Secret Santa VIII--Gifts are arriving!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Yay, me too! I've been working on my debt snowball for almost 2 years.

Debt snowball - it has a Christmas ring to it. ;)

We should compare notes .....

Debt snowball :) My snowball is bigger than yours :p :D

I walk my 2 miles with mr. Dog and listen to Ramsey. I'm on baby step 1 :lol: I'm just beginning my journey and dragging husband screaming and kicking behind me.

Debt snowball :) My snowball is bigger than yours :P :D

I walk my 2 miles with mr. Dog and listen to Ramsey. I'm on baby step 1 :lol: I'm just beginning my journey and dragging husband screaming and kicking behind me.

I'm on baby step 2 - and it's HARD! But, I've only got about 5 months left. The good news is that I 'cash flowed' my trip to CapClave.

I can't believe I almost missed this!

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18?

Yes.

Are you willing to ship internationally?
Yes.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):
Thai, french.

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) :
Fudge, licorice, milk chocolate. And I've got a serious weakness for Maltesers.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):
Spicy, vanilla, coconut. I love Yankee Candles.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):
Horseriding, reading, traveling, baking.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):
Fantasy, historical dramas, cookbooks.

Favorite animal:
Horses, cats and dogs.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):
Too many to mention.

Favorite Color :
Deep blue.

Do you collect anything?
Wedgwood Vera Wang platinum lace dinnerware. Which is not suitable for posting in the mail…

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?
Yes! Yankee candle scents not available in Europe – like something with pumpkin.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:
Erm... I am currently homeless (as in living in my parents house) and I'm getting married next year. I like presents. Anything that's giftwrapped! I'm easy to please :)

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color?
See above
b. Type of candy? Fugde. Also milkchocolate, particularly Godiva. Hate Hershey’s.
c. Type of munchie? See above..
d. Puzzle to do? Don’t like puzzles.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .
Black ornaments or ones that look like “old” glass.

4. What type of hobbies do you have?
Think I’ve answered this one before..

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?
Joy.

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?
Big family.

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why?
Love Actually. It’s one of the few romantic comedies I like.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/
Semi-religious.

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

B.

10. Favorite Christmas music
English carols.

11. What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

B

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.
A Mulberry bayswater bag.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
N
o clothing please, I’m super picky about clothes.

14. What colors are in your:
a. bedroom?
b: kitchen?
c. living room?

It’s all white.

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc
Modern, white.

Is this a debt management thingy? Don't be stingy, send me a link.

Yep. Dave Ramsay has a set of baby steps and philosophy for getting (and staying) out of debt. He makes a load of sense.

(although I don't subscribe to his every belief).

PS Lily, I love your new .sig

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18? Yes
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes

Favorite Type of Food : Southern; Italian

Favorite Candy : Dark chocolate

Favorite Scent : Please have mercy on my sinuses :)

Favorite Hobby :cooking; reading; chasing my children; smocking

Favorite books or types : I read.

Favorite animal: cats

Favorite movies or types : Movie? I haven't seen a movie post kids, even at home!

Favorite Color : yellow, red, turquoise

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: nothing specific at the moment
Do you collect anything? Nope. No room for collecting.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Nope :)

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Nope

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? No

4. What type of hobbies do you have? See above

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Family christmas

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? So hard to choose. Elf? A Christmas Story? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation? Notice a theme?

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Very non-religious

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
Any as long as it takes no effort on my part.

10. Favorite Christmas music None, please, have mercy

a. chaotic

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Eh, not that inhibited.
13. What sizes do you wear: Ladies small, when not pregnant.
a. bedroom? blue
b: kitchen? golden yellow

c. living room? pale yellow, burgundy
15. What style is your home decorated in? classically influenced late toddler, covered in pet hair.

