Board Issues 3

Datepalm

Whats the new share ink feature about and how does it work? Is it any different to just clicking on the post and getting that posts url, like i used to do? or is there more to it?

PS someone i know is still locked out.

I have heard that posts now have limits... Since I often write essays, I would like to know what is the limit for the posts, so I could know how to organize my essays... Thanks...

I'm still only able to log in when I check the "Remember Me" option, but at least I can get on the board.

Yes, this seems t obe the only way I'm able to log in at all. Not an option I prefer. But... there it is.

I have heard that posts now have limits... Since I often write essays, I would like to know what is the limit for the posts, so I could know how to organize my essays... Thanks...

Is this true? Oh no i have some big ones lined up. Say it aint so.

A minor (but irritating) Tapatalk issue ever since Tapatalk upgraded - and simultaneously when iOS7 upgraded. Before, when I clicked on "Unread" on Tapatalk, it would correspond exactly to the way I have "View New Posts" set up when I browse the forum on my laptop. That is, I have "View New Posts" set up to filter out all but the few subforums that I actually visit (Misc, BwB, etc). Now, however, when I click on "Unread" in Tapatalk, it shows me new, unread posts from ALL forums, which is irritating because the list is mostly made up of new posts from book subforums. So, the "Unread" feature is not mapped directly to "View New Posts" the way it used to be.

I assume this is a Tapatalk issue and can't be resolved here, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to bring it up here anyway. Alternatively, I've tried to browse the forum with the phone's web browser (Chrome) and it works fine, but I prefer Tapatalk, frankly. I've also tried the IP app, but that's not as good either.

For reference, I'm using Tapatalk v.2.0.3 and iOS v.7.0 on an iPhone 5.

Sorry again about this. Still trying to figure it out, but hampered a bit as Sparks is very busy with RL. Once she's back, we'll sort it out.

Thanks, Ran. The issue is worse for some reason with Firefox. It's a tiny bit easier to log on with IE, for some strange reason. Still takes numerous attempts, though.

I have been having this frustrating problem logging in as well. I thought I was doomed never to post again, until I read this thread and clicked the Remember Me option. Finally, back in.

Is that what has been going on with the Login's, is it the same for mobile devices?

Okay, I guess that is IPB's official software having the issue. In the interim, try logging in to the site via asoiaf.westeros.org in Safari, and feel free to use the Mobile skin (linked at the bottom) in the interim. Hopefully that will work.

this has worked for me.

I'm scared to log out, though!! :cool4:

The iPhone 5 ad is back after a few days' absence. I tried to get the page source but right-clicking on the page or on the links in the page had no effect (it didn't bring up the menu so I could click on 'View Page Source').

Archived