NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

I wonder if he can be a starter somewhere right off the bat, probably going to be a backup to put pressure on an iffy starter somewhere

Freeman that is

I was thinking the Titans might be a good fit, but it turns out Jake Locker's hip injury might not be as bad as they'd feared at first.

Vikings make some sense, except Cassell played well last week in Ponder's stead.

Either way, a guy with his talent will be an exceptional backup.

I was thinking the Titans might be a good fit, but it turns out Jake Locker's hip injury might not be as bad as they'd feared at first.

Vikings make some sense, except Cassell played well last week in Ponder's stead.

I think Fitzpatrick is a very good backup for the Titans. He wasn't the guy Buffalo wanted him to be, but I think he's a quality talent for a backup.

A talented troublemaker seems incredibly unlikely to get a job as a backup. Most backups are intelligent guys who don't have the arm strength to play in the NFL, or washed out starters who were good citizens. Bringing him in for a bad team to start seems bad too, as winning games with a guy who's nto your long term answer just seems like a good way to get a worse draft pick.

A talented troublemaker seems incredibly unlikely to get a job as a backup. Most backups are intelligent guys who don't have the arm strength to play in the NFL, or washed out starters who were good citizens. Bringing him in for a bad team to start seems bad too, as winning games with a guy who's nto your long term answer just seems like a good way to get a worse draft pick.

Yeah, that dog-killing ex-con Michael Vick never got a job again...

uh-oh. Hoyer just got fucked up on that scramble. Really nice improvised play that ended bad, I hope he's ok. The Browns were actually a relevant team without Weedon's Alzheimer's symptoms holding them back.

ETA: And Weedon's first throw details exactly why he was cast aside (injury notwithstanding)

Man, I hate Thursday games, even when they mean I can watch my team. Entirely neglected to swap out players on bye from my FF team, and in a couple cases, my backups are on the Bills.

And Frazier seems to want Ponder to still be the starter. Hopefully his ribs can hurt enough for one more week so that we can see what Cassell does with another start.

And Frazier seems to want Ponder to still be the starter. Hopefully his ribs can hurt enough for one more week so that we can see what Cassell does with another start.

That was a little tongue in cheek, like the staff can tell him his ribs are not healed enough to play yet.

Sorry didn't mean to sound preachy.

Awesome comment by announcer:

"Great punt return, Weedon might try to go for it all here... No, he'll throw it into the dirt..."

Strong words. I'm not condoning or condemning (god knows, I think AP deserves a competent counterpart), but that's pretty severe.

That was a little tongue in cheek, like the staff can tell him his ribs are not healed enough to play yet.

Strong words. I'm not condoning or condemning (god knows, I think AP deserves a competent counterpart), but that's pretty severe.

Nah. He's not wishing injury on him, he's already hurt! He's just hoping the recovery takes just one more week!

But Ponder has to know that he needs to be on the field this week or his job may be in jeopardy... He'll play.

Jesus. The punt returns, they burn. Fucking ridiculous. One time, whatever. Twice is a string-up-the-special-teams-coach-type situation.

I heard the NFL is thinking about moving punts to the 35 for player safety.

Archived