[Spoilers] Breaking Bad - The whole thing felt kinda shady, y'know, morality-wise?

Bridgeburners

I thought the end was fitting to the overall theme of the show--We all saw Walt break bad, but now was time for Walt to realize what the show/story has really been about: him. Walt always though he was selfless but this end was about im finally accepting his selfishness and trying to say "I fucked up, but this will at least redeem me a bit". In no way do I support Walt for his journey, but in the end I was finally on Walt's side saying "fuck it all, let's end this shit the right way".

Don't know about the complaints, I loved it. I wasn't expecting to be "shocked" or "blown away". I was expecting resolution, and in some ways I got it. It was perfect. Walt's story finally ended, but everything else he created still exists. I think people need to see it more as not being "tidy and predictable" but as Walts story coming to its logical conclusion. The world goes on without Walt. All his pride, all his want and need to build an empire and to be Heisenberg, and in the end the world keeps going, and he doesn't.

That's how I see it anyways. It was Walt being Walt. Now he/Heisenberg are gone, but everything they created still exists. I liked it. I don't know. It didn't sat better with me than the ending to the Sopranos (which I eventually came to love, but still, that took time). Given the flash forwards, how else could it have ended anyways? Ozymandias was the real "finale" of BB. This was just the finale of Walt, and it was great.

Don't know about the complaints, I loved it. I wasn't expecting to be "shocked" or "blown away". I was expecting resolution, and in some ways I got it. It was perfect. Walt's story finally ended, but everything else he created still exists. I think people need to see it more as not being "tidy and predictable" but as Walts story coming to its logical conclusion. The world goes on without Walt. All his pride, all his want and need to build an empire and to be Heisenberg, and in the end the world keeps going, and he doesn't.

That's how I see it anyways. It was Walt being Walt. Now he/Heisenberg are gone, but everything they created still exists. I liked it. I don't know. It didn't sat better with me than the ending to the Sopranos (which I eventually came to love, but still, that took time). Given the flash forwards, how else could it have ended anyways? Ozymandias was the real "finale" of BB. This was just the finale of Walt, and it was great.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

I thought it was excellent. There weren't really any surprises but it was satisfying closure to see Walt tie things up the way he did. No loose ends to threaten his family (unless a bitter Lydia called out a hit on them to be spiteful, sorry for raising that idea).

I did like the twist that Walt was using Grey matter to pass on his money to his children rather than some revenge and his bluff was great. I'm pleased his kids will see the benefit of the cash at least. The final scene with Flynn was incredibly touching.

Walt saving Jesse was a nice touch too. He didn't have to do that (although it gave him a nice pretext to be on the floor) and he essentially shileded Jesse too.

Favourite part was Walt admitting he did it all because he liked it and he was good at it. Don't worry Walt, we liked that you liked it and were good at it.

Now I wait in anticipation to see which show will step up and fill the void like this show did when "the wire" ended. We may be unlucky and have to wait a while for something on that level or maybe there's a show on air right now that's gaining momentum? Hopefully it's something completely new as I can't think of anything on air at the moment that is on the same level yet.

I also look forward to whatever Vince Gilligan and Bryan Cranston have in store for us. I guess Cranston will focus on film for a while but I hope he'll try his hand at something as diffferent from Walt as Malcolm in the middle.

I wonder if "better call Saul" will still be set in the past? Now that it's not a spoiler, surely it'd be fine to set in the present?

Now I just have to wait for the inevitable series collection on blu-ray. I should drop hints for xmas. It'll be great to rewatch this show knowing where Walt ends up.

BTW-Boardwalk Empire's season has been excellent so far. A nice hit of meth to ease the end of Breaking Bad.

Part of me wanted Walt to take a hit of Jesse's meth as he died so he could say "holy fuck--that ain't bad" as he died. Part of me didn't want that, so I was fine either way.

I also want to add. Walts death just hit me. I mean I knew he had to die, but this is Walt. I've seen him escape time after time. I knew he'd be dead. Still, that last scene. It was just, weird to see him dead. Like, actually dead. That might be one reason I really loved the ending. There's this finality where you see Walts done. No more running. No Sopranos ending where even though you assume he's dead, you don't see it so Tony sort of can live forever in a way. I can watch the Sopranos a million times and think of Tony as alive. Walt now will always be dead to me. In re watches he'll be a dead man walking. It'll be this tragedy where I'm watching him struggle in vain. Where I know in the end, he doesn't exist anymore.

I've seen other shows where a character dies, but I don't know, this felt different. Maybe I was more emotionally invested. Maybe it's the way it was shown to us. Maybe, even though I knew he was going to die, and wasn't surprised at his death, it just didn't click with the idea in my head that I had of Walt always existing, struggling, plotting, surviving. EDIT: After a rewatch of this episode, maybe it's because it's odd that the man who affected all these lives and who changed so much is now gone, while the world he created is still moving forward due to his actions. I don't know. I'm overthinking it.

Walt's death was horrible. I didn't want him to go. Turns out I still had some kind of a soft spot for him, regardless of all the shit he's done. But it was a fitting end to his story. The whole episode was phenomenal, I absolutely loved every minute of it.

I wonder if "better call Saul" will still be set in the past? Now that it's not a spoiler, surely it'd be fine to set in the present?

How would that work, though? Saul's on the run too, and he's a mess. I don't see how it could work as a comedy-drama, which is what Vince said it'd be.

I totally loved it. I was expecting Walt to die in the end, but I couldn't predict everything he would do before that. The episode wasn't a shock, neither was the masacre scene, but felt kind of everyone-got-what-they-deserved. I was surprised with myself when Walt and Jesse exchanged that last look. It moved me for some reason (mostly because it was the end of BB, but also reminded me of how things started).

Walt trying meth before death, would have been so un-Walt like and thus disappointing.

I'm very, very satisfied.

I would like to put forward this finale as an example to all the people who say that die-hard fans can really be satisfied, or that no matter what you do you will be always pissing up someone. It can be done, and this is how.

Please show this to the showrunners of Lost, Battlestar Gallactica, Dexter. Explain to them what's to be thematically consistent. What's to have a destination in mind while writing. Explain that you can't introduce mysteries without knowing their answers yourself and planning where to reveal them. That you can't cram all the resolutions in the single last episode. That a finale it's not the place to introduce deus ex machina out of nowhere.

This thread is full of spoilers!

I forgot to put that in the title....

You can edit the thread's title by editing your first post.

I'm very, very satisfied.

I would like to put forward this finale as an example to all the people who say that die-hard fans can really be satisfied, or that no matter what you do you will be always pissing up someone. It can be done, and this is how.

Please show this to the showrunners of Lost, Battlestar Gallactica, Dexter. Explain to them what's to be thematically consistent. What's to have a destination in mind while writing. Explain that you can't introduce mysteries without knowing their answers yourself and planning where to reveal them. That you can't cram all the resolutions in the single last episode. That a finale it's not the place to introduce deus ex machina out of nowhere.

:agree: Great finale. I did not want any shocks that would blow me away, I wanted resolution, a satisfying finale that neatly ties up all major loose ends and provides closure to Walt's story and the people around him. This episode did exactly that.

Most people expected Walt to die after freeing Jesse anyway, so there couldn't have been any major shocks there. The only thing I did not expect was the fact that he went to Elliot and Gretchen to get their help, not to destroy them. That made sense and I'm surprised I didn't see it coming.

Archived