Board Issues 3

Datepalm

Would it be possible to place the "Board FAQ link at the top of the Forum please? (As in along with the:

Westeros Forums Wiki Chat MUSH

links.)

I originally found/saw the "Board FAQ" link in Ran's post signature. The other link I just located is right down the bottom of the Forum's main menu page along with the Privacy Policy. When looking at the menu page, that bottom link doesn't always show as you don't need to scroll to the bottom to read all the titles.

Thank you.

Sorry, additional post for an ETA to above as the Edit function didn't work:

I just clicked on the tiny "Help" link which is also at the bottom of the page and thought maybe that link could also be incorporated into a FAQ link at the top of the page as most of those titles already are/could be classed as FAQs.

(I hope this posts OK, there's something weird going on with this posting function.)

Sorry, additional post for an ETA to above as the Edit function didn't work:

I just clicked on the tiny "Help" link which is also at the bottom of the page and thought maybe that link could also be incorporated into a FAQ link at the top of the page as most of those titles already are/could be classed as FAQs.

(I hope this posts OK, there's something weird going on with this posting function.)

Would you by any chance be using the udated Internet Explorer?

@Rhaenys_Targaryen, no I'm still using the old one. (I keep getting asked if I want to update to the new IE but I keep ignoring it.) I would have quoted your post but this thread won't let me do that either. I have also previously not been able to copy/paste to this thread but can in other parts of the Forum. I'm wondering if I should start accessing this site via Google Chrome instead?

@Rhaenys_Targaryen, no I'm still using the old one. (I keep getting asked if I want to update to the new IE but I keep ignoring it.) I would have quoted your post but this thread won't let me do that either. I have also previously not been able to copy/paste to this thread but can in other parts of the Forum. I'm wondering if I should start accessing this site via Google Chrome instead?

Well, I'm using chrome now, but only until the problems I have with explorer are solved. The forum works fine in Chrome for me, but the Wiki does not. Certain things on the wiki become unreadable.

Internet Explorer suffered a security leak a few days ago, and an update has become available to fix this leak, and make your computer secure again. My laptop has trouble with updates (and has had those problems for about 2 years), so mine is a bit slower.

I'll let you know if my problems with explorer have gone away after the last update (still have one update to go). Perhaps you have updates that haven't been installed yet, that you could manually instal? It would be strange if this problem occured suddenly for you, after everything working fine first.

Or did it happen from the start, from when you were first using the forum?

Well, I'm using chrome now, but only until the problems I have with explorer are solved. The forum works fine in Chrome for me, but the Wiki does not. Certain things on the wiki become unreadable.

Internet Explorer suffered a security leak a few days ago, and an update has become available to fix this leak, and make your computer secure again. My laptop has trouble with updates (and has had those problems for about 2 years), so mine is a bit slower.

I'll let you know if my problems with explorer have gone away after the last update (still have one update to go). Perhaps you have updates that haven't been installed yet, that you could manually instal? It would be strange if this problem occured suddenly for you, after everything working fine first.

Or did it happen from the start, from when you were first using the forum?

The problems (on this thread only) were happening from the first time I tried to post here. As you can see, I was able to quote this time but that's because I'm now on Google Chrome. I'll wander off now and see how well Wiki works via Chrome on this PC.

ETA Had a quick look around Wiki and so far so good :) - that confirms I'm better off using Chrome since I can quote and edit now on this particular thread. I haven't tried Chrome on the normal part of the Forum yet though.

The heavy load we get during the show leads to occasional bad caches. If you have the time, append ?action=purge to the URL, and hit Yes. Should fix it right up.

To help with things, I'm going to force a purge of everything right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting timeouts,errors 505 and this

Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: apc_store(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php on line 72 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php:72) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/classCacheApc.php:72) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

We had an issue that spun out of control, and then in the middle of my taking some things down, I got an internet outage which delayed getting it sorted out. With helps from Sparks, managed to get it sorted out eventually.

We had an issue that spun out of control, and then in the middle of my taking some things down, I got an internet outage which delayed getting it sorted out. With helps from Sparks, managed to get it sorted out eventually.

I wish you worked for my company. :)

I keep getting "security certificate warnings" logging onto the main page. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I am using the same phone I have been using for the last couple years on here with no problem, this just recently started occurring. Any ideas what the issue is?

I keep getting "security certificate warnings" logging onto the main page. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I am using the same phone I have been using for the last couple years on here with no problem, this just recently started occurring. Any ideas what the issue is?

Maybe enhanced updates to your phones security technology?

Hi,

I think I found an error on the interactive map.

In ACOK, chapter 19, Arya is shown to be on the East shore of the God's Eye.

But, in the text it's: "To the east, God's Eye was a sheet od sun-hammered blue that filles half the world."

So should be on the West shore.

Archived