Do we know Planetos is round?

falcotron

OK. That raises the question of why it should be difficult for people sailing the same ships that powered our world's Age of Exploration, but let's accept it as the truth.

How did they then regularly sail across the 200-mile-wide Narrow Sea? Unless you're suggesting that the route from Maidenpool to Braavos goes all the way down the coast, across the Stepstones, and back up?

I'm no sailing expert but sailing across open water without accurate maps and time pieces can't be like using GPS. Didn't the Iron fleet lose like half its strength sailing from the Step Stones to the mouth of Slaves Bay?

GRRTH is most certainly round. I think you need a round planet to make gravity work. Might want to ask a scientist.

1. You also need a planet to spin on its axis to make seasons work. And yet, that's not how seasons work in GRRM's world. How do they work? Again, as GRRM says: magic.

2. Gravity worked on Tolkien's world, even though it was flat. How? Divine magic. GRRM explicitly compares his world to Tolkien's.

3. You don't actually need a round world at all to make gravity work; a flat world would have gravity as well, unless it were paper thin.

1. You also need a planet to spin on its axis to make seasons work. And yet, that's not how seasons work in GRRM's world. How do they work? Again, as GRRM says: magic.

2. Gravity worked on Tolkien's world, even though it was flat. How? Divine magic. GRRM explicitly compares his world to Tolkien's.

3. You don't actually need a round world at all to make gravity work; a flat world would have gravity as well, unless it were paper thin.

Well in that case GRRTH is a triangle. Also what is Tolkien?

I'm no sailing expert but sailing across open water without accurate maps and time pieces can't be like using GPS. Didn't the Iron fleet lose like half its strength sailing from the Step Stones to the mouth of Slaves Bay?

I'm not sure what the point of this is. Are you suggesting that everyone who sails across the Narrow Sea routinely loses half their ships too?

Besides, this seems more like an argument against Euron being able to successfully circumnavigate the world than anything I suggested.

I'm not sure what the point of this is. Are you suggesting that everyone who sails across the Narrow Sea routinely loses half their ships too?

Besides, this seems more like an argument against Euron being able to successfully circumnavigate the world than anything I suggested.

My point is in the OP you say that they don't sail out of sight of land might mean the world is flat. I'm saying that they might not sail out of sight of land because it is dangerous.

I like GRRTH. I think it will suffice.

GRRTH is the new Puddles, only better. Just go with it!

I made certain Puddles made it to a certain trope wiki. Perhaps i should do the same for GRRTH.

But yeah topic. GRRTH is round. It is known. It just has an..electromagicphlebotinum axis.

Archived