Sansa Stark will ultimately win The Iron Throne

Spartan64Destiny

Guys, everybody knows Sansa's greatest champion is LF.

He's looking to support her real hard.

It would be an interesting turn, and a bit of a shock, but i dont see it.

I see it, and it's shiny like a Bethlehem star. The Maegi are on their way too, in the form of 3 prophetic Lannister kid deaths instead of three kings, but we've already had at least 3 kings so that clears Maggi the Frog to be the Maegi here in this Christmas analogy, Maggi whose words have been trapsing through Cersei's brain on their long pilgramage to becoming true in the holy land KL when the new prettier queen gets crowned hard.

The funny thing is that I don't actually think Sansa will be queen, either, although I don't think we can rule it out at this stage. It's just that I don't believe "Sansa doesn't want to be queen" is any kind of argument that she won't be, and in fact tends to support the opposite outcome.

Much newfound love for Newstar for still managing to fight the good fight. The not-wanting-it is how Martin might show she's finally deserving of it.

GRRM has been as random as life when it comes to fate of his characters. However the pattern I see is this.

Character X has some dream and thinks that a certain things are neccessary to get that dream (or it is an impossible dream). But because of randomness of fate X realizes that those certain things are no more achieavle but instead takes thsoe characters to a different path through which those characters might actually get the dream.

See the pattern **Dany** **Tyrion** **Bran** **Arya** Sansa

Dream: To be a lady. Queen. Have Knights in shining armour.

Yep. Mmmmm-hmmmm. Oh yeah. This is the answer to "Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Wylis Manderly?" (Not that he's the guy for her, necessarily). That's how I see it going for her, though: she gives up on the dream when it becomes a nightmare, then she stops dreaming (Alayne), then the waking world is nightmare enough to pull her back in, and she realizes it's time to wake the world from its nightmare by reclaiming hers. Her inner dream changes along the way--it's not about selfishness and prestige anymore, it's about the people needing rulers who repair the abyss instead of deepening it.

So just how much pain does Sansa have to go through to make her worthy of the iron throne?

Suffering is a language learned. Speak it fluently and people respond like they did to Mandela. It's not a wave of pain she'll ride into KL, though, but a wave of inevitability. All set up by LF. Be the last fully intact army and your stock rises and you start moving into the center through osmosis. Your appeal increases as people think they need you to consolidate the new world order. Then just wait for the offers to start rolling in. But if you're looking for specific painful situations that await her, perhaps something cool involving her finding out Catelyn heads the BWB, and before that she might have to get Fingered.

In the suffering Olympics no one wins.

She isn't my favorite choice...yet it's possible she is learning from the best!

That's what I'm saying. :drool: And the suffering olympics sounds like a good alternate title for the series.

It is certainly possible Sansa could marry Aegon (though, I think a Aegon/Arianne match is more likely myself,)

Dorne will screw itself over at every turn, I'm thinking. They're going to make the wrong calls and end up on the wrong side of this thing. It's their fate. So where Robb switched dance partners and it got him killed, I have a feeling Aegon may drop Arianne to stay alive.

The only way that Sansa could inherit CR as her own is if Sansa is named as heir to it, but named only by whoever is already the recognized heir or lord of the place. That's fairly unlikely, to put it mildly.

Or by the Iron Bank, in the event they want a "Lannister" who will finally pay her debts. I can also imagine Tyrion using it as an insurance policy against being killed by his sister when he goes into the Lion's den to confront her: "Strike me down, and all of this (Casterly) goes to my wife, just so you know." (I'm not a realtor so I don't know if that last bit is possible under Westerosi law----it may be that it's possible but nobody with land ever writes it into their will because they always want to make sure the family inherits..... but that's not what Tyrion might want just then. Etc. There's other wacky scenarios too.

Sansa is going to grow sick of everyone plotting on her and her inheritance. She will then warg into a bird and never return. The singers will sing of her for centuries to come. The ballad of the winged wolf, it will be called.

Count on it.

Right. If this happens, I'm on the hook to send someone a cake through the mail cross-country.

I'm thinking Sansa will be Jon's Spymaster.

What? I'm seriously trying to respond to this, and.... there's just nothing coming...

Well.... she is edging into sneaky-ville by learning how to manipulate folks. I guess if I'm pushing for Queen then I can't really say Spymaster is too tall an order. :drunk: Still, with Arya standing right there underfoot.....

Much newfound love for Newstar for still managing to fight the good fight. The not-wanting-it is how Martin might show she's finally deserving of it.

Yep. Mmmmm-hmmmm. Oh yeah. This is the answer to "Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Wylis Manderly?" (Not that he's the guy for her, necessarily).

That's how I see it going for her, though: she gives up on the dream when it becomes a nightmare, then she stops dreaming (Alayne), then the waking world is nightmare enough to pull her back in, and she realizes it's time to wake the world from its nightmare by reclaiming hers. Her inner dream changes along the way--it's not about selfishness and prestige anymore, it's about the people needing rulers who repair the abyss instead of deepening it.

Suffering is a language learned. Speak it fluently and people respond like they did to Mandela. It's not a wave of pain she'll ride into KL, though,

but a wave of inevitability. All set up by LF. Be the last fully intact army and your stock rises and you start moving into the center through osmosis. Your appeal increases as people think they need you to consolidate the new world order. Then just wait for the offers to start rolling in. But if you're looking for specific painful situations that await her, perhaps something cool involving her finding out Catelyn heads the BWB, and before that she might have to get Fingered.

That's what I'm saying. :drool: And the suffering olympics sounds like a good alternate title for the series.

Dorne will fuck itself at every turn, I'm thinking. They're going to make the wrong calls and end up on the wrong side of this thing. It's their fate. So where Robb switched dance partners and it got him killed, I have a feeling Aegon may drop Arianne to stay alive.

Or by the Iron Bank, in the event they want a "Lannister" who will finally pay her debts. I can also imagine Tyrion using it as an insurance policy against being killed by his sister when he goes into the Lion's den to confront her: "Strike me down, and all of this (Casterly) goes to my wife, just so you know." (I'm not a realtor so I don't know if that last bit is possible under Westerosi law----it may be that it's possible but nobody with land ever writes it into their will because they always want to make sure the family inherits..... but that's not what Tyrion might want just then. Etc. There's other wacky scenarios too.

Right. If this happens, I'm on the hook to send someone a cake through the mail cross-country.

What? I'm seriously trying to respond to this, and there's just nothing coming... Well.... she is edging into sneaky-ville by learning how to manipulate folks. I guess if I'm pushing for Queen then I can't really say Spymaster is too tall an order. :drunk: Still, with Arya standing right there underfoot.....

there is a Mladen theory floating around that Sansa is skin changing into birds, so she would be able to spy that way. Also with her skin changing abilities she could possibly have access to Bran who is could spy for Jon as well.

• 2 months later...

Kind would like to see Sansa all armored up leading the charge, her own personal sigil a wolf eating a lemon Lightbringer in her hand, hair all blazed up, shouting, her battle cry "Now for lady, Now for father, and a Red sun rise!" LEMON CAKES! LEMON CAKES! LEMON CAKES!

Don't underestimate lemon cakes. They are the cue for Brienne to recognize Sansa. :)

Archived