Bakker - "You worship suffering."

lokisnow

everyone's favorite jizz alien horde

we don't even know that the black jizz is proper jizz. what if it's x-files alien AI and esmi is now infected with aliens? or what if the black jizz is not an inchie thing, but a consult innovation, a nanite horde molded by the tekne, which have replaced esmi cell-by-cell so that she is now an evil consult robot? or what if the black jizz is a virus moving backward in time that will become a quantum singularity and eat the universe at the moment of its big bang? or what if the black jizz is not jizz but the grace of god and the black jizzer is not the old father but the god and esmi is now the annointed daughter of heaven?

It must be a law that every Bakker thread must at some point devolve into a discussion about the properties of jet black semen. If it isn't it should be. In fact, we can just be succinct and say that every Bakker thread devolves in general.

Bakker did say originally skin-spies were supposed to cut off their victims' faces so it's entirely possible our beloved author just hadn't hashed out all the specifics of everyone's favorite jizz alien horde

Wasn't that a big factor in the first book? Akka's contact at the beginning of the novel turned up with his face cut off and then he is accused of the murder and mutilation?

It would certainly limit the skin spies' ability to effectively imitate anyone still alive!

It must be a law that every Bakker thread must at some point devolve into a discussion about the properties of jet black semen. If it isn't it should be. In fact, we can just be succinct and say that every Bakker thread devolves in general.

in my pynchon thread, i've suggested as bakkake the likelihood that, over time, the probability that bakker-talk will dominate a thread approaches 1, no matter what the original purpose.

your rule is that every bakker thread devolves to black semen.

together, our rules coat the internet completely. eww.

what organic material could be present in black semen that would make it black? is it just supposed to be a bizarre and unsettling image to make us abhor the consult on a gut-level long before we learn of their... preledictions? or is something more? is the carapace hardened black jizz? does diet affect the consistency and shade of said jizz? do the inchoroi subsist entirely on licorice? is that why they crashed? truly, we ponder at the contents of God's own Mind.

I think the scene in TTT clearly indicates the "man" she's dominated by is an illusion:

"Walking between Wards is easy," a voice hummed, "when their author practises other arcana."

She awoke suddenly, if not completely, and through blinking eyes watched yet another man walk

to the side of her bed ... He was tall, dressed in a black cloak over a silvered brigandine. With

relief she realized he was quite handsome. There was compensation of a different sort in—

His shadow had hooked wings.

She tumbled from the far side of the bed, shrank toward the far wall.

"And to think," he said, "that I thought twelve talents an outrage."

She tried to scream, but somehow he was there, pressed like a lover against her, his smooth hand

clamped about her mouth. She felt the thick arch of him pressed against her buttocks. When he

licked her ear, her body shuddered in treacherous delight.

I think the scene in TTT clearly indicates the "man" she's dominated by is an illusion:

I tend to agree that it's intended to be a glamour, but at the same time I think there's a certain amount of vagueness due to the author simply not fully ironing out the details of all the metaphysics at that point. The black seed is the thing that really mixes it all up though. It if's someone who's possessed (which we later get confirmation of being possible), then it doesn't really make sense why the seed is black. At the same time, if we assume a glamour is happening, then we must also assume that either a.) Esmi's just "being hypnotized" into imagining black semen, or b.) the bird-synth is literally spewing black semen. Given the circumstances and what we know in general about the Inchoroi, I'm more inclined to believe it's the latter. A third person really would just see a weird bird-human-hybrid stroking a chick with its wing and then busting on her. Absurd, yes, but then given the very basis of the topic, it really isn't that far-fetched, all things considered.

Another point that goes against simple possession is that the form Aurang takes is very fitting for an Inchoroi-as-human. Tall, dark, handsome, etc. He's even described as being god-like. So I think that fits better with the shape an Inchoroi would prefer to take, if it could take any form it wanted, rather than just happening to find a nearby human with those features.

As for the reason why the jizz is black, I'd have to go with the idea that it's just a revolting and/or memorable piece of imagery to signify early on that, whatever these things are, they're not human.

At the same time, if we assume a glamour is happening, then we must also assume that either a.) Esmi's just "being hypnotized" into imagining black semen, or b.) the bird-synth is literally spewing black semen. Given the circumstances and what we know in general about the Inchoroi, I'm more inclined to believe it's the latter. A third person really would just see a weird bird-human-hybrid stroking a chick with its wing and then busting on her

Heh, it really is a head scratcher why more women aren't reading this series...

But I think the bird comes on her stomach. Which actually makes sense, because you think an Inchie is going to pull out right before orgasm?

eta: Oh, black semen is a symbolic callback to the title of the book. ;-)

And some other delicacies like honeyed anuses. It sounds disgusting, but so do frog's feet, I assure you it's a taste you'll acquire very quickly (see:everyone in this thread).

in my pynchon thread, i've suggested as bakkake the likelihood that, over time, the probability that bakker-talk will dominate a thread approaches 1, no matter what the original purpose.

bakkake, heh. A perfect storm of strangely designed aliens and their even more unwise bodily fluids.

/slowclap

One of the problems with this is that our author probably would think that this is awesome and hilarious.

That's a problem?

The Inverse Fire is a bouncing badger that never stops bouncing. I thought that we'd settled this.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

That video was pretty intense.

Sadly, I went looking for that a couple months back and discovered that the 23 hour loop of the badger song had been removed from YouTube. :(

Sadly, I went looking for that a couple months back and discovered that the 23 hour loop of the badger song had been removed from YouTube. :(

Skinspies be slacking off B, they supposed to be keepin' that shit.

You know there's actually a Native American Tribe, the Potawatomi, who call themselves Keepers of the Fire? Another reason Bakker should be glad that he didn't tackle race.

Archived