Board Issues 3

Datepalm

Hi,

Another member has problems loggin in, and has asked from me to mention this to you.

The member cannot log in, even though there is no problem with the password.

Any help or suggestion is more than welcome!

Thanks!

I do long complex threads with heaps of colouring , italics, quotes etc. It takes me a few sessions to get together. I was doing it in open office and pasting into the thread-maker. With the new software update today, I'm losing all of the colourings, the quotes dont work etc etc.

Is there a program with like for like compatibility with the new software? So I can do it all in there and paste into thread maker with no discrepencies? I know this sounds anal, - its hard to describe how i work on a thread.

I couldn't log in either, even though my password was ok. So I tried asking for a new password by typing in my username. When I got the e-mail with the new password, and it didn't work, after a while I tried logging back in by putting in the validation key I was sent, as opposed to acknowledging the e-mail in the normal way. After I did that I got back on the system but I don't know whether that was coincidence or not.

Hi,

Another member has problems loggin in, and has asked from me to mention this to you.

The member cannot log in, even though there is no problem with the password.

Any help or suggestion is more than welcome!

Thanks!

Thank you for your help Danelle! Problem solved, for now.

Robin brought the quote issue, and I would like to extend it on spoiler brackets... How do we put them now?

Also, if I may ask, is this all due to overload? And if I also may suggest that approving of the threads be also practice on General (ASOIAF) forum, since I think every 5th thread deserves to be opened... Most of them are recycling not-so-old ideas and it would be easier to point new members to old threads then having like 20-30 threads about same thing...

The quote function seems to have gone strange. Not displaying the usual timestamp or enclosing quotes in the usual quote wrapper.

The wrapper issue seems to be cured, it just doesn't look the same in the editor.

Okay, I can live with that. The data is there in the editor. It just looks a little different, but is really ok.

will work for now. I forgot that I had to edit the rich text menu to include the spoiler button.

Where are these broken links, X-ray?

ETA: None of this is due to site overload, BTW. We updated to a major new version of the software that paves the way to an even more substantial version, and it seems there are some kinks. But I myself am not seeing the issues others are citing, which is strange.

Archived