Capclave 2013 - House Bannister Friday Dinner

DaveAx

HOUSE BANNISTER -- GIVING NEW MEANING TO "UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS" SINCE 2013

[The following press release has been approved by Lord Brekewynd Bannister, founder of the House.]

Hear ye, Bannister Bannermen! With the sage advice of Maester XRay and the leal assistance of Arlingzen Bill, the following has been arranged:

Our hostelry will provide us with sole use of the Rook's Corner private dining room on Friday night, from 5:45-8:00 PM. (In other words, from the end of the Meet'n'Greet to the start of the GRRM reading.)

The room is reserved, natürlich, in the name of the "Bannister" party. Ask for it by name when entering the restaurant.

There will be a fixed-price buffet available from the steam tables in the main dining room. It will also be possible to order from the restaurant's menu...and thus from the bar as well. (No outside bevs permitted; save 'em for later in-room consumption.)

There will be separate checks, so that sanity can be maintained and those who want to leave a bit early for costume changes, quickies, and other necessities can do so with minimal inconvenience.

The room seats a maximum of twenty. Based on current info regarding con attendance, pig-gnawing, &c. on other threads, there may be more people interested in joining this event than will fit comfortably.

So, once again, it's first-come, first-served sign-up time. You know the drill: add a post to this thread indicating that you want to attend (and noting any +1s).

Remember, also: we'll be right next to the main restaurant, so you can always get a table there and wander in to say hello. And there'll be 48 more hours of con in which to hang out, too!

----------

SEATS CLAIMED:

DaveAx

MaryQueenOfScotch + 1

Pod

Maid of Woodlynne

JetBoyGirl

OneEyedRaven + 1

AngryGoTFan + 1

SEATS REMAINING: 10

Is House Bannister already established (people wise), or can new people try to go?

I'm very confident (but our Master of Revelries can confirm) that all are welcome, at least until we hit seat limit. :) DaveAx mentioned first come first served above.

I'm very confident (but our Master of Revelries can confirm) that all are welcome, at least until we hit seat limit. :) DaveAx mentioned first come first served above.

I agree with your interpretation. Also it may be a rotating 20 since some of us can't be there the whole time.

Confirming:

1) First-signed-up, first-admitted is the plan.

2) Bill/XRay are right that there will be intermittent vacancies and some rotating seats. (The Iron Swivel-Chair?)

3) I don't know details on the dining room, but there will may be a bit of standing-room space for casual non-dining visitors. Such individuals are on their honor not to block the paths of the serving staff.

Any room for a newbie?? I live in the DC area and unfortunately I can't attend the entire weekend but dinner Friday would be great!

Sure, you're now on the list!

Hey, just to let you know, one member of my party of three has had to cancel. Something came up with her family. There will still be two of us, though!

Got it, thanks!

Archived