An accurate commentary on my stance vis-a-vis Brandon Sanderson

Yagathai

It's pretty awesome to appear in a Penny Arcade strip, either way. And, to be honest, a major shock. I still haven't gotten over the surprise that comes from having random websites I visit suddenly mentioning me.

Next thing you know, Yahtzee will be comparing me to someone's testicles.

:laugh:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/1nfpjr/is_sanderson_being_hyped_too_much/ccimorj

Personally, I like Sanderson. Even Elantris. I didn't even realize until recently that there was such a strong aversion to his books, as they seem pretty popular without being Twilight-ish or anything. (AMoL was probably the only one of his that I just didn't really enjoy.)

I was listening to his podcast the other day, and they did a couple episodes of brainstorming (Brainstorming with Brandon and Brainstorming with Brandon Again), and they give you a pretty good idea of his thought process in writing.

(While I love the podcast--it's the only one I subscribe too--I tend to find Brandon to be the worst host and sometimes I just roll my eyes at him. But I'm still probably going to buy Steelheart.)

Personally, I like Sanderson. Even Elantris. I didn't even realize until recently that there was such a strong aversion to his books, as they seem pretty popular without being Twilight-ish or anything. (AMoL was probably the only one of his that I just didn't really enjoy.)

I was listening to his podcast the other day, and they did a couple episodes of brainstorming (Brainstorming with Brandon and Brainstorming with Brandon Again), and they give you a pretty good idea of his thought process in writing.

(While I love the podcast--it's the only one I subscribe too--I tend to find Brandon to be the worst host and sometimes I just roll my eyes at him. But I'm still probably going to buy Steelheart.)

Me neither. I mean, I get it to an extent. Clearly Sanderson has been a success, deservedly or not (I'll allow everyone the opportunity to form their own opinion on that :P). Whereas other authors (that perhaps some people feel deserve that same level of recognition) are struggling.

Archived