I have not filled out a questionnaire because I thought I'd make it simple. :)

I like chocolate (but I'm gluten free). I love science fiction and would love to have anything by William Gibson because I have not read anything by him. The Neuromancer is supposed to be excellent. If the person who draws my name is from far away, just find something sci-fi associated or GoT associated on Amazon, Think Geek or HBO and I will be pleased as punch. As I said last year, send me your favourite music or something from your city, like a fridge magnet. I am pleased with toys of any kind. :)

For those of you considering shipping from the Land's of Eternal Summer (Spanish Caribbean) where King Zar the Spammer dwells (that is, like only one other of you, but whatever). Here's the shipping deadlines for arrival BY CHRISTMAS of Regular, Certified Mail if you do not plan to use online shopping.

UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND CANADA

Ship By December 2nd, 2013.

UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, SPAIN, FRANCE, GERMANY, ITALY, BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS

Ship By November 20th, 2013

REST OF EUROPE

Ship By November 7th, 2013 <_< :shrug:

#ThirdWorldProblems

Thanks for the reminder Zar :)

From the US:

International

First-Class Mail International®
Service

Asia / Pacific Rim

Dec. 9

Australia / New Zealand

Dec. 9

Canada

Dec. 9

Caribbean

Dec. 9

Central & South America

Dec. 2

Europe

Dec. 9

Middle East

Dec. 9

For US Domestic:

First-Class Mail® Service Dec. 20

Priority Mail® Service Dec. 21

Priority Mail Express™ Service* Dec. 23

Standard Post™ Service Dec. 14

Destination Network Distribution Center (DNDC) Drop Ship Dec. 19

Destination Delivery Unit (DDU) Drop Ship Dec. 21

Shit I got late.

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18? Yes

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian, Mexican. I'm vegetarian btw, don't eat egg either

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Chocolate basically. Darkest I can find.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Not much here. :P

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Reading, Gaming

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Anything thought provoking, even non-fiction. Old school philosophy too. :)

Favorite animal: I'm a little uncomfortable around animals, even domesticated pets.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): No specific choice here. But I hate dull rom-coms, sorry.

Favorite Color : None

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Beatles, though I have those.

Do you collect anything? No

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Nothing really comes to mind. :)

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: To be frank, I don't have any specific choice here. Gifts depend completely on the one who is giving it. Personally I like books the most.

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? None

b. Type of candy? Chocolate. I can't have anything with gelatine in it, like marshmallow, or eggs. But chocolate is a big weakness of mine.

c. Type of munchie? Nothing specific. But I do like those

d. Puzzle to do? A big jigsaw, yes maybe. But books are always better, they can be a puzzle themselves.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . No

4. What type of hobbies do you have? reading and Gaming

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Happy. Festive. Full of love.

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Just close people

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? :(

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Non religious

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Er, having a nice meal with my loved ones, talking to them, exchanging gifts, all worries forgotten. That's enough.

10. Favorite Christmas music :(

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

Slow and relaxed, like most mornings.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

Nothing like that.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

;)

a. bedroom? Light Brown
b: kitchen? Green
c. living room? Orange Brown thingy

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc Nothing particular

Anything else your SS should know about you? I don't celebrate christmas properly, just doing this to have fun. Don't overthink it. Your good feelings reaching me in any tangible form suffices for my Christmas. Dearest Secret Santa. :D

Anything else your SS should know about you? I don't celebrate christmas properly, just doing this to have fun. Don't overthink it. Your good feelings reaching me in any tangible form suffices for my Christmas. Dearest Secret Santa. :D

I think you just described the Christmas spirit perfectly :)

I have the addresses for everyone currently signed up. I think this is the first time this has ever happened. :love:

more housekeeping notes:

Names will be given out on Monday

Please PM me when you have shipped your gift so I can keep track

Also, post in the thread when your package arrives, even if you don't open it right away.

(yes, I have a spreadsheet and I highlight one color when sent and a different color when received.)

If after getting your person, you realize you will not be able to participate, PLEASE PLEASE PM me before December 1st.

Archived