Sansa Stark will ultimately win The Iron Throne

Spartan64Destiny

For now Little Finger and other potential suitors such as Harrold Hardyng, Young Griff (Aegon) and her current husband Tyrion are riding her coat-tails for the most part, but in due time she can be positioned to come into power for herself with The Knights of The Vale, The Stark supporters of The North with their Hedge Knights and sell-swords. Keep in mind that her enemies in Kings Landing have their own problem to worry about (including Cersie...OMG) and indirectly that gives her momentum to build for now. Other than her zany circumstances going on with being young Robbins momma and LF making passes at her, she has been able to maintain her poise, conceal her true identity and stay alive using her wits without lifting a sword, while the rest are placed in harms way or thrown into utter total warfare. After reviewing the responses and threads on this post, the majority has come to the conclusion that Sansa Stark (just like the mid-major or non-bcs conference teams in NCAA sports) is a major PLAYER IN THE GAME OF THRONES!!!!!

Kind would like to see Sansa all armored up leading the charge, her own personal sigil a wolf eating a lemon Lightbringer in her hand, hair all blazed up, shouting, her battle cry "Now for lady, Now for father, and a Red sun rise!" LEMON CAKES! LEMON CAKES! LEMON CAKES!

• 3 months later...

It is certainly possible Sansa could marry Aegon (though, I think a Aegon/Arianne match is more likely myself,) and she does have arguable claims to the North and Riverlands, and through marriage to Casterly Rock and potentially the Vale. Personally, though, I think Sansa's destiny is to return to the North to rebuild Winterfell and have sons she can name Eddard and Robb. As to how I see *that* happening, well the following link to me seems a likely outcome.

http://blindestspot.tumblr.com/post/50820774456/jonxsansa

Of course, on the other hand since it's been established now that Sansa HATES KL and wants nothing to do with the Iron Throne, GRRM might be enough of a bastard to find a way to put her there even though, she's one of the few candidates for Queen who doesn't want the job. Not anymore.

It is certainly possible Sansa could marry Aegon (though, I think a Aegon/Arianne match is more likely myself,) and she does have arguable claims to the North and Riverlands, and through marriage to Casterly Rock and potentially the Vale. Personally, though, I think Sansa's destiny is to return to the North to rebuild Winterfell and have sons she can name Eddard and Robb. As to how I see *that* happening, well the following link to me seems a likely outcome.

http://blindestspot.tumblr.com/post/50820774456/jonxsansa

Of course, on the other hand since it's been established now that Sansa HATES KL and wants nothing to do with the Iron Throne, GRRM might be enough of a bastard to find a way to put her there even though, she's one of the few candidates for Queen who doesn't want the job. Not anymore.

Responding to the bolded part, I don't believe it works that way. Inheriting by right of marriage only doesn't happen automatically (as it does in a lot of modern societies). Scratch Casterly Rock off the list of potential power bases for Sansa.

If Sansa and Tyrion had a son, and if Tyrion was recognized as heir to Casterly Rock - or was already the lord of Casterly Rock - then the son would inherit that estate. That's pretty remote, though, with things as they are at the moment.

The only way that Sansa could inherit CR as her own is if Sansa is named as heir to it, but named only by whoever is already the recognized heir or lord of the place. That's fairly unlikely, to put it mildly.

So as things stand now, with Tyrion and Sansa separated, Sansa wanted for regicide and Tyrion convicted of it, the likeliest heir to Casterly Rock is Tommen.

The best she could hope for is being a queen who is subject to the king. He and his hand will be the rulers.

Second, I don't think there's evidence that she knows how to do deal with the mess that Westeros will be in when winter's over. It would be the most unbelievable storyline to all of a sudden turn her into an expert on politics, warfare, and diplomacy.

The chances that Sansa gets the Iron Throne in her own right are vanishingly slim. Much more likely is that she marries the king or person who becomes king. Right now she's doing an internship with Lord Baelish, who has perfected the art of ruling through the ruler, so Sansa could be ruling Westeros without reigning.

I don't even think LF has shown signs of ruling too much. He was never really in control of KL. He influenced Joffrey to kill Ned but he needed Lysa to get rid of Jon Arryn who was the actual hand. He never ruled through the hands of the king. He got rid of them. Tyrion/Cersei both were being controlled by Tywin who was a former hand. If anything Tywin is the one who ran the show. I don't think he influenced Robert that much either when it came to ruling. Yes, off hand there were things he suggested but enough to say he was ruling KL I don't think so. He's more of a chaos bringer/shit stirrer.

Now in the Vale he has shaky control. Now that Lysa is gone he's scrambling.

I think ruling is the opposite of LF's nature since it's about order.

She won't earn it probably, but she could marry into it. I hope she doesn't end up as a queen because of the consequences of her naivety in the first book. She's becoming a little more clever with each passing book, but for me nothing she does will make up for her early mistakes. Pawn, yes. Player, maybe. Winner, probably not.

Sansa has absolutely no desire to return to King's Landing ever again. She will not be on the Iron Throne at the end of the series.

Of course GRRM being the sick puppy he is, the fact that Sansa hates KL,and the Red Keep and wants nothing to do with the IT may mean he will put her back there if only as Queen consort.

But no, as mean a sense of humor as GRRM has I don't think he'll do it. Personally, I wonder if the IT won't go to Shireen Baratheon or a child of Aegon's by Arianne.

I can imagine Sansa having learned to loathe the idea of exercising power, through having seen it misused so badly, so often...but grudgingly agreeing to do it through both being Regent of the North and strategic marriage - not because she particularly wants either thing by the end of the series, but because it's her duty to her family and the North to exercise the power for their benefit, and because all her experience has taught her how to use the power effectively and humanely, because she doesn't love power for its own sake. So imagining Sansa being a good and just ruler and being completely unhappy with the miserable job for the rest of her life would be kind of an amusingly "bittersweet" ending to me...

I can imagine Sansa having learned to loathe the idea of exercising power, through having seen it misused so badly, so often...but grudgingly agreeing to do it through both being Regent of the North and strategic marriage - not because she particularly wants either thing by the end of the series, but because it's her duty to her family and the North to exercise the power for their benefit, and because all her experience has taught her how to use the power effectively and humanely, because she doesn't love power for its own sake. So imagining Sansa being a good and just ruler and being completely unhappy with the miserable job for the rest of her life would be kind of an amusingly "bittersweet" ending to me...

You may be right about that Mambru, but she won't be exercising that power from the IT. It will be from the North or maybe the Vale or Riverlands.

Sometimes I think Sansa would be best served by returning to the North and then marrying a nice noble born Northern boy and living in or near Winterfell to lend Rickon and/or Jon a hand. I think she's tired of dynastic matches at this point.

So many people have such high opinions of Sansa and I just don't get it.

She just isn't very smart, she is completely without loyalty, and she is not a very nice girl.

She would make an excellent trophy wife for some rich dude, but as far as accomplishing anything on her own? Not even remotely possible.

Archived