Jorah in the Night's Watch

Some people think Jorah will heed Jeor's dying request and take the Black. But the only person who even knows about that is Sam, who's never met Jorah and is in the Citadel, while Jorah is at Meereen, with no plan in place to get to Westeros.

Is there a reasonable chance that Jorah goes to the Wall? Things converge differently in fantasy tales than in real life, but it seems unlikely that Sam and Jorah ever meet, and there's no indication that Jorah would go along with the request even if he learned of it. I actually think it's more likely that Jorah dies in Essos than him joining the Watch.

From a literary standpoint it makes sense - fulfilling his dad's dying request, meeting justice for his crimes...which means absolutely nothing in ASoIF. More likely he'll be eaten by Viserion who is being warged by Wun Wun, the secret Targ grandfather of Hodor.

Eventually, quite possibly.

Of course, eventually, just about anything's a possibility. I can honestly see Jaime eventually joining the Night's Watch. In my predicted future, Jaime does join the Night's Watch. Because he chooses to. Assuming he survives to the end (which he probably won't... :crying: ).

Anyway, eventually, the people of Westeros will develop a newfound appreciation for the importance of the Night's Watch, and it will no longer mainly be the last resort of convicted criminals.

I can see it happening that when the Others have been defeated, they will be gone forever and the Nights Watch will no longer be needed. That way Jorah can't fulfill his fathers last request.

Of course, the chances of Jorah reaching Meereen are very slim. He's stuck in Essos now, and a marked man above all. He'll never leave Dany's side if he has the choise. I fear Jorah will meet his end in Essos, somewhere in the fighting, trying to prove to Dany that he still loves her or is still loyal to her or something similar.

Sam is in the Citadel now, but he went to Braavos and he met Arya there, now didn't he? When Arya went to Braavos, I never would have thought those two would ever meet, but they did. So Sam meeting Jorah is very possible. It'll just be a mystery of how they are ever going to meet.

Archived