NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

Sigh, fucking TuelTime. Really hope Manuel is OK.

ETA: With that said, I do think Tuel will be better next week. Coming in mid-game as a rookie who has no practical experience in the offense and hasn't gotten any first-team snaps because the starter is also a rookie is a horrible spot to be in, Kirk Cousins or no Kirk Cousins.

Damn.

Hoyer is hurt.

Damn.

We won, and I'm extremely happy that we have won three straight since waving the white flag and deciding to tank the season, but I am having trouble finding joy in the victory.

There is a very, very noticeable difference between Weeden and Hoyer, namely speed in his decisions and getting rid of the ball. Weeden just holds on to the ball for what seems like an eternity, where Hoyer seems to be able to make a good pre-snap read and thus get it to his first option quickly.

Please get well Brian.

Wow Jeff Tuel. Unproductive player on an awful college team, well below average arm strength. That's a big time prospect if I've ever seen one. If Manuel is out for any extended period you have to think the Bills look at Freeman. Tuel is just not even close to an NFL caliber QB.

So. To whomever I was arguing a few threads back about Steelers and Browns this season: I am ready for my serving of crow. I was wrong... so very, very wrong :crying:

I don't know who you were arguing with, but I imagine their argument on the Yinzers went something like this:

Their best players are either old, injury prone, or both, and the offensive line is putrid and will get Roethlisberger killed.

I'm not one who thinks that crow ever needs to be doled out, as everyone is wrong about something at some point, especially when it comes to the NFL.

It's been coming for a few years for the Yinz, the excellent core that they had that carried them to two SB is past their collective prime, and they haven't been drafting well.

Every team faces a prolonged period of crap, it just so happens their time has come. I just hope Horton isn't hired as their new head coach when they fire Tomlin.

I had thought the OL would be a bit better this year, but then Pouncey went down. Hard to lose a Pro Bowl center and line mainstay. I think if he had stayed healthy, maybe they could have cobbled together an 8-8 season. It's certainly not happening now, though.

They might not fire Tomlin. Their problems aren't in the coaches, it's in the personnel. They stayed with Cowher through some lean years, the ownership is usually big on loyalty. Even when they *cough*humanexcrementQB*cough* shouldn't be.

Didn't stay up through the end of the game, but I'm glad I picked up the Browns' D in fantasy (I wasn't going to start the Bengals D this week).

I'll laugh my ass off if the Bengals and Browns finish ahead of the Ravens and Steelers this year.

Archived