Football 53: Come on feel the Moyes!

Xray the Enforcer

Not too sure of the 'tactically' naive there.

We had a few different tactics, and adjusted to our opponents ok (we never did well against Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool, but let's not go there). However, changing tactic when his first one wasn't working - i.e changing during a match - never was Moyes' strength. That and his refusal (I'd go that far) to make substitutions/attempt tactics change before the 70th minute.

I didn't watch any football yesterday (children's party), but I'm a bit baffled by United being so porous at the back. That always was a strength of Moyes' Everton teams.

Man Utd are now 7-1 for the title, i know they have started shit but they are still only 3 points behind City and 4 behind Chelsea (both of whom have had a couple of shit performances of their own), i don't see spurs or Arsenal as true title challengers yet.

also Torres, how long a ban should he get for that face scratch if he is pulled up on it?

Yeah but also your keeper is increasingly crap. Okay, nothing too glaring today but he was out of position for the freekick and while you understand the concern of getting a red and a penalty on the third goal, he was way too static. He's gone all timid, it's weird. Like the polar opposite of Lloris.

Hart is in a run of pretty bad form relative to his high standards. I wouldn't agree that he's timid as such, he just seems to have a very bad habit where every mistake he makes seems to lead directly to a goal. He's either rock solid or flapping at a corner.

He'll bring it back, no doubt. Let's also not forget that he's kept the most clean sheets in the Premier League for the last two years on the trot.

The Villa game was a freak result. We could play that exactly the same way 1000 times again and they would never score three goals. Happy to write it off.

The Mata situation is something Mourinho has done everywhere he's been. Marginalising a player by dropping them and making derogatory comments about their attitude etc, only to bring them back into the team and claim to have reinvigorated them later in the season. Benzema and Joe Cole have been on the wrong end previously. Seems to fool a lot of people, even heard on commentary yesterday it was a "master stroke" to bring Mata on as he provided the ball for Terry. Fuck off was it.

The Mata situation is something Mourinho has done everywhere he's been. Marginalising a player by dropping them and making derogatory comments about their attitude etc, only to bring them back into the team and claim to have reinvigorated them later in the season. Benzema and Joe Cole have been on the wrong end previously. Seems to fool a lot of people, even heard on commentary yesterday it was a "master stroke" to bring Mata on as he provided the ball for Terry. Fuck off was it.

When it was said it was a master stroke, the commentator was taking the piss.......

suarez is a vile human being but he is a very special footballer. i hope sturridge stays fit for the 2 world cup qualifiers. jesus, even the bottom of the socks are disgusting on the liverpool strip, whoever designed it had access to some pretty amazing mushrooms.

Not a great performance but happy with the result. 13/18 is about what I expected and we are in a good position right now with some favourable games to come. Need to keep plugging away and get the results whilst the performances might not be there.

i'd love to see liverpool and arsenal deciding the title come may.

of course, that would require them to maintain their current form until january and make some smart signings in january.

even that wouldn't be enough, but city, united and chelsea would need to spend a bit more time to adapt their teams to their new managers and vice versa, and tottenham would need to strike a bad patch somewhere along the way.

with all that in mind, i'd be very surprised (and delighted) to see liverpool in top 2 at the end of the season.

Archived