Sansa Stark will ultimately win The Iron Throne

Spartan64Destiny

This will be my last post for a while because as a noob, I spent quite a lot of productive time away from day to day stuff.....lol!

Now onto to my short brief personal theoretical rationale of why I think Sansa Stark will win The Iron Throne. All throughout the story she has maintained and conformed to all the expectations expected of her regardless of the circumstances placed upon her, no matter how tragic, awkward and just down right goofy.

In todays professional working world or society, one has to play the game. If you want the job, you will more than likely answer the questions the way your expected to in an interview with the boss. If your in public office and you want to be elected your going to say what the masses want to hear. If you want to keep your job you are not going to speak your mind at a board meeting now matter how much of a douche bag your CEO is. You going to keep your thoughts in your own head and if deemed appropriate you will find a peer you can confide in and speak your thoughts in a low tone of voice very discreetly. If there is time to bail out of bad working relationship or position with you career, you should already have your ducks in a row, resumes written with another job in line and get the f%#K out of there.

In a medieval fantasy character role playing way Sansa Stark has been able to do all these things in certain predicaments at Kings Landing with her interactions with Cersi and Joffrey and at The Vale with her dealings with Little Finger and that snotty kid Robert.

Sansa Stark knows how to play "The Game," she is very intelligent and cunning character. GRRM hates cliche endings, yet I do not think he really wants an ending of GoT to be so grim and dark like everyone else. Hopefully when it is all said and done a few years from now, I'm hoping everybody on westeros.org remembers and the thread Spartan64Destiny started..................

if playing the game is only requirement for gaining the IT, I'd have expected LF, Varys or Bloodraven to become kings long time ago.

Where Sansa's journey will take her, I don't know, but I don't think she'll have anything to do with Iron Throne (though there's a small chance she marries Aegon). If she ends up as royalty, it's more likely she'll be Queen/Regent of North or maybe Vale.

I could see Queen Consort and de facto ruler but Sansa has no legitimate claim to the Iron Throne that we know of. It would be a cheat if it turned out that she had a better claim than Robert had because that would have given Ned or Hoster/Edmure a shot and been worth a mention.

And any claim more distant than that has at least nine people with better claims (Aegon, (Jon), Dany, Tommen, Myrcella, Stannis, Shireen, Bran and Rickon). All of them would have to drop dead first, for Sansa to claim the Iron Throne as ruling Queen. WoW and ADoS are gonna be blood baths but this is ridiculous.

And getting it by conquering all of Westoros, Aegon the First-style? With what army, with which dragons?

But to be fair, I would give her better odds at being the 7K's Queen Consort (and even de facto ruler) than any other female character.

As an avid fan of GoT, I want Jon and Daenerys Targaryen to rule The Realm together as King and Queen with Tyrion Lannister as their hand along with Samuel Tarley, Barristan Selmy and Brandon Stark or maybe Jorah Mormont on the Small Council. I would love a Redemption and Restoration through humility & honor of House Targaryen finale, but your not going to get LOR endings from GRRM. GRRM enjoys throwing his fans for a loop with strange endings that the readers of his books or viewers of his TV show have to interpret for themselves. At this recent Comic-Con he did promise to have an ultimate ruler to the I.T. so therefore, this is not the conclusion I want but this is what I realistically theorize will happen.

As an avid fan of GoT, I want Jon and Daenerys Targaryen to rule The Realm together as King and Queen with Tyrion Lannister as their hand along with Samuel Tarley, Barristan Selmy and Brandon Stark or maybe Jorah Mormont on the Small Council. I would love a Redemption and Restoration through humility & honor of House Targaryen finale, but your not going to get LOR endings from GRRM. GRRM enjoys throwing his fans for a loop with strange endings that the readers of his books or viewers of his TV show have to interpret for themselves. At this recent Comic-Con he did promise to have an ultimate ruler to the I.T. so therefore, this is not the conclusion I want but this is what I realistically theorize will happen.

I just threw up. Thanks brah.

I am the greatest Sansa champion here on the boards, but even I can't see her being ultimate ruler of Westeros... The issue I have principally are her desires...

You used the word "realistically" for this? :)

Eeeeeeeeehhh, idk brah, credit where credit is due man! Its def brashcandy or k3.

My dear friend, do you actually think I meant that literally? I have utter respect for both ladies you mentioned, and I would add Lyanna Stark and Rapsie to that list, and all they have done for Sansa's good name...

And, BTW, I am not like some people, claiming titles as, ahem, Commander of KIng's Men... I am humbler than that :)

And, BTW, I am not like some people, claiming titles as, ahem, Commander of KIng's Men... I am humbler than that :)

Brah i was elected to this position, I didn't pursue it or choose this, it was thrust upon me by a cold uncaring forum, and someone had to take charge, otherwise chaos and anarchy would reign.

Btw, my proper titles are "Commander of the champions of stannis, king of the brahs, and his majesties vanguard"

Brah i was elected to this position, I didn't pursue it or choose this, it was thrust upon me by a cold uncaring forum, and someone had to take charge, otherwise chaos and anarchy would reign.

Btw, my proper titles are "Commander of the champions of stannis, king of the brahs, and his majesties vanguard"

I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be his greatest asset here on the forums. Yet dare I disregard it? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.

To be perfectly honest, you sabotaged elections with the deal you struck with Wyman Manderly, so he would send Davos, and you could take the position...

And speaking of titles, since you have been authorized by his Grace, the one true King, I recommend you to give me the title.

I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be his greatest asset here on the forums. Yet dare I disregard it? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.

Yes.

To be perfectly honest, you sabotaged elections with the deal you struck with Wyman Manderly, so he would send Davos, and you could take the position...

I know not of what you mean by this ser. Lord davos is a good and loyal man, i would never allow harm to come to him. And Lemoncakes! was the witness to this vote, do you doubt her word?

And speaking of titles, since you have been authorized by his Grace, the one true King, I recommend you to give me the title.

It is not my place to give titles away. This is my duty, i cant shirk from it.

Thanks brah ;) And no, I really don't see Sansa ending up on the Iron Throne, from both a personal and political standpoint.

Haha, no problem, and I agree she wont sit the throne. It would be an interesting turn, and a bit of a shock, but i dont see it.

I know not of what you mean by this ser. Lord davos is a good and loyal man, i would never allow harm to come to him. And Lemoncakes! was the witness to this vote, do you doubt her word?

It is not my place to give titles away. This is my duty, i cant shirk from it.

OK, let we leave this, before someone gets offended... I would hate to walk on egg shells about this... And, if someone is offended by "greatest Sansa champion", well, I can't help it...

I agree she wont sit the throne. It would be an interesting turn, and a bit of a shock, but i dont see it.

I am currently advocating the political end for Sansa as Lady of Harrenhal...

Okay, avoiding forum politics annallat--I'm sure you people are all fabulous....

I don't see a direct line for Sansa to the throne, but I DO see attempts to USE her for power (Littlefinger) and I think maybe that will succeed until she is in a position to MARRY onto the Iron Throne (to unite north and south) , but I suspect Sansa will come into her own before it works that way and Sansa will bring down a LOT of players.

Archived