Possible Division of POV Chapters in TWOW

John Reyne

If he's going to finish this in two books, he is going to keep his eye on the ball, and keep to the main plots and main characters.  IN other words, get Dany out of Meereen and back to Westeros with her army, and minimize stories like Storm's End which don't have major characters involved.  Here is my take on it

The Wall and Beyond (20)

Jon:  9  (one or two may be Ghost, but he comes back fairly quickly)

Bran:  6

Davos:  5  (Hardhome is close to Skagos, could get involved with evac)

Winterfell/Aftermath

Theon/Asha:  4  (Merges with Wall)

Meereen/Aftermath (10)

Tyrion:  7

Barristan:  1

Victarion:  2

Dothraki Sea

Daenerys:  7 (last 2-3 are with Meereen/Aftermath)

Braavos

Arya:  4 (moves to Westeros)

Riverlands (8)

Arya:  4 (total of 8)

Brienne:  4  (More likely to survive than Jaime)

Vale

Sansa:  7

King's Landing

Cersei:  6

Oldtown/Reach

Samwell:  5

Storm's End (5)

Arianne:  4

JonCon:  1

Other

Damphair:  2

Areo:  1

This comes to 79 not counting prologue or epilogue, which sounds about right.  It's the same length as SoS.

I think Jaime's story may be over.  It's about time for a major POV character to die, and Jaime fits the bill nicely.  Unless he is the valonqar (I have my doubts),he really doesn't have any more role to play.  Also, I do not think we got eight chapters of character buildup for Brienne simply so she could immediately die.  Arya/Brienne merger is an assumption.  They could merge with others, but I expect Arya to leave Braavos, and Brienne to do something useful.

If he's going to finish this in two books, he is going to keep his eye on the ball, and keep to the main plots and main characters.  IN other words, get Dany out of Meereen and back to Westeros with her army, and minimize stories like Storm's End which don't have major characters involved.  Here is my take on it

The Wall and Beyond (20)

Jon:  9  (one or two may be Ghost, but he comes back fairly quickly)

Bran:  6

Davos:  5  (Hardhome is close to Skagos, could get involved with evac)

Winterfell/Aftermath

Theon/Asha:  4  (Merges with Wall)

Meereen/Aftermath (10)

Tyrion:  7

Barristan:  1

Victarion:  2

Dothraki Sea

Daenerys:  7 (last 2-3 are with Meereen/Aftermath)

Braavos

Arya:  4 (moves to Westeros)

Riverlands (8)

Arya:  4 (total of 8)

Brienne:  4  (More likely to survive than Jaime)

Vale

Sansa:  7

King's Landing

Cersei:  6

Oldtown/Reach

Samwell:  5

Storm's End (5)

Arianne:  4

JonCon:  1

Other

Damphair:  2

Areo:  1

This comes to 79 not counting prologue or epilogue, which sounds about right.  It's the same length as SoS.

I think Jaime's story may be over.  It's about time for a major POV character to die, and Jaime fits the bill nicely.  Unless he is the valonqar (I have my doubts),he really doesn't have any more role to play.  Also, I do not think we got eight chapters of character buildup for Brienne simply so she could immediately die.  Arya/Brienne merger is an assumption.  They could merge with others, but I expect Arya to leave Braavos, and Brienne to do something useful.

You might want to bump that up to 80 and include at least 2 Barristan chapters since we already know he has at least two. :)

Also 6 chapters for Bran? What is this, GoT? ASoS and ADwD both had 3 only for him. I do hope you're right,, I love his chapters.

Also 6 chapters for Bran? What is this, GoT? ASoS and ADwD both had 3 only for him. I do hope you're right,, I love his chapters.

Now that we're in "Act 2", Bran's story should presumably start picking up again (GRRM mostly ran out of "Act 1" story for him after he leaves Winterfell).

Now that we're in "Act 2", Bran's story should presumably start picking up again (GRRM mostly ran out of "Act 1" story for him after he leaves Winterfell).

I hope you're right. I love Bran's chapters. The mysticism and side of the world we see only through his eyes is fascinating. 

Archived