NFL Week 5- There's being 0-4, and then there's being the Jaguars.

Jace, Extat

Looking like a torn ACL for Hoyer. 3-13, here we come!

Big blow. I saw a stat today that showed the reason for Hoyer's success and Weeden's general failure.

Average time to get rid of the ball:

• Hoyer: 2.59 seconds

Weeden: 3.25 seconds

It's what I noticed against the Bengals as well. Hoyer made his decision quickly and got rid of the ball very fast which never allowed the defense to get him. Most of the passes were 6 yards or under but they were in a spot that allowed the WR/TE to get YAC.

I still believe. I started off the season fairly optimistic but Weeden made me a lot more pessimistic. However, this defense we're putting out there can straight up get after the quarterback. If Buster Skrine holds up in the secondary, the defense is good enough to overcome Weeden.

Big blow. I saw a stat today that showed the reason for Hoyer's success and Weeden's general failure.

Average time to get rid of the ball:

• Hoyer: 2.59 seconds

Weeden: 3.25 seconds

It's what I noticed against the Bengals as well. Hoyer made his decision quickly and got rid of the ball very fast which never allowed the defense to get him. Most of the passes were 6 yards or under but they were in a spot that allowed the WR/TE to get YAC.

Yeah, I took the Browns in my modified survivor league this week and when Hoyer went down I thought I was gonna get Weedoned. But the Browns were able to pull it out, mostly thanks to special teams.

I wonder what sort of career Hoyer can have in the NFL. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire, but he was dramatically better than Weedon. If he's done for the year and the Browns finish 5-11, they have to draft a qb right? Will they trade Hoyer? Keep him as a backup? Keep the rookie on the bench and give Hoyer a shot while their rookie learns? A few more good games and Hoyer might have real trade value, but at the moment I don't think anyone is willing to give much for him. Real shame that he got hurt before the Browns could really find out what they have in him.

I still believe. I started off the season fairly optimistic but Weeden made me a lot more pessimistic. However, this defense we're putting out there can straight up get after the quarterback. If Buster Skrine holds up in the secondary, the defense is good enough to overcome Weeden.

Good enough for what? To make the playoffs? Not a chance, unless they put in Jason Campbell. Seriously, he is a LOT better than Weedon.

Good enough for what? To make the playoffs? Not a chance, unless they put in Jason Campbell. Seriously, he is a LOT better than Weedon.

He has similar issues to Weeden. Elongated delivery, hold the ball too long, not a ton of pocket mobility.

As for Hoyer's career, I'm not really sure. QBs that live and die on the short passing game tend to get exposed once there is more tape on them. We've seen early success from QBs before like Hoyer then only to fizzle. So it's a bit early to tell.

Weeden looked okay last night in relief. I think adding Josh Gordon was the difference for this team, not the QB change. Gordon is looking like a definite top 10 receiver in the league, and reminds me a whole lot of Dez Bryant who is probably the 2nd best receiver in the league. He is big and fast, with unbelievable hands.

It's a shame that they didn't actually tank it, because they have are a QB away from being the best team in the division. Of course you could say the same thing about the Bengals, but still. I would love for Sam Bradford to end up with either of those teams, although he's going to have to play a lot better than he did last week to get a shot as a QB that a good team would bring in.

Dear Mike Shanahan...

Please make note of the Bills and their coaching last night. When their first round draft pick obviously hurt his knee in the game, and tried to come back in the game, They stopped it.

1. The situation with RG3 had already happened, including the backlash.

2. It wasn't a playoff game.

1. The situation with RG3 had already happened, including the backlash.

2. It wasn't a playoff game.

Neither was RGIII's injury. He hurt his knee 2 weeks prior in the Ravens game in a manner that looked remarkable similar to the injury that EJ Manuel sustained last night. Washington already had a proven backup that was much better that what the Bills trotted out last night as well.

This will do nothing to dismiss us Browns fans who believe that every good player we get via trade or free agency will inevitably suffer a serious injury. I'm looking at you, LeCharles Bentley and Gary Baxter.

Its karma. You cheered the injury of the immortal Tim Couch, still the only QB to take the new Browns to the playoffs. You're still paying the price today. Heartless bastards.

Its karma. You cheered the injury of the immortal Tim Couch, still the only QB to take the new Browns to the playoffs. You're still paying the price today. Heartless bastards.

But he was a bust!!! I know it's true because I saw it on an NFL Network special on busts. :lol:

The LeCharles Bentley thing can just as easily be pinned on that horrible staph infection he got, which seemed to plague the Browns for a few years there. I think Joe Jurevicius's career ended the same way.

But he was a bust!!! I know it's true because I saw it on an NFL Network special on busts. :lol:

Truly the be all and end all of NFL information. :lol:

Obviously, I'm at least half kidding; but when you do think about how moribund this franchise has been since re-entering the league, I do think he should deserve more credit than he gets for at least managing to sneak them into the playoffs once.

Archived