I just got Netflix, again, so I may take a look at Orange Is The New Black. Yes, she does sound intelligent, but does she have to be so damned gorgeous? :bawl:

:rofl:

I first wrote "she's intelligent, smart, and beautiful" but then decided that it'd be a sexist thing to comment on her looks just because she's a woman. :lol:

You know, I was reading the Miley Cyrus Rolling Stone interview last night (don't judge.) and one of the things I think is really cool is how more androgynous styles/fashions/celebrities are becoming visible. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with traditional roles, but it's cool that we're seeing more and more freedom to just be...whatever you want. I like that.

Archived